July 7, 2024: Bible Prophecy Update – Hold On Until Jesus Comes

Hey there Kathryn,

Thanks for the summary. I’m thinking this RNS definitely doesn’t know the Bible… or Jesus. True love cannot exist without justice and sometimes justice demands violence.

#5 is kinda comical. Ya think the vendors in the Temple the days Jesus swept it out with a whip thought He was non-violent?

#7 Jesus did tell Peter to put away his sword and then restored a guy’s ear just before He was arrested, but before that, Jesus actually told His disciples to buy a sword.

Luke 22: “35 And He said to them, ‘When I sent you out without money belt and bag and sandals, you did not lack anything, did you?’ They said, ’No, nothing.’ 36 And He said to them, ‘But now, whoever has a money belt is to take it along, likewise also a bag, and whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one.’”

There’s a lot of speculation about the meaning of this passage (and there’s more to the passage). I admit that I don’t understand it completely, but Jesus did tell them to sell a cloak (that had to be returned every evening if the owner used it for collateral)sell your cloak and buy a sword.

Then there’s the whole end-of-the-world violence known as the wrath of God. God might reserve violence as His last choice, but He is well able to use it to accomplish His will if need be.

Personally, I think that’s how every person should act— resist violence, do whatever you can to live peaceably. But if you’re forced to act, be prepared to do so. …and now I’m flagged as one of those threatening Christians…
God IS in control. And I am His. No worries.

:heart: gr

4 Likes