June 6, 2021: Bible Prophecy Update

Is Revelation 11: 12 testimony to 1Thess 4: 17 & 1 Corinth 15: 51 ? Are these the same event ?

so, are there now 2 raptures in the future ? Pre trib & mid trib (that only involves 2 people?)

People on earth will have seen a pretrib rapture, so they get to witness 2 raptures.

I can see this firsthand in my own life starting with my grandfather. He passed down his abusive ways to my mother and she did the same to me and Jesus over the past year has been healing me from this vicious cycle.

5 Likes

No not the same.

Generation2434. I posted his video on the Giants in previous post before.

1 Like

Bear in mind this as far as I know is a secular point of view.

1 Like

Spencer Smith brought the point out well about God’s order and women not being pastors/leaders in his Third Adam 3 video, I think.

But I have wondered about women who make youTube videos sharing the Word… would that be in the same category?

BTW, on similar note, it’s very hot where I live, and I have long hair. Now I haven’t thought of cutting it in years, but twiice this summer the idea has popped into my head out of the blue with a vivid picture of how much cooler and easier to manage it would be. I find that strange when I never thought of it before… but both times, this Bible verse about a woman’s hair came to me… so I am not going to cut it. Not saying others shouldn’t… just saying that was what I decided.

1 Corinthians 11: 13-15 Judge in yourselves: is it comely that a woman pray unto God uncovered? Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him? But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering.

2 Likes

This is what people want to watch today. :flushed::roll_eyes::see_no_evil:
(On Instagram just now, someone commented this was going to be a date night movie) I sure wouldn’t be thinking they’d be gaining any biblical knowledge from this! Come, Lord Jesus :raised_hands:t3:

2 Likes

Just one thing I wanted to share, I did find something from the book I mentioned earlier covering about the Epistles that was interesting (how to read the bible for all its worth):

Despite this variety of kinds, however, there is one thing that all
of the Epistles have in common, and this is the crucial thing to note
in reading and interpreting them: they are all what are technically
called occasional documents (i.e., arising out of and intended for a
specific occasion), and they are from the first century. Although
inspired by the Holy Spirit and thus belonging to all time, they were
first written out of the context of the author to the context of the
original recipients. It is precisely these factors—that they are occasional and that they belong to the first century—that make their
interpretation difficult at times.
Above all else, their occasional nature must be taken seriously.
This means that they were occasioned, or called forth, by some special circumstance, either from the reader’s side or the author’s.
Almost all of the New Testament letters were occasioned from the
reader’s side (Philemon and perhaps James and Romans are exceptions). Usually the occasion was some kind of behavior that needed
correcting, or a doctrinal error that needed setting right, or a misunderstanding that needed further light.
Most of our problems in interpreting the Epistles are due to this
fact of their being occasional. We have the answers, but we do not
always know what the questions or problems were, or even if there
was a problem.

One further point here. The occasional nature of the Epistles also
means that they are not first of all theological treatises; they are not
compendia of Paul’s or Peter’s theology. There is theology implied,
but it is always “task theology,” theology being written for or
brought to bear on the task at hand. This is true even of Romans,
which is a fuller and more systematic statement of Paul’s theology
than one finds elsewhere. But it is only some of his theology, in this
case it is theology born out of his own special task as apostle to the
Gentiles.

Sadly people are obsessed with the paranormal :frowning: so that isn’t all too surprising really :frowning:

1 Like

Been praying for my nephew that he would get saved and quit watching this garbage. He’s border line obsessed with horror movies and a big fan of this conjuring series of films.

3 Likes

@Violet, regarding the women teaching, I was following a few women’s ministry teachers when I was on FB, and they always stated that they were there to teach to women, only, though they wouldn’t micromanage their FB followers who might be male. It’s a tricky issue. I attend a church that is OK with women clergy, though I am thankful that we have always (except for substitutes or temporary assistants) been able to retain male ministers. For me, it is a personal preference (male) regardless of what Paul taught. I prefer male leadership, just as a husband is the head of the family.

Interesting what you have recently considered about hair. I have been growing mine out, too. I wasn’t initially doing so for biblical reasons, but I have thought about that.:cherry_blossom:

2 Likes

Minefield :speak_no_evil:

First off there’s a tiny little word inserted in that verse and it’s the word “FOR” her husband.
Her desire is FOR her husband.

That has never meant in my study that she is to rule over him. There is a spiritual umbrella designed by God.
God
Husband
Wife

So yes, I’m of the belief that women are not to teach men. They are not to be Deacons or Elders for this reason. I have no desire to rule over my husband. (As long as he does what I want :speak_no_evil::crazy_face::joy::joy::joy:humor people, just humor)

Plus…Men do not respond to women teaching them, it’s that whole “me Tarzan, you Jane” thing.
It’s ingrained in men to provide, protect and be the head of the house.

3 Likes

I want to say first of all, you are my sister in christ and I think to have discussions about topics is good, one reason why Paul might have said it as well is there might have been an issue in Timothy’s church that Paul was addressing, it might have something to do with women at the time teaching false teachings or what nought, I completely agree Holy Spirit inspired it and I am sure there is things to learn but Paul might have been using Task-based Theology and an occasional document meant to the church at that time in this case, because are there other verses in the bible that speak about this as well? again you are my sister in christ :smiley:

1 Like

Huh? (That sound you hear is me scratching my head :crazy_face:)

Task-based theology? Never heard of it, please explain.

1 Like

hehehe its ok the best info I get is “task theology,” theology being written for or
brought to bear on the task at hand basically there is a problem, paul uses some theology to help with the task at hand, or to correct somewhere where the church was in error, etc… :smiley:

By it, do you mean the verse you referenced in 1 Timothy?

If so, then in what he goes on to say:

I Timothy 2:13-14 For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

He seems to give two reasons… first, Adam was created first (so sort of liken that to how a firstborn inherits) and secondly, the deception of Eve.

Maybe I’m wrong and its not that simple?

2 Likes

The best I get from it is that there is an issue at hand, Paul is writing a document to the church or pastor to resolve the specific issue, that document would primarily meant for the recipient not to say that the holy spirit included it to give us an idea of issues we may also face that are similar circumstances but they were meant for the first century church.

This is the best info I got:

Most New Testament epistles are “occasional” — meaning they were written for a specific occasion. The author is addressing a particular circumstance either on the readers’ side or the authors’ side.

The occasion may be some behavior which needs correcting, a doctrinal error which needs addressing, a misunderstanding that needs illuminating or cultural problem that needs clarity. For example, the occasion for John’s first epistle is the dispute over the heresies spreading in the young church; the Thessalonians believed they were currently experiencing the Day of the Lord; and a group known as the Judaizers was trying to convince the Galatians that being circumcised was necessary for salvation.

God bless,

That just simply states that there is nothing new under the sun, Paul is also writing to new Christians/churches, so there those churches are going to encounter problems, and like a Sheppard he is just providing answers to their specific issues, unfortunately it does not really give us background on specifically what those issues are when he is writing them.