June 6, 2021: Bible Prophecy Update

@Redeemed777, I definitely do. It may be because of my realization that we can expect to start getting knocks on our doors, but I feel it, too.

5 Likes

This is making a very wide-sweeping assumption that attempts to shove everyone who believes in eternal security into a pigeon hole.

I confess my sins to the Lord and ask forgiveness regularly and most certainly do not believe its okay to live like the devil. It saddens me that you find it necessary to assume things about peopleā€™s lives.

3 Likes

That is NOT a statement I have ever made. As I said, you seem to be attempting to pigeonhole all people. I personally have not heard any who believe in eternal security make that statement.

I apologize if I missed it, but even so if one person says it does not make it apply to all.

2 Likes

The mantra youā€™ve heard must be from those who have never heard of being out of fellowship with Christ.

I totally believe Iā€™m saved from ALL my sinsā€¦past, present and future!
However, Iā€™m not free of the consequences of themā€¦which unless I confess each one Iā€™m out of fellowship with Jesus.

1 John 1:9 says

ā€œIf we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.ā€

5 Likes

@Redeemed777
Very succinctly put. I agree.

3 Likes

Jesus goes one step further!

We are toā€¦
James 5:16
ā€œConfess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.ā€

3 Likes

Iā€™ve found in my 50 years that people who profess to be saved, yet live like they arenā€™t, who never do a thing to change, are not saved by how Gods Word tells me we are to be.
They may have gotten ā€œreligionā€ but they never received Christ.

4 Likes

Iā€™m not judging anyone by MY standards, as Iā€™m just a saved sinnerā€¦Jesus says ā€¦ā€we are known by our love and also by bearing fruitā€¦ā€ (paraphrased by me)

2 Likes

I ask forgiveness regularly to my Abba, you know our relationship depends on staying close to him not him staying close to us.

OSAS means just that always saved if you are a true believe. That does not mean God will just let me get away with anything and you know it brother.

What the old saying ā€œThe Hound of Heavenā€ pursues me daily if I find my self lost or on the run.

There is never joy in sin when a ā€œreal believer falls short or even worse falls away.ā€

Pleasure is short and conviction is as long as you make it.

Shalom

5 Likes

Just say no :slight_smile:

1 Like

I agree people seem to want to think they just need to touch the bases and hang around picking low fruit. But we also donā€™t want them to think they have something to do to keep saved either.

I know your heart my friend, I too want to make sure folks understand just not like the long way if possible like I did, not,when there may be another.

I still canā€™t believe how long it took me to find out I didnā€™t have to keep going back to the altar fearing I wasnā€™t good enough not know it was about Yeshua and that was good enough for all of us ones and foreverā€¦

I guess its no surprise I was using the computer a full year before I learned about copy and paste. Thank God it didnā€™t take two years I would have given up.

I think we are still working together for the same purposes donā€™t you Brother?

I just wanted to throw something out there at this juncture. When dealing with heated issuesā€¦it is good and wise to put aside personal orientations and I think that as Ed is showing here, this is wise to do (for either side of the issue). Plus, it will make it more helpful for those who read this forum for insight, help, and encouragement. :slight_smile:

On issues like this i think it is helpful to focus on how the word of God presents theology. Not on reasons why people believe it (for this seems secondary to me). For example, the OSAS people I have known for over 2 decades of my life related OSAS to the sufficiency and character of Christ. Even so, based on their seemingly good character, I would not consider the word to be saying one thing or another based on their reasons for holding their convictions. Theologically, the concern OSAS defenders I have known hold to have to do with believing what the word says about Christ and soteriology. And that is well and good, but even in its good standing on that, that has 0 weight as to whether the doctrines in the word infer OSAS or do not infer OSAS.

If we look at this issue because we think people defend OSAS to sin, or perhaps that non-OSAS defenders are merely looking through a disciplinarian predisposition, in my mind, those should not even be on the radar. In fact, known common presuppositions to arguments should be recognized and deliberately omitted in establishing unbiased intellectual integrality as to the weight of an argument. Personal views of others positions would be wisely discarded if clarity on the merits of doctrine can be reasonably and openly discussed (and points made be seen in their integrity).

If we view why a person holds a theological belief based on ā€œwhyā€ we think they do that is looking at the flaws on others (regardless of which side of the argument is looked at) that would be basing the premise of a discussion on an ā€œagainst the manā€ Ad hominem logical fallacy (as well as presuppositions in our own thinkingā€“which have nothing to do with how accurate theological exegetical insights might have weight or might not), and does not belong in any arena of logical discourse much less approaching the nuances of proper hermeneutics and theological import.

1 Like

Will these work, though, @TCC??? In this lawless world, I have a feeling notā€¦?

2 Likes

No disrespect intended AT ALLā€¦
Iā€™m just over here scratching my head and saying ā€œHuh?ā€
Iā€™m fairly intelligent but, Brother, youā€™ve got me on this one!
Wouldnā€™t it have been easier to say ā€¦ā€everybody has to make up their own mind about OSASā€™s meaning to them :speak_no_evil::joy:?ā€

7 Likes

None takenā€¦lol. :stuck_out_tongue: Iā€™m going to blame Paul for run-on sentences. It would be easier, but that is not what I am saying there. I will boil what I said there into an easier (gathering like terms) import of what I am saying in 150,000 wordsā€¦lol.

To know if a doctrine is true, we need to discuss it based on proper interpretation. Not on how another person sees it, or why they might.

Hope that helps :slight_smile: What i am getting at is looking at the bible with proper interpretational principles, not our biases.

2 Likes

It was announced on Christian radio in Los Anglelesā€¦KFIā€¦last week. We are in a time where the government is trying to coerce us in agreeing with the undermining of the constitution. Personally, I donā€™t think they will succeed. In the meantime, America is what it believes it isā€¦and America is made up of Americans. What do you believe it is?

1 Like

I agree in the first case, but I donā€™t really understand about the disciplinarian angle. God does discipline His children.

For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth. Hebrews 12:6

Even unto death.

29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lordā€™s body.
30 For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.
31 For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.
1 Corinthians 11:29-31

But it seems to me as if those who do not believe in eternal security believe that God disciplines us by taking away the free gift of salvation.

Is something a free gift if someone later takes it back or if it was given in the first place only to get something in return?

2 Likes

Not sure why but all this talks reminds me of when some one calls a pre-trib believe an escapist in disrespect but it donā€™t bother me.

Yes, because the thing is they are right and we will escape this to and for the same ASAS reasons its all good for those who love him.

Shalom

2 Likes

Iā€™d reply to someone who said I was an ā€œescapistā€ because I believed in Pre-Trib with ā€¦ā€youā€™re darn skippy Iā€™m trying to escape this sin cursed world as fast as Jesus can call us home!ā€ :wink:

6 Likes