February 26, 2023: Bible Prophecy Update -- The Only Way Any of This Makes Any Sense

I watched the movie, Jesus Revolution yesterday. I almost hate to admit it here, but I really enjoyed it for what it was. Misguided young people coming to Jesus! It would be interesting to know how many of those hippies stayed with Jesus after they grew up; got jobs and had families, but indeed wonderful seeds were planted in those young people. The movie was about the revolution, not Lonnie Frisbee.

I enjoyed watching Greg Laurie’s character showing how he grew up trying to find a way to trust people when his mother was an alcoholic and his father left when he was very young, always hoping his father would come home. As a youngster, Greg Laurie made poor decisions, but got caught up in the revolution and personally met Lonnie and Chuck Smith. It was heartfelt watching people getting baptized in the ocean; making the best decision they could ever make.

The movie was human; it was about very flawed humans. I was nine years old at that time so I enjoyed seeing the old days with the cars, houses, clothing including headbands that I remembered and thought were cool. I left the theatre feeling uplifted and hopeful that in these dark days where the demons surround us (young people in particular), that today’s youth might also be blessed enough to experience Jesus and overtake this darkness that the rest of the world just complains about.

I could hear people around me crying at some parts. Also, I have read several social media posts of other Christians who saw the movie, observed people outside the theatre in circles praying with each other and people getting saved.

Lastly, I read the social media post saying Jonathan Roumie shares his “grave soaking experience” and that he prayed to Lonnie. I also watched the video interview of Jonathan Roumie. No where in the video does he say he prayed to Lonnie. He explains that before he accepted this part in the movie, he went to Lonnie’s grave. Lonnie’s grave had grass next to it with no grave underneath, so Jonathan laid on that and “talked to Lonnie”. He didn’t say he laid on his stomach on top of Lonnie’s grave. I don’t profess to know Jonathan, and maybe there is more to the story, maybe he is a baby Christian, he could be just entering the right path or on the wide road, but his interview does not say what is being said about him.

9 Likes

I quit watching what is going down here because I know the end game God has in store for this reality. We know who wins so I look up instead of down.

3 Likes

I was just watching James Kaddis and he is interviewing Pastor Don Stewart.

Don Stewart is talking about the ‘Jesus Revolution’ Movie.
He was actually a part of the real Jesus movement as he was there from the beginning.

I just thought some might be interested in what he has to say.
It begins at about 17 mins to around 30 mins.

https://www.youtube.com/live/VlN7W-eq1VU?feature=share

5 Likes

HI Paul: Thought you might enjoy this series from Michael Youseff. I know I have.

Look Up When Others Are Looking Down (Part 4) (ltw.org)

2 Likes

We have been so deceived and lied to by history and historians. It just makes me sick how I once fell victim to the lies. It makes me sicker that my own family members who are saved by grace ( thank God!) who still cannot see! Maybe I should start a new topic, but how on earth do we lovingly keep our family relationships together when I am so alienated by discernment from the Holy Spirit? I’ve surrendered them all to Jesus. I just cannot stand to be so broken hearted for the broken bonds among my own flesh.

6 Likes

Thanks for sharing that Dallas. It was interesting to get a first hand account from Don Perkins and he spoke positively about it. Younger, non Traditional people
Coming into the church seeking Jesus. And much fellowship
And scripture reading. I can see
The excitement this could generate and many who would reminisce and are thankful for this time.
It certainly paints a picture too of a
Pastor and what
Kind of
Challanges may come with an influx
of new folks (any new group really would bring challenges)coming in and shepherding them.

Appreciate the video.

It certainly has bore some fruit with Don Perkins, Greg Laurie ( I’m aware of his ecumenism at times and hope he repents) and I am sure many others.

4 Likes

“how on earth do we lovingly keep our family relationships together when I am so alienated by discernment from the Holy Spirit? I’ve surrendered them all to Jesus. I just cannot stand to be so broken hearted for the broken bonds among my own flesh.“

Dear Michelle, so sorry with the troubles you are having with family.

I know many of us struggle with this.
Is there just no check in their spirits about things overall that Pastor JD addresses?

I also have family who are born again but don’t
discern much about our times.

This group here is truly a remnant who are seeing and waiting for our Lord to come
:heart_decoration:. Be encouraged dear sister.

8 Likes

It’s not Don Perkins but Don Stewart. No problem - I knew who you were talking about. Had to double check if I put the wrong name up there. Hee Hee.
I enjoyed hearing about it as well. It must have been an exciting time for them.

4 Likes

Ha!! Yes good catch! Sheesh

3 Likes

I don’t remember specifically what was said, but it was clearly about repentance and putting your faith in Jesus. During the movie they did not give a by the book ‘Roman’s road’ type explanation. However, at the end after the credits Greg Laurie shared his testimony more in depth and gave a VERY clear presentation of the gospel and invitation. Many people leave during the credits though and I think that may have only been for the Wednesday pre-release showing so that was disappointing.

(Sorry @Loretta66 I don’t know why this posted as a response to you and not sure how to fix it.)

4 Likes

Necromancy is the practice of communicating with the dead.

Quotes from the video interview:

“I sat by his grave and I prayed a rosary with him.”

“I sat down and I prayed with him.”

“At one point I even lied down because I just thought it would be interesting to try to connect in some way.”

“I finished praying with him, and I said, Lonnie, I wanna honor you with this film…if this is a good idea that I do this film, have somebody give me a sign, give me a sign, have God give me a sign…”

Deuteronomy 18
10 There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch.
11 Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.
12 For all that do these things are an abomination unto the Lord: and because of these abominations the Lord thy God doth drive them out from before thee.
13 Thou shalt be perfect with the Lord thy God.

1 Timothy 2:5
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

John 14
13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

Jonathan Roumie is a devout Catholic.

9 Likes

I 100% agree with what you say.

2 Likes

Yep! That’s grave soaking.
Glad you posted.

6 Likes

Thank you for your loving words. I am so very grateful to have this group who see what I see and who love on one another. I wish I could articulate my thoughts as well as some. Simply reading posts on a daily basis satisfies my yearning for family. I love you all.

10 Likes

Welcome Michelle

So happy that you joined us.

Many if not most here are like yourself in that we see the world and
events unfolding opposite of what everyone we know and love in
our family sees.

Blessings,
:heart:

10 Likes

Praise God that they are saved! I feel the same way as you do, however, in my case, no one is saved. I really don’t know which is worse - same end results, but the need to keep on pressing on in this spiritual battle! Just wanted to encourage you that in the midst of all this, thankfully they are saved :heart:

6 Likes

I never post but read so many of the posts and watch the video links after the Prophecy Update s. With that being said,
Has anyone heard of Dark Horse Deliverance School? I saw a Christian music artists wife post on Instagram that she went to this conference. Oh my😱 Please correct me if I’m wrong (and scriptures to back it up), but aren’t prophets and spiritual healings, etc. (talked about / I only listened to a YT video like 2 minutes before I turned it off), no longer necessary.

Tom Hughes, Tim Thompson Jake Porter discuss new age influencing young people and in the church , including the Enneagram, Law of attraction and other topics.

5 Likes

If Satan cannot get to us, he will certainly come after our children.

3 Likes

Yes, and yet , he uses them to then get to the adults.

2 Likes