How did you speak of Jesus today?

I hope more people will share how they approach people with the gospel. I am learning so much from your personal stories.
Starting deeper conversations and seeing opportunities or making them is hard for me. I like for it to be as real and natural as possible. I don’t want to treat people like a project.

5 Likes

Indeed, it would be a great topic :+1:

All together, we have so much to share.

3 Likes

Today, I saw that guy in his car and asked him if he wants to drink a coffee with me or something else, he said no! He knew I would talk a bit of Jesus… Next time, I will try again and if he says no, I will not insist.

The other guy in his car (the Muslim), I don’t see him anymore. Probably he now goes on another location, to avoid me. Ok I tried…

Some days ago, I spoke to another drunk man with a walking stick. I didn’t know how to speak to him, so I asked God to help me. 5 euros dropped from his hand and he didn’t notice it. I told him… and he thanked me several times and we shake hands. I told him I went to the funerals of my dad and I asked if he still has his parents. He told me he lost his mother several years ago and he thinks at her everyday and often. I asked him to let it go and accept her death… In the same time, this drama could be the result of his drunkenness… I told about Jesus and the testimony of my dad and the end times. He listened to me, after he took his phone to call his girlfriend, I said goodbye and left.

The same day, I also spoke to a Senegalese, about my dad, his testimony but he believed in Jesus.

Today I spoke of Jesus on Telegram (public post) but the woman became really angry :angry: We try to save them and … pfff

Yesterday still on Telegram, I talked about the holy spirit to a Muslim. His posts were deleted, not mine.

Actually I’m more on internet, I’m sad and tired about the death of my dad.

3 Likes

As I see my godfather often these days (he lost his wife in May), he is catholic and came to the funerals of my dad, I talked to him about the evangelical sermon we had and spoke about history with Constantine and paganism of the Roman empire, false doctrines of catholism, that this is not the true gospel of Jesus based on apocrypha books and traditions. We have to avoid sin and be as much as we can, like Jesus, like the apostles, believe in him and only pray our Father in heaven in Jesus’s name and follow the commandments. He understood. I hope he will share some infos with his family. But he’s not ready to destroy or hide the statues of his wife. Pfff

2 Likes

Worked last night and have an issue at work I’m dealing with. Pretty much prayed all night! I was given 2 prayers which i prayed throughout my night at work and also shared with a friend this morning after i got off work. She shared Psalms 145:18 “the Lord is near to those who call upon him…” and Luke 8:50. I texted to her the picture of a lady wearing armour, helmet and holding a sword and shield. She’s wearing God’s armour and there are scriptures that talk about the entire outfit. My friend told me she needed that right now and that she loved me and i told her the same! She’s an ex coworker and most beautiful young lady that’s like a daughter to me. I really didn’t quote anything but i read my bible prayed most of my night at work.

4 Likes

But at work you are supposed to work, right :thinking:

3 Likes

Today many brothers and sisters went on a cruise around a lake here in MN. A couple of us were sitting near a man visiting from out of state. We were able to hear about his work, his family and his life. After talking quite awhile he talked about having compassion on people and being good. I humbly shared with him that I really didn’t know what compassion was and wasn’t really able to have it until 5 years ago. I was able to share a short testimony of how I heard the Gospel one day and how the Lord changed my life. He was very respectful. I didn’t say a whole lot because I knew the Lord was working on him and less was more. - he later shared that a close friend had shared with him and he didn’t want too much.
We were able to pray for him , his family, his safety and wisdom at work and that he would seek the Lord with all his heart, mind, soul and strength. We also prayed for reconciliation for his family. We held hands praying. He seemed to be holding some tears back at the end. Please pray Dean would seek the Lord. And pray his friend Susan would also be receptive to what she heard today. Thank you!

Something I am trying to work on more is really listening to people with compassion, and letting the Lord open up opportunities. Less of me, more of Him. Just relaxing in the Spirit, letting Him lead, not trying to rush it or respond or think in the flesh. Sometimes I will be more direct than other times. Am learning I really need to listen though.
Blessings to you all today

3 Likes

Ha! Yes Hotchiwawa! I did those things on down time! All patients were taken care of, charting, billing and daily sheets done, supplies checked! I work 12 hours, so it’s a long night!

3 Likes

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

12 hours! Be careful with your heart :relaxed:

3 Likes

Today, at a restaurant I met by chance 3 members of my family who didn’t come to the funeral of my dad. They have a lot of rendezvous to the hospital to prepare future operations and are older than my dad.

So I gave the testimony of my dad and the restaurant was full of people, probably some heard the story because they looked at me strangely after… but a young girl smiled :smiley:

I hope that this can open (hopen) some eyes and hearts.

4 Likes

Amen hotchiwawa!

I was at a pool party today. I have shared with a few of the folks there in the past. Noone talking about anything in the world of course. At one point the conversation was about finances with private schooling and I said we use our daughters 529 money now (10k each year tax free) for k-12 learning as I don’t think the money will be there for long. And I forget the topic but somehow I brought up all the food being burned up etc, and they had no idea what I was talking about. At some point I brought up the times we are in according to the Bible. I shared the Gospel and as much about prophecy and the rapture I could. Didn’t seem to get their attn. Like I said, I have shared this before.
I should have said, if I told you the Bible tells us prophetically what time it is and what will be happening would you want to read it/know it? It would be interesting to pose that question to them- to make them answer that. Sadly, I think they would say no.
Its fair to say they didn’t want to hear bad news. When I left I told the one friend, this is the best news ever if you know Jesus. She’s catholic and doesn’t understand. I tried… tough soil with this crowd. They are all parents we know from our daughters sport. It breaks my heart to hear them talk as though everything is normal and then have no interest in what I was sharing.
If someone had told me that stuff I would have been asking questions.

2 Likes

Today, to my godfather (in ref), he came to me with his catholic beliefs… so I explained once again some important points about the lies of religions (because according to him a small lie is not really s sin! And he lies a lot for joking or finds stories with “saint” Peter… I said to be careful with that. You can mock about Jesus but not about the holy spirit. I said to him to restore all what the religions (and catholics) added or removed from the Bible. That we can’t be saved by our works and ourselves but by Jesus, and good works are a good thing… he was again with the purgatory! I asked him: where do you want to go? Heaven or hell? I explained that there is nothing in hell, no bar, no women, nothing. In heaven, there is no lies… so, start to change a bit and make a turn of 90° or less as you already believe in Jesus. He understood that. I also explained that all churches will be judged, with the popes, priests… like every crime, and probably all members of a church… I said to him not to be like others. The holy spirit is also a teacher and can explain him the Bible (because his mother said it was difficult to read the Bible and a risk to be fool!!). I said that he has to try as he studies French, Italian… just try and skip what you don’t understand. I also said he believes people who didn’t read the Bible and doesn’t believe me who have read partially the Bible :smile:

Apparently he wanted some answers.
We will see next time if there is a progress :grinning:

2 Likes

Like I said in my introduction, for a long time I was convinced that the Lord could use my skills as a pop musician and a creative person to get people to Jesus. To avoid a long story on this part, I’ve learned my lesson: God could use a donkey to get His message out :sunglasses: So circumstances led me to a career switch to become a driving instructor in the Netherlands. Although I wasn’t quite sure on how God could use me in this area, while having my training He started to speak already. Before 1994 the Dutch traffic law was all about “What are my rights as a driver while it’s all written in stone”. In short, it all came down to: “prove me right or wrong”. People were driving more agressieve with “the law” in mind. The new traffic law is all about: “Ok, maybe you are right, but what could you have done to avoid…?”. I actually saw a similarity when it comes to Jesus fulfilling “The Law”. It was such an eye opener on how God is still working in my own personal life to teach me a thing or two. I was a “this is my right” kinda guy. It changed my life perspective when it comes to mercy. Having that said, after my training I’ve had a lot of different people behind the wheel in my car. I really got 'em all… from the uncertain teen, the flirty divoresed 30er women, the 90 yo who need his med. test to the in progress transgender. I often was like; “Oh God how am I going to handle this with all I know and think of it?” Back to the word: “You don’t have to, I myself will handle it”. So true… mostly it’s just a few words but sometimes it’s quite clear when He wants me to speak. This young woman, quite close to her practical exam, was so nervous when I was urged to tell her I would be praying for her. She looked stunned at me for a moment and then told me she actually ran away from her family. They forced her to go to church and she never felt free till she got out. I told her that God is very interested in her no matter what has happened to her. Before I knew it I told her that she would pass the exam, not as proof God really exists but as a welcome gift to come back to Him. Just know that I’m quite sceptical when it comes to “God says so and so…”, so I was as stunned as she was. Two weeks later she pass the exam without any problem. I have no happy end Disney story because I still don’t know how she’s doing. But hey… knowing that God showed me “Not you but I will” is a matter of faith :sunglasses:

Blessings from The Netherlands

6 Likes

Yes, dear sis, so well said. In my eagerness to share, I sometimes forget that it is the Holy Spirit that draws them to the Savior. It is not you or me, just Jesus. So happy that you planted a seed. Now pray for him and maybe someday you will see the results. Who knows, maybe he is the last one to be saved before we fly, right??

5 Likes

Church family, I will just be honest. Today I did not do well. I had a conversation with a man, an attorney, who, with his wife, has had this young lady here in USA on a tourist visa and have been paying her to work. Long story short, they fired the young lady (who I have been discipling since May) and I wanted to understand more about why as I am helping her for next steps here. The language barrier makes it hard to get all the info. Anyway, I was speaking to the man on phone , and unfortunately, I didn’t have the love of Jesus. I didn’t share with him. Instead, he lied to me about some things and I called him out on it. Didn’t end well. Anyway, I know he needed to be called out and to not do this again but I missed an opportunity. Still not sure how I feel about it. I usually have the Gospel in mind but I feel I lost my ability to do that with him. Please pray for him and his family for a way to Jesus soon.

6 Likes

Oh, to clarify, what he was doing with her here working is illegal. What they were doing with her work hours was actually what the government would define as human trafficking. Anyway, just full disclosure here, I wasn’t thinking of their salvation. I was thinking about how to tell him what they were doing was wrong on top of understanding their issue with her. Flesh

4 Likes

Last week, I met him for the second time.
I spoke a bit about the rapture and funny stories, about his big boy of 26 years… that the apocalypse is coming soon, to watch Israel.

2 Likes

Sad story :pensive:

Were you able to contact her?
Probably she needs help after this injustice.

Sometimes we don’t find immediately the good/right things to say or to do. We do our best. We have to have more experience and be drilled.

I’m not perfect too! Sometimes I’m afraid to speak to some persons or “selective”. After, I can regret not to have spoken to a kid… maybe I will never met him again. In this situation, I pray for them, that God sends someone on their road to speak about him. Unfortunately, it’s a missed opportunity :disappointed:

1 Like

That is wonderful. God is clearly putting him in your path for a reason. Just keep asking the Holy Spirit to speak thru you. This man and maybe even his family will get saved. How great that would be!

4 Likes

Yes, indeed :slight_smile:
I think it was Saturday, I didn’t see him today.
Maybe on Monday.

3 Likes