February 5, 2023: 2 Peter 2:14 -- The Casualty of Spiritual Immaturity

Thank you @TCC for the reply. I was able to watch the first couple of videos.

I think at the end of the day, regarding the approaches some brethren may use to reach the lost (aka the Jesus movement), I believe the Word says-

1. as Paul said , he becomes like the Gentiles (without law) and the Jew (with law) to preach Christ. So we know here and in another oasssge he says to be winsome. We also know he doesn’t compromise Gods truth in what he does.
  2. God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow so whether we are in Laodicea or elsewhere the Word stands
  3. His Word stands overall as the how to

I understand trying to connect with people at their level to get them to Jesus but when that becomes being like them where there is compromise or ungodliness then we know a line has been crossed. And, when literature other than the Bible is given, that’s a huge red flag.
So I think given the Laodicean timeframe we as brethren have to be very careful and intentional about staying rooted firmly in truth. I agree with @anchored. Although God had used many situations (where truth was compromised) for His glory it does not mean for one minute that we should be outside of His will in how we do things; how we share Jesus and what is shared.
As a different example, many believers have married unbelievers and sometimes in Gods mercy the unbeliever becomes a believer. Does that mean we should do that? Heavens no, the Word is clear, do not marry an unbeliever. Just because God did help a situation or save someone after we did something wrong ourselves does not mean we should do wrong or go against the Word.
So when evangelism ministries take liberty to use man’s wisdom instead of the full counsel of God on how and what they are sharing, the Holy Spirit raises alarm bells in the life of a born again believer bc we cannot follow / we do not feel comfortable following man’s ways. A lot of times these ministries are following man’s ideas .I run from those ministries .
I shared in the past how that was evident in a ministry I was part of. They wanted to invite Catholics and NAR into our evangelism group. Because they followed man’s wisdom and ecumenical ideas. Run like the wind from such entities. The apostles themselves went out with brethren who they knew were one of them. Simple truths all from the Bible. So when a group is not following Gods wisdom there is a check in a believers soul. Oh but when the world has the attention of the brethren oh then things look to be quite different.

6 Likes