How did you speak of Jesus today?

Today, going to the toilet, I saw a muslim (maybe an imam) and 4, 5 guys near him around the table at a coffie machine.

I smiled and asked God that maybe I will talk to them!

Finally I came back to the coffie machine and they still were there! I took a coffie and asked God again. My first approach would be to talk like “a strong street preacher at lgbt parade” but I asked the classic questions I asked to all Muslims: do you believe in God? They always say yes, and do you believe in Jesus? And they all the time, say yes, he’s a prophet. At this moment, I always say (what a combo): “smiling, but Jesus is more than a prophet, he’s the word of God, the son of God…”. We shared our believes, the religious guy (in dress), asked some questions and I replied that all the Bible speaks of Jesus. He died on the cross, was resurrected, the perfect sacrifice. I asked if he has read the book of John. He said “a little bit and no but the book of Barnaby”. He asked if I have read the Talmud, of course not because the Talmud is not in our Bible. I told them to be careful with apocrypha books (not referenced by other books). He tried to manoeuvre me with the cross in the churches but I said the important is not the cross, even we have several verses about the cross and the cross is not seen as a bad thing, but the important is what Jesus did on the cross on mount Golgotha, he died for the redemption of sins for people believing in him. He will be our advocate during the final judgment. I also told them I was catholic (linked to paganism and traditions), that we don’t believe in purgatory, reincarnation because when we die we will be judged. I also asked them if they have had personal stories where they know that God or the kingdom of God has intervene to save them from death or a terrible accident? They said no, I said yes several times.

Finally I thought the guy didn’t let me speak, but I shared the gospel.

And in some manner we prayed and will pray for each others to find the way…

I don’t know why he touched my right arm at the end! Maybe for conjuring something, but I don’t care, God is with me :grinning:

I remember, I told them that God can come between us, as we talk about God, to judge what we say. I see they were afraid or shocked.

Rem: I never criticized their Coran. It was an open discussion, even he always asked the questions.
Rem2: one tried to make me fall by giving me a halal cookie. I think the holy spirit was on alert because I refused immediately :flushed: :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Today, I crossed a black guy and finally asked him if he believes 1) in God, 2) in Jesus Christ. He said yes to both questions and asked me why? I replied I asked the questions to several people. 3) and Jesus is coming soon. He agreed.

Another story: when going out of the gas shop, I saw several Indians near a car. “I know they often need Jesus”. I quickly asked God to help me if I have to speak with them. They stopped me and asked to help them to put pressure (air) in the tires :relaxed: I explained how to do it and finally, I was smiling and asked to the woman (they were 3, with their old dad I think) if they have an assurance, a strong assurance because in Belgium there are a lot of holes without signals, we see them too late. She said they have an assurance. “But a strong assurance? (I insisted)” If you die, we don’t know what tomorrow will be… she said no. The strong assurance is to believe in Jesus, the son of God. Do you know the story of Jesus? Jesus came for everybody on earth: for the Indians, the Japanese… everybody. He died for us and 3 days later, rose again. He’s alive. If you believe this in your heart and say it with your tongue in fact you will be saved… The man said thank you…

Another sad story: an uncle is very bad, diagnosed with a cancer. I told the family (catholics) to tell him and to his son to be in order with Jesus. Unfortunately, they never speak about Jesus!!! I’m always there to insist!

3 Likes

Everyday or 2, 3 days, I still continue to speak of Jesus. It’s often the same personal technics than above.

When there is an opportunity => GO!

3 Likes

Amen.

Tonight we shared at the Mall of America as it is rainy outside.
We often have great opportunities here or wherever God has us go.
Just a couple of highlights- 1) we spoke with an Iraqi man who has heard the Gospel before from a Christian English teacher in his country. It was his last night in MN tonight. Thankfully he does not believe the Muslim faith. He had many questions about Jesus. He had a vision of Jesus in the past. Much was said but praise the Lord, we were able to share the Gospel message and how to be saved. When we asked him what was keeping him from Jesus, he didn’t know. So we prayed for him and suggested reading John as he was willing to read the Bible… Anyway, this was wonderful to be able to point him to Christ .
2) a young man received the Lord tonight- Josea. He was with his father. We asked them the following survey questions: a) what do you believe in/ do you have a faith; b) who is Jesus Christ to you; c) do you believe in heaven and hell; d) how can we receive eternal life (b and d are sometimes the only things we will ask or possibly d with Muslims for example).
Josea, like most, believed good works were how he could be saved. Glory be to the Lord, we were able to show him how we are separated from God due to sin and His holiness and that God, in His infinite mercy and love sent a Savior… the rest is history folks. Welcome Josea into the family❤️. He received Him with a great smile and joy. Please pray he reads the Bible and he and his father continue to grow together (his father professing born again).
Basically, whenever God opens a door we share the full Gospel and why Jesus had to come. Addressing sin nature and our holy God. Basically the ABCs of salvation. It is such a blessing to be able to share with people why Jesus had to come- truly so many have forgotten or do not know as it is not talked about.
Galatians 2:21:
" I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!”

Keep up the laboring dear sisters and brothers in Christ! There are so many evangelistic outreaches here near Mpls Mn … I pray you all have places near you also to serve in whatever capacity/gifting the Lord has given you. Time is running out!

4 Likes

This technic with Muslims work, with almost everybody in fact.

"I asked the classic questions I asked to all Muslims: do you believe in God? They always say yes, and do you believe in Jesus? And they all the time, say yes, he’s a prophet. At this moment, I always say (what a combo): “smiling, but Jesus is more than a prophet, he’s the word of God, the son of God…”

Great with Josea :+1:
You can also jump on the names when you have someone called Josea (Joshua => Jesus, Joseph, Myriam…). One day I spoke with an arab called Musa (Moses).

Maybe you can give the website JDFarag.org to the people you meet and speak of the forum.

The book of John is not easy to read. Every verse is a perl. Personally I suggest the book of Matthew (it was the book for the Jews. Arabs are not so different) and to read the 1st chapter of John explaining the word is Jesus.

2 Likes

Everyday or 2, 3 days, I still continue to speak of Jesus.

Today, I saw a group of 6 or 7 Muslims praying on a parking (2 cars). They were 2 men and the others were women and children. What can I do?! I was sad seeing this :pensive: Preaching at a group it’s always a risk, they can become violent and I also know my wrong character, not always peaceful with the tongue… I took a bit of time and asked several times to God to help me if he wants that I go and preach to them (always thinking they will never listen to me…). So I went and said good morning, they replied good morning. They were interested :smiley: I said something (not prepared): “I respect what you are doing” (yep, was a good point) and asked them if they have read the gospel of John. They said no (I was essentially speaking with the men, the women were praying, the children playing). Because this book reveals the divinity of Jesus. The book of Revelation of John is also important, with Daniel and the coming of the beast. I spoke probably 10 mins with them. Do you know what the tribulations are? They said no. It’s a period of 7 years, the last week of Jacob (Israel). One day is one year… it’s in fact the wrath of God. They said they believe that Jesus will come, but at the end. Yes but in the meantime you will miss the rapture, the antichrist will come to deceive many and a lot of people will die. Explaining briefly the 7 seals (opened by Jesus), at the first seal the antichrist will come, 7 trumpets, 7 cups. It will be terrible, with deaths (1/4 of humanity + 1/3), pestilences everywhere. I explained I was catholic and don’t ask them to go to the church but to have a relationship with God, to ask him if Jesus is his son :grinning: Explaining also that Christians walk on eggs with a lot of false doctrines in “Christian” churches like Charismatic, catholic, illsong churches… there are more and more false doctrines nowadays, it’s a sign that the tribulations are coming, and I don’t want them to be there. I explained John 1.1 and Genesis 1.1 Jesus is the son of God who died for us, for the remission of sins of those who believe in him and he was resurrected by the father in heaven. I explained the trinity, even the term is catholic, when Jesus was baptized. They spoke that Jesus sent Muhammad but I explained that it was unfortunately not him who was sent but the holy spirit when they spoke in tongues. But they will get the holy spirit when believing in Jesus. All has been created by Jesus, for Jesus and he’s above all. I strongly suggest them to believe in Jesus and to read the book of John today because the rapture can happen at any time. That Jesus is the son of God, the Word of God as explained in the book of Revelation and God, but they are maybe not ready for this. If at this point they believe that Jesus is the son of God, it’s enough for the beginning, the knowledge will come later. I also checked in my car if I had some gospels of John but I haven’t. I explained that the birth of Jesus was in the book of Isaiah, John The Baptist was there to prepare his path and that Jesus is the way, the truth and the life… A really good conversation, they were ready to listen and to seek the truth :+1:

Let’s pray for them :pray:

Rem: some hours before I thought when Jesus met Nathaniel the pharisee (we don’t have to speak the same way with religious people). We have to go deeper in the Scripture with them. All The Glory To God :heart:

6 Likes

This night, a car of only Muslim women (probably 15) came in the shop, they went to Paris.

I helped them to bring a coffee in the hurry and for 3 women (but others were around), I suggested to read the gospel of John, explaining the 1st verse, that Jesus is the word of God and that the word of God is God and all was created by him. Let’s hope I seeded something not in vain.

8 Likes

Last week, I met a muslim and we shared our emails. I tried by email to show him that Jesus is the son of God, God, word of God. The verses found were evident proofs that their book is false but they follow fool Imams (like Deedat). It’s really not easy to change some of them because they are not opened enough and have no discernment :frowning:

Ex: he said that Jesus never said he is God. But we know Jesus said he’s the alpha and the omega, that he was there before Abraham, Abraham showed his Glory, Peter said he’s the Christ… Jesus said he’s the son of God, so by deduction he’s God. But no, “he never said… and if he said he’s the son of God, in fact we are all sons of God!”. It’s ill will. Also rejecting the vision of John because everybody can have false visions and dreams. Pfff!

Maybe I have to destroy Muhammad! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

Now, they should know

1 Like

This is a wonderful thread, and I’ve learned so much on how to witness to people. Today is the first time that I’ve read the entire thread. You @hotchiwawa, @Blessed , and others writing about your experience in witnessing have inspired me to do better and speak more of Jesus. Just wanted you to know that, and ask you to please continue posting your experiences.

God bless you all.

6 Likes

I shared this on Twitter and wish I had the actual card:

4 Likes

I need a magnifying glass to read that lol.
CreativeTalkativeIndianskimmer-size_restricted

2 Likes

I know! LOL. Are you on a phone? I can stretch it on my iPad screen to get a better look.

3 Likes

I spoke at several atheists and ex-jw (now atheists) on twitter.

I changed nothing, they are stubborn.

Something really sad happened to the ex-jw and now it seems they have demons :pensive: (they blaspheme God, mock the Christians, post satanic pictures…).

So sad to see this.

4 Likes

I have had several great conversations by engaging the spam callers/telemarketers. Most of them are in Pakistan. When they ask about my medicare I ask if they know for sure that they are going to heaven. Usually I get hang ups but several have been extended conversations and some contacts on WhatsApp.

6 Likes

Some days ago, there was a group of 5 people at a table near me and one guy spoke all the time to others. They spoke Italian and were speaking about Jesus. My Italian is not excellent and I was too far from them. I think I became nervous thinking the guy didn’t speak well about Jesus. I was hot in my body, I removed some clothes on me! Finally when he said “let’s go”, I “jumped” of my chair and ask them if someone speaks French. They said yes. I asked if they spoke well about Jesus, they said yes, that they were speaking about a cross necklace. So I said not to take it as a talisman. They were catholics. I said I was catholic but now I’m Christian. I spoke that Catholicism is based on paganism and came with emperor Constantine. I warned them about apocrypha books in their Bible like Maccabees, because false doctrines are from those books. I gave the tip that if a book of old testament is not in the Hebrew Bible they don’t have to read it and follow the doctrines in it. I also warned them not to pray to Mary or the saints, they are dead but to pray Our Father in heaven like Jesus and the apostles did.

Hope this helps.

4 Likes

Thank you for your truth and boldness. May it sprout seeds

4 Likes

Twitter is a zone where to spread seeds.
Specially if you “follow” Pope Francis where there is a lot of Catholics.

Subscribe to people you don’t really like (big influencers), where there is a lot to call.

4 Likes

How did I speak of JESUS today - when I became a believer a pastor told me that every thing we know about GOD or Jesus comes from HIS word - if not there it is just from the imagination or made up junk - I thought that was the best info I have ever heard and from then on I go to the Bible for my info - our BLESSED HOPE is coming - MARANATHA

5 Likes

Love that Rrush!! It helps encourage me! A lot of times, like tonight at the mall of America we
need to point people who profess Jesus to be in the Word. It’s helpful for me to see strong statements like this /yours above and encourage me to continue to exhort others to the Word as truth only .

Re: speaking of Jesus today r/t topic….

Please pray for Ahmed, a practicing Muslim who we were able to pray over that God would reveal truth to him. By the grace of God we were able to share with him and give the Gospel. Oh Lord give him dreams!!!

And another highlight is our church has two teams overseas now sharing. It is wonderful to be part of the prayer group and see how God is opening doors and watching over His servants. Just amazing. Thank you Lord!
Oh how I wish we all could join together physically right now and go out :raised_hands::purple_heart::latin_cross::heart_decoration:
But we are spiritually together for His glory!

4 Likes