June 13, 2021: Bible Prophecy Update

I guess it comes down to- what did God do? Was it Him that saved us ( opened the blind eyes and the deaf ears ) or was it part Him and part us that saved us?..I’m not gonna rely on my opinion, but try to show what happens at out rebirth, and who did it, with scripture.

Ezekiel 36:26, 26 I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.

John 6:63, 63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. …from what I’ve found out, the word quicken means “give life to”

1 Corinthians 2:14, But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

…so here it’s saying that the unsaved man doesn’t understand the things of God…and also can’t…because they are spiritual things…in that case, it would have to be all of God’s Holy Spirit to open our eyes and ears spiritually ( rebirth ) so that we can believe. How could we choose that if we were spiritually dead, as the Bible clearly says? …sounds like it is only the work of the Spirit in us…then, we freely choose Him because we “SEE” Ourselves falling short and needing forgiveness…because when our eyes and ears are opened spiritually, the Word is powerful and IS GOD!..how could we resist that after our eyes are opened?..therefore, if the Lord is the one who has done the saving, it is done…He will complete in us the good work He started. He said that.

1 Like

@Gigi , It’s not just that the statement is a gross assumption of everyone’s character here, but the fact that the offense is not about personal responsibility, but rather the incorrect treatment of the topic that is offensive.

1 Like

Okay, I’ll admit, those are troubling scriptures, to which I need to do much studying over…but, just in my own subjective experience, I can’t imagine even being able to “unbelieve”. I would literally want to die without the truth He has revealed to me. What would there be here? He has already convinced my soul of the meaninglessness of the “things of this world”…and that they are passing away. I “see” through the shallow deceptions of the glittering things this world offers…I “see” satan’s fingerprints on everything not eternal here on this globe. I could never go back…it would be spiritual suicide for me…God/ the Word, have been my only thoughts since my eyes we opened. How about you?..surely you can relate to that! This world system is rubbish compared to the riches He has in store for us here and later​:heart::heart::heart:

A very poetic writer you Я u :slight_smile:

I love Jim Carey :D…I have always had a burden to pray for his salvation for some reason.

2 Likes

And for the oft brought up Hebrews 6 quotes…

2 Likes

Last week I ended up happening to watch a youTube video from a singing competition. The guy was very good. It turned out when I heard his backstory that he is gay and for some reason I have been feeling a burden to pray for him and have done so often. I’d been wondering if that was maybe weird.

1 Like

You don’t make doctrine from one verse- but when there are multiple vs in lots of different books of the Bible all saying that if you believe and confess with your mouth that JESUS CHRIST IS LORD - now that’s what you can take to the bank….

2 Likes

Bless you jack

1 Like

Amen and amen

1 Like

Very poetic rendering of what that verse means. Like the emphasis being on the ugliness of putting Christ to open shame (a focus on their reverting back to animal sacrifices) while highlighting the reason of it: His was the final one (a reminder and encourager to move ON). Wow. This turns what looks harsh into the biggest toughest and robust inspiration to LET IT SINK IN and stop doing that. AMAZING. Now that one I never heard before. Nice. Where did you come to that understanding Violet?

1 Like

All this conversation brings to mind the apostasy in the last days. The falling away. I always thought this was believers…

Gotquestions:
“At that time [the latter days] many will fall away and will betray one another and hate one another” ([Matthew 24:10]. Paul told the Thessalonians that a great falling away would precede Christ’s second coming ([2 Thessalonians 2:3])."

Got questions says Apostasy , is from the Greek word apostasia , means “a defiance of an established system or authority; a rebellion; an abandonment or breach of faith.”

So this doesn’t really seem to be true born again believers necessarily but just the overall defiance of God… right? In context of Thessalonians and Matthew he is talking to believers. And I know JD talks about in the original Greek I think it means the rebellion. Question is, does this refer to believers?

Heading to bed but just wondered about this a bit from all the discussion here.

Blessings to everyone!

1 Like

I see the actual fulfillment of this to be closer to the midpoint so that falling away from whatever cultural institutions that were Christian–esque would (as a global whole) implode and that is where I would see a Luciferian Light receptivity take place. So yeah…the unbelievers and if there is a church of a kind then…them too.

What we see now in the church is kind of a pocket mirror (powder mirror to take to the restroom) of what will become like a shift or rift along the reality beltway. I think what we are seeing today is certainly an unwinding from general principals of goodness God has had in place for thousands of years. But now we see the tide beginning to shift in that apostasy like direction (or overall unhitching from the centrality of holistic truth and the principals of reality under God’s good governance…ever so slightly shifting into the mirish weeds of moral relativity). We are seeing the ground work for the great apostasy, I believe. Blessings and hope you had a great sleep when you come to read. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Saved-by-Grace,
First let me say that I think it is great when people bring up scripture to back up what they either believe or don’t understand. It causes me and others to attempt to explain what we believe the verses are saying and hopefully give incite to the one posting the verses.

Here are some other verses from Hebrews.

Heb 10:8 The Law teaches that offerings and sacrifices must be made because of sin. But why did Christ mention these things and say that God did not want them?
Heb 10:9 Well, it was to do away with offerings and sacrifices and to replace them. That is what he meant by saying to God, “I have come to do what you want.”
Heb 10:10 So we are made holy because Christ obeyed God and offered himself once for all.
Heb 10:11 The priests do their work each day, and they keep on offering sacrifices that can never take away sins.
Heb 10:12 But Christ offered himself as a sacrifice that is good forever. Now he is sitting at God’s right side,
Heb 10:13 and he will stay there until his enemies are put under his power.
Heb 10:14 By his one sacrifice he has forever set free from sin the people he brings to God.

The first thing to understand is that Hebrews is written to the Jews. The Jews understood that they needed to make a sacrifice to cover their sins. As I’m sure you are aware, they would kill an innocent lamb as a sacrifice to cover their sins. However as you also know, Jesus was the ultimate once and for all sacrifice for sin. So the passages you listed are just telling the Jews that once they learned of Jesus sacrifice (the truth) and rejected it, the former sacrifice of lambs would no longer be honored. Meaning if they rejected Jesus after learning about him, there would be no other way for them to be saved.

Here are some bible rules that I came up with. Rule #3 applies to Hebrews

1. Never allow what is implied to override what has been clearly stated.
  2. Do not read a Bible passage looking for what you expect to find. Let the Bible passage reveal itself to you with no pre thought of what the passage is trying to convey.
  3. All scripture must be understood in context. Meaning what is the point that the book and chapter is trying to make and who is it speaking to.
  4. Some Bible statements are to be taken literally, but others are to be taken figuratively. As example, in the verse below Christ is not saying we should actually pluck out our eye.
    Mat 5:29 And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.
  5. ALL Bible truths in both the Old and New Testament must agree.
  6. If you do not understand something in the Bible don’t force an interpretation. Wait for either the Holy Spirit to reveal it to you, or to read or hear an interpretation that blends with other Bible truths.
  7. If something you believe conflicts with other Bible truths, don’t be afraid to change your mind about that belief.
  8. Always be humble and open to receive truth from anyone, but be sure to compare what is stated to other foundational Bible truths.
  9. While you should always believe what the bible states, don’t accept someone’s interpretation of what the bible sates unless you understand and believe it.
9 Likes

Original Sin (Inherited) vs Personal Sin

Romans 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin ; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
Romans 5:13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.
Romans 5:14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam’s transgression , who is the figure of him that was to come.

Romans 5:15 But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.
Romans 5:16 And not as it was by one that sinned , so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification.
Romans 5:17 For if by one man’s offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)
Romans 5:18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

Romans 5:19 For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.
Romans 5:20 Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:
Romans 5:21 That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

Did you notice something in all the verses where I made the text bold? They all speak of one man’s sin who was Adam. This is the original sin that all mankind inherited from Adam. We have that sin when we are born, even though we did not yet sin ourselves. That sin we are born with is enough to keep us separated from God and destined for Hell. This is the sin that is referred to in Romans 5:12 and other verses I have made bold.

Original sin is passed down through the male, not the female. Ever wonder why the generations only mention the males? Ever wonder why Mary had to be a virgin? If Mary was not a virgin, then Jesus would have had original sin, even though he himself did not sin. So he would not have been able to be a perfect sacrifice for us.

There is however another kind of sin which is personal sin. Personal sin is what we ourselves do when we know better. If we commit a sin that we are unaware of, we are not guilty of that sin. That is what Paul is referring to in Romans 5:13, when he states that without the law sin is not imputed to us. Even if we are not guilty of any personal sin, we would still be guilty of original sin though.

Not convinced of what I am saying? Notice that Paul states in Romans 5:12 that “all have sinned”. Then he states in Romans 5:14 about “them that had not sinned”. So is Paul contradicting himself? Not at all. In Romans 5:12 because of Adam we all are sinners. He states in Romans 5:14 that even if we don’t sin (personal sin), we are guilty of Adam’s sin.

Goodboy

I had always been taught that we received a “sin nature” from Adam. While that statement is correct, one could assume as I did that we received a tendency to sin, but were only guilty of our personal sin. I think it better to say that we received “sin” from Adam, not just a nature to sin. Because we received Adam’s sin, every single human is guilty before God for this sin they inherited. The only way to be freed from the sin is by believing in and accepting Jesus as your Savior.

6 Likes

One of the best posts I’ve ever read. We need to pin this one somewhere for a reminder!

2 Likes

I am about to post something, but I have no scripture that will directly support what I will state. I say this to say I am not dogmatic regarding what I am going to post, but to me it makes sense after reading Hebrews.

There is original sin from Adam and then there is personal sin. When Jesus Christ died on the cross original sin was covered for everyone, meaning no one would be sent to Hell due to original sin. However, only those trusting in Jesus for their Savior would have their personal sins covered. Since every single adult person sins, that means only adults who accept Jesus as their Savior go to Heaven. Since children at a young age do not really understand sin, that is why all children will go to Heaven.

So in Hebrews the sin that will damn any Jew to Hell that does not accept Jesus as their Savior is their personal sin, not Adam’s sin. An example of someone who was exposed to the truth, but did not actually accept it was Judas in the bible. That is the type of people Hebrews is speaking of in Hebrews 10:26.

I will again say, that I have no direct scripture to support all that I have stated and could be incorrect. However, my understanding explains a lot of what is stated in the bible that may seem to be a contradiction.

God Bless!
Goodboy

3 Likes

Romans 7: 14 +…We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin. I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.

So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!

So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God’s law, but in my sinful nature a slave to the law of sin.

2 Likes

Wow I just had to post on your set of guidelines this is truly awesome , is it ok to share these with my friends it will really help to apply when reading Bible , again thank you :pray::pray:

2 Likes

OK, I had to…:hibiscus::joy::hibiscus:

7 Likes