June 6, 2021: Bible Prophecy Update

Again, I understand what you are saying!

But you or I pointing out to another believer what they should either do or not do from “our” perspective is useless…if the Word of God doesn’t convict saved people, then us belaboring the point truly won’t. :blush:

3 Likes

All I can say is this to say nothing about what is now the new Christian phenomena on the air waves of the last days would be wrong on so many levels that’s why we find ourselves the the mess we are in.

I actually enjoy watching the Chosen but I have been a believer for a long time and don’t trust much on TV fore good reason. I have trusted to many in my walking through the Jungle and would have liked to have been warned early on.

Here is scripture that in context to what we may or may not be seeing.

This appears to be a two edged sword to me.

I took this from a brother with a lot more understanding that I have.

But to think we should not address this is not biblical at all to me its a cop out. If it of God then then let is God defend it if not let God expose it through his word But again as our pastor JD says.

Matthew 10:16
Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.

From the Bible not me and you decide for yourselves if it fits the conversation or not.

Paul’s final words to the Ephesian elders warned them Acts 20:28-30,

Be on guard for yourselves and for all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood. I know that after my departure savage wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock; and from among your own selves men will arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away the disciples after them.

His final letters to Timothy and Titus repeatedly emphasize the need for sound doctrine. He told Titus (1:9) that an elder must hold “fast the faithful word which is in accordance with the teaching, so that he will be able both to exhort in sound doctrine and to refute those who contradict.”

Shalom

5 Likes

Closed temporarily under review whilst all of us, as the chosen of God, take some time to consider why we are ‘the chosen’.

Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.
1 Peter 4:8

Topic reopened. Now kindly keep the noise down whilst I go watch a new show called ‘The Hosen’; a
docudrama about a bunch of beloved believers who get hosed down with cooling water when they become overheated. Available on Netinflux, Skypluie and AmazonRain.

:blue_heart:

17 Likes

You’re a hoot! Thank you for keeping us in check in a gentle but firm way.

5 Likes

I believe this news is from between India and Pakistan area, I find it hard to believe what I have just read from RT News International , here is the quote… " No jab, no phone: Unvaccinated to have SIM cards blocked, Pakistan’s Punjab govt says ](https://www.rt.com/news/526262-punjab-pakistan-sim-card-vaccine/)"

Punjab’s provincial government is turning to coercive measures to increase participation in its Covid-19 vaccination program, after unveiling plans to disable the SIM cards of people who decline to get jabbed.

One thing that J D Farag is right about is that the vaccine of Covid 19 is becoming of the Mark Of The Beast". Christians freedom are getting staff out or restricted. So brothers and sister in Christ, I hope you are well prepare, because it is a matter of time all nations will be conform to this system.

11 Likes

United by Truth

https://ugetube.com/@amazing%20times%20ahead
https://www.brighteon.com/channels/cryptoxrp

https://referral.rumble.com/ug5Y2iqhWfmShKb98

Why does Peter tell Jews in Acts 2:38 to be baptized in order to have “remission of sins?” Is this a water baptism he’s speaking of? Or a Holy Spirit baptism?

3 Likes

Spiritual

6 Likes

Yes here we go again. We had this discussion in the old forum I guess.

Didnt work out well. And I remember it was the same poster here who argue. Its sad. Really.

5 Likes

In Acts 10, Peter is giving the gospel to gentiles at Cornelius’ house. Before he’s even finished giving them the gospel it says this: " While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit came on all who heard the message. 45 The circumcised believers who had come with Peter were astonished that the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out even on Gentiles. 46 For they heard them speaking in tongues.

Then Peter said, 47 “Surely no one can stand in the way of their being baptized with water. They have received the Holy Spirit just as we have.” 48 So he ordered that they be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Then they asked Peter to stay with them for a few days."

So in this passage, (based on my reading of the Scripture), the Holy Spirit came on them when they believed the message of the good news BEFORE being water baptized. Once Peter realizes this, he then orders that they be water baptized. So my consensus on this is that water baptism does not SAVE you and it does not GIVE YOU God’s Holy Spirit. It is simply an act of worship and devotion outwardly to mark yourself as Christ’s. But the Holy Spirit is God’s internal mark that you are Christ’s.

9 Likes

“Baptized with the Holy Spirit”
“Baptized with water”
“Gifts of the Holy Spirit”
“Received the Holy Spirit”
“… how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?” (Luke 11:13)
" in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise," (Eph 1:13)
(Responding here only to say that I believe context is everything, regarding this issue. (Who, what, when, where why, how, etc. … All posters above made good points.)
This is one of a half-dozen issues that I’ve learned not to debate,
over the years . . . . so, as they say on Shark Tank,
“for that reason, I’m out”. :neutral_face:

2 Likes

Prior to the fall of man, Adam was in the garden and said to Eve, thank God for that beautiful tomato plant. She said yes dear !
After the fall of man, enter (duality) Adam was in the garden and said to Eve, thank God for that beautiful tomato plant. She said, You say tomato, I say tomatoe, your wrong and I’m right! and the beat goes on ad nausuam, while satan smiles on.
Answer
Phil. 2:3 AMP. "Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit [through factional motives, or strife], but with [an attitude of] humility [being neither arrogant nor self-righteous], regard others as more important than yourselves.

For me, easier said than done !
Before the fall, only oneness with God. After GOOD/EVIL Duality is the scourge of fallen man, in and out of church. It is part of my fight against my flesh, to choose my new nature over my old one.

Thank God He doesn’t grade me on some curve scale, but has totally forgiven me through Grace.

HalleluYAH Doc

9 Likes

I wonder if any of you have noticed how the enemy of our souls is working overtime lately? I am not talking just of division between the saints, on any number of issues, spiritual and worldly, but depression, despondency and suicidal ideations?

This is a spiritual attack. WARFARE. It’s vital we stay in the Word and pray as often as possible, gearing up for anything coming our way.

15 Likes

Yes, I have noticed that lately. Also been feeling terribly stultified, like useless and ineffectual. It’s been hard to motivate myself to get moving with things I have decided to do… :frowning: I thought it was just me though.

9 Likes

Certainly no stranger to the first two Karyn.

Looking into the opposites for those terms… led me here:

Antonyms:

Depression = Cheerfulness (Joy)
Despondency = Hopeful
Suicide = Raise/Restore/Resurrect

Which in turn led here:

12 …Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.
13 And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

1 Corinthians 13

In Christ

13 Likes

@ Violet
“despondency and lack of motivation”
Oh yes. If we tell God these feelings, He will help us. Getting back to worship and prayer makes all the difference. And you know what? He loves when we worship Him and talk to Him. I believe that can be the best thing we can possibly do. He created us and called us for relationship. Linger in His Presence.

6 Likes

I’ve had two good friends express these feelings to me in the past week alone. I know it’s the enemy–he is determined to steal our joy and kill us if he can. Thank God we have a Conqueror! He restores our souls.

I think of David and the Psalms he wrote – he suffered the same as we do…and God is just waiting for us to take the first step in His direction, ready to fold us into His loving arms–for as long as we need. sigh of sweet relief

6 Likes

I’m watching a new show, as well.
It’s called “Don’t Engage”:wink: and
the sequel “Woman, Hush yo mouth” :speak_no_evil:
Kinda short films, but very timely!

:zipper_mouth_face: :zipper_mouth_face:

6 Likes