March 5, 2023: Bible Prophecy Update -- Waiting For the Other Shoe to Drop

If I may…I have been studying this and if you look into that word “apostasia” it often meant “certificate of divorce”.

Well, could it be God divorcing Israel?

I’m not certain this is a rapture verse…but I do have some differing views on this particular topic. I still think the rapture is next, I just disagree on a few items. I think it’s going to be much faster and, unexpected than many of us may believe. I will leave the info at that.

:smiling_face:

I love this chapter. Well I love them all.

Maybe not the genealogies so much :rofl:

But they are important!

Shalom.

4 Likes

Interesting @DallasT
Given how the Catholic Church tried to hide scripture and also revise it to meet their teachings , it’s plausible that the change was from a physical departure, to an apostate “ falling away” because they considered anyone who disagreed with their doctrine, apostates.

I mean, they were so obsessed with people finding out truth and not catering to what they taught , that they tortured and killed many.

This change would fit with them warning to not fall away as it would then be in line with referring to falling from THEIR teachings ( which are mostly apostasy ) because of people that did were accursed !( anathema ) from the “ Church”
( Catholic ).
Thus, if it is about a physical departure, more Christians possibly would be looking up for THE CHRIST, not the Antichrist
and not at a doctrinal apostasy which has been actually an issue prior to these last days. ( think of how Luther called out the Catholic Church for their apostate teaching of salvation by works ie: sacraments ).

I can see , though, why there are differing views on the meaning.

12 Likes

I found this online as the Geneva Study Bible.
2 Thessalonians 2 Geneva Study Bible (biblehub.com)

2 Thessalonians 2:3

Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

Let no man deceive you by any means: {3} for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and {e} that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

(3) The apostle foretells that before the coming of the Lord, there will be a throne set up completely contrary to Christ’s glory, in which that wicked man will sit, and transfer all things that appertain to God to himself: and many will fall away from God to him.

(e) By speaking of one, he singles out the person of the tyrannous and persecuting antichrist.
So this seems to emphasize that the falling away is apostasy.

Please be aware I am just sharing what I have discovered so far regarding the Geneva Bible.

This is a description of the Rapture in the KJV.
In the KJV 1 Thessalonians 3:16 - For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 - Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
18 - Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

Paul wrote to Thessalonica and he is reminding them of his ministry to them and encouraging them to continue on in purity and makes the statement of the rapture of the believers while making it clear what happens regarding those who have already died in faith, since they were awaiting the rapture even then.

I am leaning towards 2 Thessalonians 2:3 - meaning what is says, a Falling Away from the true faith, so much so that the AC the lawless one wont’ have a problem finding ready followers when he is allowed to rule.
Since Paul already spoke of the Rapture in his first letter to them, the second letter sounds like it is speaking more about Christs physical return to the earth at the end of the tribulation period. He also speaks about that lawless one.
Have not studied to see if in the early church days, as in Paul’s time, if they had those who were openly of Sodom and Gomorah, and dressed as such, openly leading congregations in buildings called churches and openly mocking God of heaven and earth by declaring they themselves are gods while also encouraging gender confusion and transgender response to that .
I agree that there has always been those who follow a different understanding of the true faith, however, I would question if they were that far removed in their perversions so as to mock everything to do with the truth of the gospel, and even of creation itself the way it is in these end times.
IMO

2 Likes

Good message by brother JD. So applicable to events happening all over. From the selling of God’s land and Israel’s dna to Pfizer, to the pre-planned “revivals” and the new emerging church of mystic “experiences” and One world unity. It appears as he indicated, the de-anchoring it’s version of a new “Christianity” from God’s Word the bible as the standard.

One interesting quote heard recently:
“There are only two religions in the world;
Bible-believing Christianity, and
Mystery Babylon.” —Spencer Smith, Third Adam Series.

Appreciate your insights on these matters and previous
@anon74937514 @Blessed and others. Do you believe there is a possibility it may all boil down to a road like the following?:

apparently this man was a watchman sounding similar alarms twenty years ago.

6 Likes

9 March 2023

--------------------------

--------------------------

6 Likes

Thank you for sharing this.

Although both views understandable with good points , I too lean towards a falling away from truth as it is definitely now, an apostasy that is far removed from reality and I think that links to the giving them over as explained in Romans resulting in even a greater departure from not only commonly excepted truths but absolute truth.

This could also be explained why in watching gut his return and culmination of prophetic events, Jesus warned numerous times first and foremost to not be deceived knowing how greater deception was to come not just in the secular realm but infiltrating now into the church itself
( spiritual).

This definitely something I personally will keep dissecting because it’s a fascinating study.

5 Likes

I have always understood that to also be a dual meaning passage.

The AC will mirror Antiochus in so many ways.

2 Likes

Hmm :thinking:
My wheels are turning Miss Dallas :grin:

1 Like

Thanks @dlcv !

What is interesting is all but the KJV say “ BY his coming “

Then explains “in that we shall gather/ assemble” ( Wycliffe says and in our congregation INTO THE SAME)
KJV says “ CONCERNING “ his coming.

When I read all these, all but the KJV seem to be saying that we are gathered first before the AC comes and the verses then that say “ unless there comes a falling away first” is basically reiterating that we LEAVE BEFORE, AC will come on the scene.

In other words, verses 1 and 3 are explaining our gathering at his coming precedes and occurs first before AC will be revealed.

Currently just pondering if one or the other view is more applicable or as others have stated , it’s both. After reading from these other translations, it would be logical based on context and the flow of the verses that it’s a notice to the saved to not be deceived in looking for the AC because he will not appear until after we’ve been evacuated.

So if that’s the case, a falling away in the form of a departing from truth wouldn’t fit the context.

It seems verse 3 is actually an encouragement to the church that we will not be around when AC is revealed.

4 Likes

Just subscribed to this Pre trib Study Group channel, many great videos on there. Thanks Dennis!

3 Likes

No, God will not divorce Israel. He made a promise to her by the Abrahamic Covenant which us an unconditional covenant. No matter what Isreal does, God will keep His promise. God cannot lie.
And, if He could break His promises to Israel, then He could break His promise to Us.
God disciplined Isreal. But He will return them to Him again nationally in the Tribulation period.

17 Likes

I believe both are involved spiritual is confirmed in other scriptures but not a suddenly and same with physical departure but a suddenly.

Its a 2 for 1 prophecy I have a hard time seeing people falling from the faith as a shock its always been the case even though that’s what we been taught all these years in the KJV. But people falling away is not a suddenly event and the scriptures here give the impression to me things are moving suddenly when it starts…

I find it kind of revealing that this is really coming to a head now. Is this a revealing from the Book of Daniel now coming out of is the enemy up to something?

It seems odd it comes when the KJV only is rising up against the other believers more vocally.

Shalom

3 Likes

As I read through and consider the discussions here, I have to say that I can potentially see this double consideration, too. The spiritual side HAS been going on for years. It seems to be quickening, but it isn’t an all-at-once. Interesting stuff!

6 Likes

Just a comment on the current times. I personally, do not recall seeing or hearing anything about drag queen church services and the like until these past couple of years, after the pandemic and lock downs came along. With so many willing pastors and ministers locking their church doors and caving into to the secular authorities to refrain from holding services were believers assemble themselves together, my take away from that, is because there was so little push back, the LGBTQ etc. and others saw it as an opportune time to take center stage. Everything from the stuff being taught in the schools to these who want to be called god themselves.
IMO, these are the suddenlies. All part of the setting up of the AC kingdom being put in place so when the rapture occurs, they will be able to proceed with little difficulty, in fully bringing about the Mark of the Beast system. I would also note though that the MOTB isn’t pushed on the global population until after the 2 witnesses have had their time to witness to the world as well as the temple being built with a massive soul harvest coming from that time. So there will be a delay in the MOTB being introduced because part of that is the ability by the AC to sit in the Temple and require people to worship him as god, the last half of the tribulation.

6 Likes

They have been doing them for many years in in the public libraries. The church’s have also been allowing gay leaders and preachers for many years now. The last ten years have been the worse but yes, I would say when Obama and now Jobama came to power the pressure was put on all the weak or fake church leaders to bow down.

I believe the issue is now the rest of the liberal church don’t care enough and before even the unchurched cared about this perversion for the most part.

This has been setting up for years but now it has really degraded in the church especially in the USA.

Yep, seems this is how it always ends.

Shalom

5 Likes

and much more rampent and much more visible too. They are now far more aggressive then ever and IMO its because they know their time is on the horizon and they can hardly wait. not realizing their time will be quite short.

7 Likes

@anon28331375 And is this to cause a split in the believers themselves. i.e. If you follow a certain version of the scriptures then you are way off the truth base.
That is a very dangerous road to go down but perhaps is all part of the last days deception so that even the authority of Gods Word is called into further question and doubt as to its authenticity and therefore totally unreliable altogether because after all which version of the truth is the truth.

4 Likes

That’s my thinking too, I believe most not all bibles are protected by Holy Spirit and He will provide the understanding needed. To believe one book is the only one to be trusted makes God look like He had no foresight into what would happen or He deliberately wanted to send folks down the wrong road. Neither is true so I see a lack of faith on the part of the My Bible Only Club. But yet I stand with my KJV most but not all of the time.

I believe you are correct as that’s why I am concerned what we see coming from the far right and the far left.

Shalom

5 Likes

The following is an excerpt from the Jewish Bible, and I have also provided the website. I wanted to see what their interpretation is of 2 Thess 2:3
Read the The Complete Jewish Bible Free Online (biblestudytools.com)

2 Thessalonians 2

1 But in connection with the coming of our Lord Yeshua the Messiah and our gathering together to meet him, we ask you, brothers,

2 not to be easily shaken in your thinking or anxious because of a spirit or a spoken message or a letter supposedly from us claiming that the Day of the Lord has already come.

3 Don’t let anyone deceive you in any way. For the Day will not come until after the Apostasy has come and the man who separates himself from Torah has been revealed, the one destined for doom.

4 He will oppose himself to everything that people call a god or make an object of worship; he will put himself above them all, so that he will sit in the Temple of God and proclaim that he himself is God.

5 Don’t you remember that when I was still with you, I used to tell you these things?

Day of the Lord. Resource for the following info is:
What Exactly Is the “Day of the Lord”? - Topical Studies (biblestudytools.com)

What Is the “Day of the Lord”?

The Day of the Lord is usually thought of as the end of the world. Some scholars interpret this in an apocalyptic manner, as meaning the day the Lord plans to destroy the earth and establish his new kingdom. For example, the book of Revelation, a vision given to the apostle John, describes the time of God’s wrath upon those determined to be wicked. Many of the events in the book of Revelation are described also by the prophet Joel, who prophesies, “The sun will be turned to darkness and the moon to blood before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord” (Joel 2:31).

Jesus also refers to some of this, also quoting the prophet Isaiah, stating, “Immediately after the distress of those days ‘the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from the sky, and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.’ Then will appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven. And then all the peoples of the earth will mourn when they see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory. And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other” (Matthew 24:29-31).

1 Like

So sorry if this is not the place for this message. My message is to thank the prayer warriors and everyone else who cares and prays about our issues. About two years ago I was attacked by a member of my union with the body that holds my teaching certificate. I stood up for an indigenous elder that was being attacked by people in my local union. It has been very stressful for me, because I put my heart and soul into my job. I’m a Christian in a public school. I think you get the picture. After almost two years, I got a letter from my lawyer. Isaiah 54. I have been exonerated. That bible passage says that we will refute anyone who attacks us. I was not being properly supported by the people who should do that, but, I wrote letters, and had many conversations throughout the incident. In the report, my emails and conversations are being referenced as evidence to exonerate me. I give all glory to God. He moves my heart and inspires my writings. Having said that, I am a weary warrior, still working after retirement, still caring about all the people. But this message is a message of thanks, because I know this outcome is from God and that people in this forum prayed for me. Looking forward to a rest, before I get back into the battle. I’m not a quitter.

26 Likes