March 12, 2023: 2 Peter 3:5 – How Close is the Rapture?

No just a random photo but I have had to use such help to get in some trucks :joy:
Or in my best attempt, take a running leap !

2 Likes

That’s getting rarer for me. I’m thinking about the Rapture almost all the time it seems. But, yes, what about those little moments when our minds wander to something other than the Rapture.
Yes. Like when I am standing in that LONG LINE at Wal-Mart to get my groceries. Ha! Maybe I should think about the day when we won’t need groceries anymore. OR Walmart. :grin:

5 Likes

Oh, won’t that be lovely. Goes along with no more cookin and cleanin!!

5 Likes

Amen!!! Those simple tasks are getting more tiring.

3 Likes

I would even say that if you own your place with no mortgage, you are still in danger of losing it. In Canada right now they are repossessing farmland saying it is actually crown property and cannot be owned by anyone but the government. The farmers have an option to remain there (for the time being) and pay rent to the government. They won’t let anyone own land during the tribulation. “You will own nothing and be happy”

3 Likes

Whaaaat???

Nooo Walmart??? :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Not even in the millennium??? What shopping WILL be in the millennium. I never thought of that before. :thinking:

2 Likes

Hopefully God will cover our needs and/ or have the best stores ever at that time :grin:

5 Likes

Amen! I agree.

1 Like

I believe like most that the signs are clear that the end is not far off. Trying to assign a number to the days we have before our blessed hope is realized is a fool’s errand. I am reminded today of Jesus’ words, “occupy until I return.” The fact that we are still here must mean that we have work to do. Does anyone have ideas on what “occupy” means. my first thought is like an occupation of a foreign country but with a benevolent intention. Then, I think of the unbelievers in the small community where I live. Before another lockdown and restrictions are put back in place, there is work to do. Some are prepping for the coming days of lack of food, with the idea of sharing with others or even leaving their resources for those who are left when we go.

So this connects to how close it is because perhaps it depends on something we need to do and we know that prayer effects the timing if i am reading the scriptures correctly.

3 Likes

My take on “occupy until I return “ is to live life taking care of what needs done ( daily tasks and such ) remain faithful to the Lord’s work
( witnessing, attending church , reading scripture) and living a life that exemplifies the joy we have in Christ.

In other words, live like he’s both NOT coming back soon , yet IS coming back soon !!

7 Likes

Well spoken Steph! Keep on keeping on is a term I have heard - and watch for our Blessed Hope - MARANATHA

4 Likes

Close is a relevant term, Jesus indicated that we are to look for the signs, however he also added the birth pains to indicate once it starts (and it obviously has) then it will progress in a rapid manner. So in looking at the signs I find that there may be a major event that most (including myself until recently) are not even talking about let alone comprehending the impact.
Most have asked at one time or another, where is the US located in Biblical prophecy. The answer is usually limited to not talking about it, dismissing its importance , or referencing to the 144k saved on the “wins of the eagle” (US) etc.

How about by its omission, the Bible is actually prophesying that the US does not exist or has little power and or significance. We are currently witnessing unparalleled negative events (Political, financial, military, medical, religious/moral etc.) in this country that followed to a logical natural conclusion means the collapse of the US. The great “deception” that is occurring (Jesus warned about in Math 24 among other places) is keeping most from recognizing this until it will be too late (similar the internal demise of Rome). " They perish because they refuse to love the truth and so be saved, for this reason God sends a powerful delusion so that they believe the lie" (2Thes 2:10-11) Note, it is logical for Satan to want the US out of the way since historically (until recently) we stood for the Judeo-Christian values.

The US would ( historically) come to Israel’s aid if it were attacked. There is no mention of the US (by location) as providing support in the major GOG/Magog attack (EZ 38) prior to the beginning of the tribulation period. Yes, I understand that it doesn’t mention many other areas either, but the US is of significant power and numbers to warrant mention if included in the event. (Note the other participating countries are specifically named and translate to current countries today).

So the question “how close” first I would say the statement that “The Rapture could occur at any time” is inaccurate. It can only happen at one specific time once all the events that are to happen take place (logical but most miss comprehending this). This includes the "full measure of Gentiles coming in (saved) (Rom 11:25) which is only known to God. One needs to be able to understand and consider all the predicted events provided to us in the Bible

Therefore I would say, based upon Jesus saying watch for the signs, that before the Rapture occurs (among other things) that we in this country( also in the world but more severe in US) are going to go through “significant” negative events (our current way of life will be over). As Christians, knowing the events and outcome, we will need to “occupy” our place (until He comes), support and witness to others. God promised to keep us from the great Tribulation but not from tribulation. How close, close but not yet.

1 Like

in reading your post again, i am more than ever focusing on the fullness of the gentiles (Romans 11:25) Looking at the large number of unsaved people where I live and for whom I pray as a collective because I don’t know many of them, it gives me hope that our Heavenly Father will save more of them. I sit on a teeter totter which goes down when I think of the huge percentage of these people who have visited the local pharmacy, once, twice and three or four times. I selfishly want to escape the misery to come.

3 Likes

I’m trusting you had a good and safe Independence Day. I was reminded yesterday of the following quote from Ronald Reagan:

“Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again.”

Reagan later said, “The deterioration of every government begins with the decay of the principle upon which is it is founded.”

As we celebrate our nation’s independence this week, let us be reminded that the United States of America were united under God’s Sovereign hand. The USA has a strong biblical foundation as a nation. Our nation’s founding fathers intentionally saturated biblical principles in our founding documents. We, as the Body of Christ, must continue to defend the founding documents and principles on which we were founded. If the Truth of God through Jesus Christ is to continue to march on, then it will be because of the boldness of the Body of Christ—The Church. Yes, our God-blessed America is terminally ill. We are on a moral free fall, and we don’t seem far from hitting bottom. Is there hope for America? Can there be a WAY in the last days? Absolutely. Our hope will only come through Christ, the Son of God. That is why it is important for our churches to have things like Vacation Bible School, Sports Camps, and Children and Youth Camps, because we are pointing the next generations to Jesus Christ, our only hope.

We must be bold in our witness for Christ. Jesus is our ONLY HOPE. Part of Satan’s strategy is to keep good and godly people silent in evil times. Don’t be silent church. Use the platforms that are provided (social media, local government, church outreach events) to courageously share your faith. Keep in mind Colossians 4:6: “May your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer each person.” Let’s make this a prayer as we boldly proclaim the gospel message to others.
Titus
11 For the grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to all people. 12 It teaches us to say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age, 13 while we wait for the blessed hope—the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, 14 who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good.

15 These, then, are the things you should teach. Encourage and rebuke with all authority. Do not let anyone despise you.

2 Likes