June 6, 2021: Bible Prophecy Update

So, is that the angel then that prophesies in Rev chapter 10? It is given to John. And that similar thing that happened to Ezekiel happened to John. When it happened to Ezekiel, God had him eat for a purpose declared why:

4 Then He said to me, “Son of man, [b]go to the house of Israel and speak with My words to them. 5 For you are not being sent to a people of [c]unintelligible speech or difficult language, but to the house of Israel, 6 nor to many peoples of [d]unintelligible speech or difficult language, whose words you cannot understand. [e]But I have sent you to [f]the people who understand you; 7 yet the house of Israel will not be willing to listen to you, since they are not willing to listen to Me. The entire house of Israel certainly is [g]stubborn and obstinate. 8 Behold, I have made your face just as hard as their faces, and your forehead just as hard as their foreheads. 9 Like emery harder than flint I have made your forehead. Do not be afraid of them or be dismayed before them, since they are a rebellious house.” 10 Moreover, He said to me, “Son of man, take into your heart all My words which I will speak to you and listen [h]closely. 11 [i]Go to the exiles, to the sons of your people, and speak to them and tell them, whether they listen or [j]not, ‘This is what the Lord [k]God says.’”

. . . . .

Now the book of Ezekiel in chapter 37 records the Jews coming back to their land. What Daniel shut up till the end for the time it is meant for and what Ezekiel preached even though they would not listen (in his book even predicting the return of Israel who was yet then in Babylonian captivity), is now both captured in Revelation 10. If Revelation 10 uses John as a proxy, what is he a proxy of? The angel in midheaven?

What do we see in chapter 10?

1. Borrowed imagery from Daniel 12 – see those two figures standing in Daniel 12 and compare
  2. Borrowed concept from Daniel 12 – “Seal up” not permitting John to speak / Daniel “shut up.”
  3. John is not an angel and given a scroll like Ezekiel / Ez prophesied when he got his scroll to eat
  4. It is told to John after receiving the scroll to eat that “he must prophecy.”

Now we can say all this means is that John is now given the rest of the book of Revelation to tell about? And perhaps that qualifies as “things to come,” enough. But is there anything that occurs after chapter 3 that are not events also? Is there anything else we can look at in Revelation 4-22 that is not a future event? Is chapter 10 the only chapter that is not a future event? Where might this fit according to Rev chapter 1:

Therefore write the things which you have seen, [o]and the things which are, and the things which will take place after these things.

Perhaps we could say, as some in commentaries do, that Rev 12 first part is going back to Christ’s ascension. Yet we do not have confirmation of this. A sign is for the future not the past. So what else is mentioned in Revelation 4-22 that is not an event future?

. . . .

If Rev 10 means more than just John telling us the rest of the book, then who preaches? It is not the angel, but man. We are told this timeframe in Daniel 12 during the tribulation which is the timeframe Daniel will be revealed–and at least what the little book/scroll contains (the second half). So we have 4 things similar to Daniel 12 in Rev 10:

1. Likely the second half “no longer a delay” – timeframe for Daniel’s disclosure
  2. Angel imagery
  3. Seal up the scroll
  4. Preach (Rev 10:11) And Daniel 12:3 “[b]those who have insight will shine like the glow of the [c]expanse of heaven, and those who [d]lead the many to righteousness, like the stars forever and ever.”

Add Ezekiel to that dimension of Rev chapter 10 and you have 2 witnesses within the text chapter itself attesting to preaching.

. . . .

You will not find this in any commentary. I may be correct about Trump. Or I may not be correct about Trump. But about this, it is far more likely because if Israel were to come back on the seen as a national rep for God, it would be a big deal for God right? So chapter 7, 10, and 14 seem to be implying a big deal. If we go with Rev 10 as some future event, if not the 144k, then who? Someone is prophesying…and mentioned just before God gives closure to the two witnesses. Hope that is somewhat helpful brother. Blessings.

1 Like