February 5, 2023: Bible Prophecy Update -- Satanically Seduced and Doctrinally Deceived

Hi Bro Ken, I haven’t had time to think about it but I can’t seem to see any difference. He is everything to me. There is no other life life outside being His child.

10 Likes

I would simply reply moving from salvation to sanctification.

I was saved decades ago… but I went on living life marrying having children working seeing loved ones pass away. After God shook humanity awake on September 11th2001 I realized our time was growing short. But God… truly awakened me the blessed moment I found this church! Over the past 3 years I have religiously watched JD and learned SO much about who/what it is I even believe !! I love all of you! Our time is SO short! Find encouragement in words from our founders. If they saw and believed imagine how blessed we will be for having not seen and yet still believe! :pray::blush::heart:

11 Likes

Dennis, I loved reading The Cost of Discipleship. It was one of the first books I read after the Bible and after being born again. A great illustration of a modern day disciple . I was very grateful for this book and the Insanity of God.

Ken asked something about our identity as a disciple today (can’t see exact text now)…

For me it means a lot of things such as-
Growing in Christ each day thru Bible study/ reading, prayer , fellowship
Repentance of sin and learning through Gods mercy
Knowing and following Gods will and dying to myself each day
Being intentional by serving using His spiritual gifts in His name with truth and grace
Helping others to know Christ and be discipled
Being holy and set apart from the world
Standing firm on the Word of God

8 Likes

I have not read it but I began detaching from this world several years ago. Some of the choices were the hardest decisions I have ever had to face. Family and friends deserted and left me because they did not want to hear about ‘Jesus’ or ‘God’ from me.
I’d rather have Jesus than anything

11 Likes

@Susan, Faith really is radical isn’t it?
I mean it’s countercultural to everything. We aren’t going along to get along. We’re on a
mission! It’s divisive! How many people stuck around with Jesus each time He told truth in love ? Hmmmmm

All those who live godly lives in Christ Jesus will be persecuted (thiught this was in Timothy… can’t find it with not being able to search on phone)….

If you are suffering for
Christs sake (sounds like you are , as you speak about Him your loved ones deny you) you will be blessed.

I have decided to follow Jesus, no turning back, no turning back….:notes::notes::notes::notes::musical_note:
:notes:

9 Likes

Radical??? LOL, I could write a book of all the dramatic twists and turns and 180’s the Lord’s hand has guided me out of. It began many many years ago when I was 18 and madly in love with an unbeliever…so for 45 years, it has been a continual a radical sifting me, molding and making me. All the while being a follower, I was unaware but He was/is bringing me closer to Himself.

7 Likes

Praise God you see His hand!

6 Likes

Re: this week’s prophecy update subject title

Gender -neutral God

Mother Earth

Catholic high school

4 Likes

10 Feb 2023

Today a bit more, sorry about that but urgency to warn is there…

-------------------------

3 Likes

I also am not sure what your definition of a disciple of Christ is.
But, I understand the difference in what is referred to as the 3 tenses of Salvation.
Justification, sanctification, and glorification.
I was justified when I trusted Christ 46 years ago. I am being sanctified as I live and grow in the Lord. Reading His word, striving to walk in obedience to His Word. It’s an ongoing process until death or Rapture.
So, I am not sure if I answered your question.

8 Likes

Thanks Dennis…Jan’s interview was excellent…lots of content

2 Likes

Never thought about that. Here is the Definition according to Merriam Webster:

disciple

noun

dis·​ci·​ple di-ˈsī-pəl
Synonyms of disciple

1**:** one who accepts and assists in spreading the doctrines of another: such as a
Christianity : one of the twelve in the inner circle of Christ’s followers according to the Gospel accounts
b : a convinced adherent of a school or individual
a disciple of Freud

Any true believer is then a disciple since we are his followers, spreading the Lord’s doctrines, i.e. share the Gospel and God’s Word. Interesting question.

5 Likes

John 14:27 - 27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Isa 9:6 - 6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

2 Thessalonians 3:16 - Now the Lord of peace himself give you peace always by all means. The Lord be with you all.

Isaiah 26:3 - Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.

1 Peter 5:7 - Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

4 Likes

@Bluebonnet @Anchored @Loretta66 @Susan @dpcollins and anyone else reading this.

I have just one question.

What is the difference in your life vs the Life of a Disciple of Jesus?

I was able to pop in earlier and see all the wonderful comments, only so many hours in the day, now I’m back for a little while tonight.

My point is a simple one, there is no difference.

I’m of the humble opinion that when one comes to the realization in their Christian journey that they are indeed an Authentic mature Disciple of Jesus, that their journey changes and new doors open.

There is nothing wrong with calling yourself an Authentic Disciple of Jesus to others. But when you do, expect to be held to a higher standard, and expect to help others who are still learning, what you already know.

Technically, we become followers of Jesus (Disciples) right away once we are born again. But we have to mature in Jesus to be His committed Authentic Disciples and that does not happen overnight. So, other Christians will naturally expect more from you, and look up to you, always be ready to help and encourage them.

Spread the good news and make Authentic Disciples.

Its all about Jesus, always has been, and always will be for all eternity.

Agape,

Ken

10 Likes
5 Likes

@YosemiteMountainMan Ken
Honestly I never thought about the question until you asked and I admit I looked it up to help with my response. Where I was reading my bible then it was just once in awhile now I read daily study and my day is all about the Lord and talking with Him and getting closer and know Him more. The question also brings to mind some experiences I had over the years. My late Pastor Had me teach a VBS one summer and though I felt I couldn’t do it I couldn’t tell him no either so I did it. I told the Lord everyday I can’t do this and everyday I went and taught the kids. during the time the Pastor came up to me and said one of the kids said I get this look about me when I teach them, and pastor smiled. Then it was over and several years went by and the then 8-10 year old’s were driving and one stopped at a store I was going into because he seen me and we talked about that time and I was shocked he would even remember. God took my weakness and the Holy Spirit taught those young kids. This is still a weakness for me as I am the type to be very quiet and don’t do public speaking very well as in my knees shake so bad I can’t stand or even speak. I say what I have to and that’s it, I don’t keep the conversation going to just keep it going. It is easier to write then to speak for me.
I have learned which took a long time to learn that when the HS says something to you like don’t do this or do this you best listen because if you don’t you will end up in a mess. Then I would shack my head at myself and say why didn’t I listen to the Holy Spirit.

9 Likes

I found the Jan Markell article both encouraging and leading to a bit more confusion for me. I have been outside of “church” since leaving the denomination I’d belonged to all of my life. I miss communion, the music, and the fellowship . . . The sermons and the “Bible studies” did little to feed my soul. I tried to speak into the critical issues (support for homosexual pastors and marriage, a “leave it to the woman and her doctor” position on abortion, a support for the “Palestinians” and a strong opposition to support of Israel, no teaching on prophecy or relating scripture to the days we are living in, and disbelief in the pre tribulation rapture of the church) but few were in agreement and the pastors were def in support of things which I understood were in direct opposition to God’s word. I felt ill prepared to debate with them and came apart to strengthen my own understanding and conviction. But I’ve had no other opportunity for fellowship. It’s been nearly four years. The only churches in my rural area are either of the same denomination I left, or Catholic, or Seventh Day Adventist. Right now, the only thing . . . The best thing I can do is pray . . . But I keep wondering if I’m supposed to go back to my old church and make an effort to speak I pray God, by His Holy Spirit, will make it plain to me. And I’m grateful for this forum and Pastor JDs messages which have done much to strengthen me.

12 Likes

Wouldnt that be true justice if a cyber attack emptied out Pfizers bank account??

4 Likes

Romans 12:21: Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

1 Corinthians 10:14: Wherefore, my dearly beloved, flee from idolatry.

3 Likes

@ jdmorton14

Hi Jesse,

First things first, welcome to Pastor JD’s forum and to our fellowship. Many of us Online Refugees call this forum our church home. We hope you come to love this fellowship as much as we do. Lots to do and see here watching the sermons, have fun and God Bless you.

My question would be as to why the word Pharmakeia would not be referring to drugs inducing an altered state of consciousness in Revelation 9 and Revelation 18?

That is a great question.

Think of Pharmakeia as an overall umbrella term, that might help you. The term Witchcraft is translated into Pharmakeia. The use of drugs that harm a person (Poison) and or create an altered state of consciousness, that is also harmful to us.

Not all drugs are Pharmakeia those that harm. God also gave us the plants of the earth to use in a positive way, and some heal.

I hope this helps you.

Blessings ,

Ken

4 Likes