March 12, 2023: 2 Peter 3:5 – How Close is the Rapture?

I do not expect Him in two hours. At all…nope. Not gonna expect the rapture in one hour and fifty-nine minutes….

5 Likes

Remember those Hanna-Barbara Wacky Races cartoons? I’m slowly starting to picture us in that venue at times lol.

6 Likes

Babylon means Babylon, right?

3 Likes

How close is the rapture? Closer than it has ever been…

Y’all, like many of you, I’ve been getting my house in order for when I’m gone. Rapture letters, extra bibles, study materials and clearing out unnecessary stuff around the house. Making my home a peaceful haven for others.
Not everyone in my extended family are believers. A few will be left behind. A few I’m not sure about. My home is the gathering place.

I was preparing to update my will last week - new grandson—hooray!, extra land purchased, another bank account, paid off mortgage… just basic things in life that require will updates.

****Then, it hit me! The rapture will allow for huge land grab, asset & financial takeover by the elite (whom already control big financial institutions worldwide) ***

***Why? ***

All of us who are raptured will be MISSING, correct? Wills are no good. Insurance will be denied. All Wills & life insurance etc require death certificates, proof of death etc

Anything with an outstanding loan or mortgage will be seized. Joint ownership of property & assets without loans might help left behind retain in some cases.

Property seizure helps Elites easily push concentrated smart cities & “Own nothing & be happy” mantra. (Only for selected people, of course)

The rest will be targeted for decreasing the population: persons 45+, any addictions, mentally & physically impaired, low intelligence, poor health, etc.

PLUS, all the missing people immediately after rapture is a great opportunity to rollout a mandatory digital ID.

Sorry if this is basic understanding for most people- it all just hit me now that:

Yes, a will is good if I die between now & before the rapture. But AFTER we are raptured & gone missing, a will does not allow transfer assets or property to anyone left behind. 5-7 years waiting period is required for missing persons.

Perhaps creating a separate financial power of attorney (used if incapacitated or missing) might help those left behind (as they hopefully choose Jesus & try to survive, until they are martyred)

…perhaps I should bring up this after the rapture info next time I see my brother? At least he might allow another choose Jesus now conversation. Any Thoughts?

Christ is RETURNING. Fact.
Time is shorter than it has ever been. Fact.
Now is the time to get people to Jesus. Fact.

12 Likes

I’d say any time you can bring this into a discussion ( peacefully and not cause too much tension) to do so. You never know if you’ll get any other opportunities but of course do not want to cause him or others to immediately put up a wall.

It’s such a fine line but the Holy Spirit can help know when to speak and what/ how you say.

I can relate to your “ epiphany “ but kind of in a different way. I have seen long term investments as not so much a waste of time ( we don’t know how long we have) but more of a way less priority.
Just he other day after watching Brandon Holthaus advise taking some precautions with personal bank accounts and retirement funds, I told my husband I had watched some Christian input on financial matters of the day and if we should look into some safeguards on our investments and he immediately said a flat no.

I won’t go into his background as I’ve posted about it many times other than he’s Eastern Orthodox , denies a rapture and thinks everything prophetic is lunacy and things will all work out.
So at 64 he’s focused on retiring soon and keeps checking his Vanguard funds worried he’s losing too much etc.

I’m not advocating to just not care but that it’s just not feasible to make such a priority if them given the signs of the times.

It’s frustrating as a wife to have a spiritually blind husband because I trust him with our financial future. On the one hand , we should be cautious and have safeguards if we’re here much longer but on the other not act like retirement or any long term endeavors are a given.

It’s his putting all the eggs in one basket mindset when attached to the things of this world that upsets me because there’s a much more dire bigger picture.

2 Likes

Soooo, will He come when I am in the shower and notice I missed a spot at the top of the wall when I was cleaning? Will He come when I have just pulled out a fresh baked loaf of bread and sit down with a slice with butter and jam? Will He come when I am in the midst of doing dishes for the millionth time and pray I will not have to do this in heaven? How about when it is a beautiful day at the beach and I am soaking in the warmth of the sun and am thanking Him for all His goodness? Is that when I will least expect Him? Prolly!!

7 Likes

:joy::joy:
Welllll, I think you won’t care about a missed dirty spot , and heaven’s bread will taste way better ( sorry :grimacing::laughing:), the water if we have to do dishes there will probably be crystal clear/ taste amazing and leave our hands sooo soft , and sitting by The Son in a place that’s been 2000 years in the making to personally thank Him instead of the sun and it’s wrinkle causing heat will have us not care what we were doing when He came.
So don’t you worry now , ya hear :wink:

6 Likes

I was trying to say in my feeble attempt that the Lord will come back at a time when our mind is far from thoughts of the rapture…lol

8 Likes

Oh I know!!!
I was being my typical sarcastic goofball self :crazy_face:

4 Likes

Okay, going to take this as a Cliff’s notes kinda response the give ya the answer at the bottom, which seems sister Steph kinda beat me to it.

• If you can shower and clean walls at the same time, that’s a super power!
  • Eat fast
  • You won’t have to clean dishes in Heaven
  • Whatever beauty you find on earth is unmatched in Heaven

As it’s said to me, “When He comes, He comes.” I often think about what will I be doing when the trumpet sounds and I could be doing anything. I could duck a Jeep and in the midst of placing the duck in the door Poink we be gone! I could be napping, or yelling at someone and “Thar she blows!”

I could be standing clueless in the screws and fasteners aisle of Menard’s trying to figure out fractions and measurements praying God teaches me a better method to remember measurements and we’ll be gone.

Or in the drive thru giving my order with a line behind me and we leave! Ooooh wouldn’t THAT be hell on earth for the people behind me?! I think it is a moment where we are so fixated on what we’re doing that we forget everything else around us. We’re zoned in and somewhat looking to complete the task (like napping) and that is what is meant by a moment you least expect Him. I’m undoubtedly wrong though. I wish I had an answer for ya on when and how it’ll come to pass, but only the Father Almighty knows. Hey, I sit here on earth hoping He laughs when I bring up two weeks to all y’all just to keep us going.

In the end, everything we think about, will not be an issue in Heaven, me thinks. Now what are we doing when we come back and reign and rule for a thousand years…I just hope I’m not on sanitation detail. I could do pottery, I could handle that. Not garbage and sewage though.

My response to all that though? We’ll know when we know and that’s all we know.

7 Likes

Great response. Stephanie too! I guess I wil keep on keepin" on and try to act like I’m not expecting Him. Maybe then He wil hurry up…lol.

BTW what does duck a jeep mean??

4 Likes

It’s a positive, fun, random acts of kindness thing between Jeep owners. Leave rubber duck & note of encouragement or acknowledgment on another Jeep. #DuckDuckJeep.

3 Likes

@FaithHopeLove nailed it and apparently has a wrangler herself lol. It goes back to WWII when Jeep drivers for the allied members would flash a “V” to signify they were friendly to one another. Then we got the peace sign out of that which later turned into the ‘Jeep Wave’ (I still do that but apparently not many do nowadays?) which then evolved into the ‘duck duck Jeep’. Gotta be carful though or else someone may think you’re trying to steal a Jeep or they think you’re going to assault them…with a rubber duck lol.

5 Likes

My hubbydude and I have always wanted a jeep. He is 6’3" and does not fit into any make/model. Such a bummer 'cause I would love to be a DuckJeep shenanigans girl.

4 Likes

Even the four door series? I have a friend who’s about that height and he’s able to sit up front with ease. I personally like the make like 2015-2018 I think. The moment they put in those engines that stop when you stop at a light or stop sign and then turn back on when you’re ready to go - I can’t stand those. Seems too much wear and tear on an engine (even if it’s made for it). But anyway, I know that when I have the seats scooted as far back as they can go - my buddy can sit in the front seat. I’d love if they had captain’s chairs in the front. I’m lazy and spinning the seat to get in and out easier just seems like a good idea.

That Rubicon series seems pretty nice suspension-wise. The Gladiator seems interesting too if it just didn’t have those new engines.

3 Likes

He loves the Rubicon and am sure he would find some way to power it up if he had the chance, but he has sat in one and its most uncomfortable. Bummer!

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:
Maybe that’ll depend on which fast food restaurant they’re stuck at and how hungry they are.
If the drive through staff disappears too then :grimacing::grimacing:

I NEEDED to laugh this morning! Thanks @Jon

4 Likes

Then there’s us short folks who need ladders to get into some vehicles :red_car:

4 Likes

Does anyone remember a guy who gives prophecy news/ updates from his car? I can’t remember his name or find them! Thanks

Actually, I just now found him! Watchman River - YouTube

5 Likes

Oh yes. I can relate. Hubby just lifted my truck and installed power steps…yeah!!. Is that your truck??

2 Likes