June 6, 2021: Bible Prophecy Update

Gigi has left the building. :grinning:

2 Likes

Yeah Dan @anon28331375 :stuck_out_tongue: I just like picking on him. :wink: Good little article there Gigi. As a former Calvinistā€¦wowā€¦I am amazed daily as I discover more and more teachings that were very central to the Jews in Jesus teaching. I would not go as far to say the gospel too. Although I would approach it like this: Given what Jesus said up to the point of His deathā€¦what was the gospel message and how would the understanding of those in that pre-resurrection timeframe understand it, and how might that be distinguished from His post resurrection message? To do that might take a whileā€¦Iā€™m still kind of doing it.

One little tool that has been helpful lately for me is Andy Woods 14 part series on Ever Reforming. As a previous reformed believer, there was so much in that series i was never told the decades I was in it. When we see that Darby came up with things like dispensationalism and pretrib raptureā€¦one thing those that hold to the opposition on that donā€™t tell you is ā€œas apposed to what?ā€ And that is THE question ā€“ at least I find it to be, this side of Christā€™s resurrection.

The reason beingā€¦from the 5th century to the 16th century the bible was not available to the laypeople and were kept illiterates and taught the bible as allegory (how the Dark Age Catholic Dynasty wanted us to believe it). So when we see ā€œOh well look, dispensationalism is new and so is pretrib rapture.ā€ And that would be true because people desired to live rather than be tortured or killed into the correct doctrine of the day. So to say these teachings are new is not an accurate view of history when what they are really saying is: ā€œDispensationalism is Darbism. You should believe like the enlightened believers who would rather side with the Dungeons of the Dark Ages that made the Pope of Vicar of Christ on earth and wouldnā€™t let us learn to read and wouldnā€™t let us read the bible for ourselves.ā€ And I donā€™t think that is the argument they want to make. But it is the one they are making.

I know youā€™re not saying that Gigi or coming from any side of that issueā€¦I just am amazed of the reality of what I just said and recently discovered as such. Dispensationalism and pretrib are not on the defense. But the Dark Ages would like for us to think so.

I know you are agreeing most in part and just concerned with going too far and eliminating the gospel presentation from Christā€™s own teachings. Amen. I concur with your concern. Blessings.

1 Like

Please check this out if you are serious about researching the subject.
I canā€™t find anything I donā€™t agree with on the subject.

Wasnā€™t this one of your objections?
1. It disregards the whole Bible

One major criticism of dispensationalism is that its adherents do not believe the whole Bible. It is assumed that when one divides the Word of God as instructed by Paul, he is to reject those divisions not specifically written for the Church age. For example, you will hear someone say, "those who believe in dispensations donā€™t believe the book of James or 1 & 2 Peter. They donā€™t even believe the Old Testament.

Shalom

Dispensationalism (biblebelievers.com)

minority indeed lol. as for me it seems like it wonā€™t turn around but of course Iā€™m no expert so Iā€™ll leave the door open for that possibility. :] there are few topics where Iā€™ll claim any type of expertise in any way, and abortion is one of them. so Iā€™m happy that you are asking for my opinion. I donā€™t see an article though. did you not post it or did I miss it?

1 Like

With deepest respect and love, may I say this to your first point: I would not be surprised if some people have received placebos. I believe everything is orchestrated to hide the truth until the time they choose. I have seen thousands of VAERS reports of fatalities and tens of thousands listed as serious, marked not recovered. I would be overjoyed if Drs. Mikovits, Tenpenny, Madej and Vernon Coleman were mistaken. I imagine they would too. Only God knows what the outcome will be and I pray fervently for the people who have taken the vax, incuding family and friends. Even absent the deceptive nature of what we are told, I would be hesitant because of my history of severe allergic reactions to medicines, including anaphlaxis with loss of cosciousness, facial paralysis and respiratory issues. These symptoms appear on many VAERS reports. My goal has not been to tell people what to do but to share the information,I have found with others who donā€™t know it exists.

There are also radical political actions worldwide that threaten the future of Israel. Without America on their side, I believe they are in the crosshairs of many enemies. Though no one knows the day the time of our Lordā€™s second coming. many believe the Rapture will be soon. You are certainly right agreeing with Pastor JD that there is a great need to get Jesus to people and people to Jesus. I may have gotten that backwards. That doesnā€™t seem to be my strength but I am asking God for words to use with family and some disinterested friends. God bless you and all the people of Florida, I have always found to be warm and friendly. Thank God, we are able to share with each other. I find it very comforting.

2 Likes

I totally agree. How his son could just do a 180 from his dads teaching for years is mind boggling and sad.

1 Like

thanks Dan, I have seen your comments and support on abortion issues before, which have let me know you find it evil. so I hoped you would not feel Iā€™m beating a dead horse when I left that comment. thank you for taking the time to talk this out. itā€™s a topic close to my heart and so it impacts me deeply when we talk about the covid shot in terms of understanding why someone would take it.

biblically Iā€™d say God never tempts us to do evil:

James 1:13-14 : ā€œLet no one say when he is tempted, ā€œI am tempted by Godā€; for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He Himself tempt anyone. But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed. Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death.ā€

in my opinion I would think itā€™s a test. if we already know whatā€™s right, then I would see it as a testing time in Godā€™s eyes.

as for ā€œlead me not into temptation,ā€ in light of what it says in James, it seems temptation does not come from God. a foolish person that God gives up to his own wiles, is led into temptation but it didnā€™t come from God. that is just my thought.

I have seen a few links that list many specific products that are connected to abortion. (easy to search for.) as for medication though nothing is off the top of my head. I wouldnt be surprised. I only know about other vaccines coming from abortion. I can completely believe itā€™s in OTC meds, etc too. if I hear of one, I would avoid using it. it gets exhausting to try to remember each and every company to avoid and for what reasons. (pesticides, abortion, outsourced to near-slave labor in Mexico, other bad business practices, the list goes on, so many things to look out for!!) but I do try. I do not take it as an excuse to accept it in the covid vax. and of course you are not either, but I do know many who make the same point you did in your question, in an effort to prove to me that I should accept the covax. they are like, ā€œyouā€™re probably already ingesting abortion products, so deal with it, itā€™s okay,ā€ basically. and Iā€™m like, no, Iā€™ll do my best to sift through whatā€™s okay and whatā€™s notā€¦ which is hard to do, in this marketed world of sheer abundance in variety of everything, but I try.

their sacrifice was most definitely in vain, no matter what was done with their bodies.

I was given a life without the ā€œburdenā€ of parenthood at an early age, but that sacrifice my child made, was still in vain, no matter how I benefitted from it.

to destroy the remaining vax shots, in my opinion, would be slightly redeeming for the babies used in it, as opposed to them continuing to be used as planned.

to accept this shot is also a means of snowballing the abortion industry. so itā€™s not just accepting a single shot, it perpetuates the situation. so more babies will be aborted. when the research and products are being bought and sold, thatā€™s their bottom line, enabling abortions to continue to occur.

so the idea of one family member taking the jab to keep his job so he can feed his kids, reminds me of what it says in the Bible about 2 women who agree to eat each othersā€™ sons, one on one day and one on the next. they ate the first one but the next day the other son had been hidden. his mother had been willing to eat someone elseā€™s child and saved her own. she was starving but the Bible made it clear that her suffering didnā€™t justify the sacrifice of the other womanā€™s son.

Iā€™m not sure if you mean exactly what you typed here. since Satan was not trying to save Yeshua. I havenā€™t read that story too many times, but my understanding was that Jesus was rescued from the situation. are you saying that God willed for innocent children to die so that Jesus could be saved? (serious question, not rhetorical or anything. just trying to be sure of what youā€™re meaning to say here!)

lastly as someone who has had the experience of abortion and the horror that comes with learning years later that my baby was painfully ripped apart, it is VERY cut and dry for me- if I can KNOW abortion was involved in anything, I will steer VERY clear. I will NOT be tempted. if theyd threaten to kill my family if I donā€™t take it, Iā€™d do everything I can to protect them, and still refuse, knowing the blood wouldnā€™t be on my hands. I canā€™t take any more blood on my hands. I never will again. I wonā€™t be tempted but I do know how someone else could be. I just will never ever ever cross that line again. itā€™s the very least I can do in response to what I learned: Reject everything having to do with the abortion industry, as much as I can remember (hard to always remember what brands and products to avoid). the covax is easy to remember so I have no problem saying no, in defense of the babies slated for abortion still, in defense of those already used in it, and the paltry defense I have in my heart for the baby of mine that was likely used for these types of research. thank you for letting me pour my heart out Dan.

1 Like

If one would reread this post:

One would find that:
Dispensationalism was not being attacked.
Nothing derogatory was said about either Darby or Scofield that was simply
general info regarding the history.
Pre-tribulation was not questioned.
Did not suggest that I would rather be in the Dark Ages. :grinning:
Did not say that I did not think that all scripture should be interpretated by
context and rightly divided.

One would also find the article is by a written by dispensationalist directed
for dispensationalists.
This dispensationalist (Calvary Chapel) identified pitfalls of dispensationalism that I agree with. It also helps me to understand why is not beneficial
for me to get lost in endless discussions trying to convey a belief when the other person has a different system of interpretation as I have done
aplenty.

I do believe that certain verses are directed at Jews, but I do not believe
that the four Gospels are irrelevent to the Body of Christ as some teach.

If one has an issue with the article, please dont notify me.
Notify David Guzak of Calvary Chapel. :grinning:

Feel free to disregard this as the meanderings of an old lady.

Gigi is again leaving the building.

#stillnotascholar

6 Likes

I didnā€™t learn of the concept of Dispensations from Darby, but actually Clarence Larkinā€™s works and charts.

The provided link shows that the idea was in existence and popular for at least 200 years before Darby. He popularized it maybe. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I know JD is, or he wouldnā€™t have made videos where he talks about the idea of the Church of Philadelphia and Laodicea existing at the same time in our days.

This is a dispensational approach the the 7 letters in the 2nd and 3rd chapter of Revelation.

I agree with this as at the time the letters were written they were both prophetic for the future and also applicable to the churches there at the time. This duality permeates all of scripture.

:slight_smile:

5 Likes

Same here I thought I had already made up my mind still see things that I did not see before as we all moved forward together. And thank you so much for sharing your heart and perspective its very much appreciated and helpful for many.

I agree I believe this scripture says a lot about the path we may need to take sometimes.

1 Corinthians 10:13

13 No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but tGod is faithful, uwho will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to 4bear it

So it seems this answers my question.
God will make a way where there is no way.

I donā€™t believe that was really a fair question as I look at it now in a better light that you shared.

Some how I donā€™t believe that can be true. God sent them down with the spirit he breathed into them. Abba knew what was going to happen so its impossible to say God sent them and allowed this in vain.

Just you sharing this proves more to me about the unfathomable depths of his love for all and especially for the little one. Their time here was short but they gave much while they were here. God wastes nothing of His nor will allow others to do so.

When you next see your child all will be understood and it will be good.

Satan sacrificed them trying to get Yeshua yet God allowed them to be sacrificed even so.

But some say with confidence and scriptures that the 144,000 are actually the children of Bethlehem and the surrounding region.

I hope so.

Bless you sister this discussion as been fully understood by me and now I will trust Father to make away if need be.

Shalom

1 Like

Well I am not into labels either, but I do like to know what someone is talking about when they use them, and be able to answer as well.

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Get the great book by clearance Larkin - titled dispensation all truths - bet CHRISTIAN READING you will ever do

2 Likes

Sorry about that. Here is the article I meant to post: You asked, we answered: Do the COVID-19 vaccines contain aborted fetal cells? | Nebraska Medicine Omaha, NE

Thanks. Yeah, I would love your takeā€¦you are very invested in this issueā€¦so it is natural to ask :slight_smile: Blessings.

1 Like

The Bible is the one that shows different ages, different times like times of the gentiles etc, so the Bible is all about different dispensations

1 Like

Yes, I have always enjoyed these charts and the work of the artist

4 Likes

That only came in as a response to your commenting that dispensations were new and brought in by Darby. I was just showing that other things like the chapters and verses are also relatively new and are still viable is all.

I not only respect your input but see it as valuable to us.
Just putting info to discuss on the table is all. Its a good discussion and understand where you are coming from. No worries.

I agree with that completely,. But my thing is I have found many confused because they were mixing Mathew and Paul and were complete confused for years like I was.

Shalom

3 Likes

Yes - good for you- I was referencing some questions people had about dispensations - the Bible is the Word of God

1 Like

Question just because I am a curious person:

When does dispensationalism say the church began?

Would you explain that?

1 Like

Hi there friend,

I just revisted this posting area and thought I would drop a line and see how you are doing. Amazed that July 9th is only one day away. Do you believe things are still progressing in this same direction? Hoping you are doing well, and saying a prayer now for you and your family in these days. God Bless, and Maranatha!