May 2 2021: Bible Prophecy Update

I am sure that we will recognize each other. God will give us a new mind, which has the fully understanding. And we are sinless. I think its sort of an angel like type. And we will communicate with the Lord directly. Each of us. All the same time. And he will respond to us. All the same time. There will be no waiting room for speaking with the Lord. You ask him, he answers. And the joy. Oh I cant wait for the joy of being painless. The future for those, who love the Lord, is incredible beautiful.

3 Likes

@Looking4JESUS likely because of the petty bickering that tends to occur on social media and Pastor JD not wanting to give space to it. You are always welcome to comment here (within the forum rules ofc) :wink:

6 Likes

I knew I neglected something…can opener!!

/rushes out to buy 9 and a half can openers (some of our cans are half-size).

9 Likes

I did the next step: I bought cans, that you can open without a can opener :laughing:

8 Likes

Thankyou Steelet. That is so painful to have a best friend of many years reject you for that reason. I don’t understand why people are so polarized about the vaccine right off the hop; no room for any discussion. It’s weird that the word “vaccine” creates such instantaneous division. You didn’t do anything wrong by giving your advice. I suppose this whole topic is laced with fear. People are very afraid of what covid might do to them and they see the vaccine as the “saviour” from the virus. I suppose with that mindset, your friend might perceive you as heartless. On the other hand, why wouldn’t a friend of over 20 years have a discussion with you that ended with: agree to disagree?

1 Like

Amen dear sister…BE COURAGEOUS>>>STAY BRAVE>>>JESUS WILL GIVE YOU STRENGTH TILL THE END. Maranatha

3 Likes

Hi James. Thanks for your post. To me, what this boils down to is did Satan actually have kingdoms to offer Christ. In the narrative of that event we are not told how true or inaccurate Satan’s claims are, nor in what way this was a temptation exactly for Christ. We might disagree if Satan actually had this authority or not, and that is a fair argument. But as to how and in what way juxtaposed with Daniel 4:25 is a reasonable debate.

Now something in favor to how you are looking at this, asking in what way did Christ destroy the works of the devil is reasonable. Amen. I believe Hebrews and John disclose this as it relates to the current status on earth:

Hebrews 2:14
Therefore, since the children share in flesh and blood, He Himself likewise also partook of the same, that through death He might render powerless him who had the power of death, that is, the devil,

1 John 3:8
the one who practices sin is of the devil; for the devil has sinned from the beginning. The Son of God appeared for this purpose, to destroy the works of the devil.

And to the credit of where you are coming from (that Satan’s influence over the kingdoms of this world were not demolished), I believe these verses show favor your way in that whatever was destroyed (at least as it relates to our temporal experience) has current temporal limits. We know Jesus conquered death…yet for ages death (for the temporal time being) still reigns in our realm…but not ultimately. Amen.

I would say that John 14:30 is not the best demonstration of Satan not being destroyed in that most commentators consider this verse to reference Judas’s betrayal and the underworld pushing for Christ’s persecution and death, which is a finite near term mission at the time Jesus said this and for what reason He said it. It does not appear Jesus said it in the sense of an ongoing reign, but rather for what was about to bring closure to Christs current (pre-cross) ministry on earth. Having said that, I don’t think it is accurate to say that Jesus did not destroy Satan at the cross for we know He did. But that being destroyed (as experienced temporarily) would be in the Hebrews 2:14 & 1 John 3:8 sense.

The articles that I referenced for Casey (CLE) was to compare Jesus temptation with Daniel 4:25. And as it explores the balance or tension there, the two best paragraphs in that article that supports its thesis are:

"Satan is the “ruler of this world” in the sense that he dominates fallen men through the power of sin and death, and through the instrumentalities of “the world” and “the flesh,” as well as through his direct intervention (“the devil”). He is not in control over kings and kingdoms, although he certainly influences them. Our Lord is the One who is in sovereign control of history, and of the nations, and thus the prophecies of the word of God are sure. God cannot predict the future if He does not control it.

Satan’s claim is only partially true, at best, and thus his offer is exceedingly hollow. It is worth noting that throughout the Bible Satan is continually offering others things which are not his own. He offers Adam and Eve the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, but it was not his to give. Our Lord, on the other hand, offers what He possesses, and the life which He offers is that which He has obtained at the cost of His own blood."

So I do think that although Bruce’s sense of Christ destroying Satan on the cross is biblical, he is not considering the weight in the verses that explain what that means temporarily. In contrast to that, I would also say that the article I posted for Casey to check out is not inaccurate and strives to bring informed biblical nuances to how we are looking at it. I think your king vs prince reference is a good analogy. Amen.

DISCLAIMER:
I am not exactly interested in Bruce’s videos. I have seen some and do have grave concerns with some of his approaches. The background I have from the reformation church is steeped in some pretty hardcore and jousting environments. Heavyweight banter, jockeying for position and argument in roughshod form do not distract me away from the points of biblical contention and where the accuracy concerning proper biblical context exists.

1 Cor 11:18-19 in the reformation church is assumed as approved doctrine for the church. However, I understand that this is not approved doctrine but rather Paul being sarcastic as to how outside of doctrine they were in their practice.

For, in the first place, when you come together [m]as a church, I hear that [n]divisions exist among you; and in part I believe it. 19 For there also have to be factions among you, so that those who are approved may become [o]evident among you…

I bring this up because in my church experience over the decades, where Bruce is unreasonably harsh is not where I draw that line. Although the case can certainly be made to not listen to those who are unreasonably harsh, amen. And for some, this is right. But as for the possibility within the body dynamic, we have Eph 4:13:

until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God, as we mature to the full measure of the stature of Christ.

Which as believers are strengthened in the Hebrews 5:14 way (…because of practice have their senses trained to distinguish between good and evil…), evil mishaps within any of our hearts may then be also further subject to the power of Christ in our hearts and lives in Romans 12:21: “Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.” And as love is perfecting and casting out fear of any mishap, immaturity, waning ideology of the heart that presents itself amiss of Romans 15:2 (…each of us should please our neighbors for their good, to build them up…), a clarity can present itself in what the potential of Romans 12:21 might look like in any given situation.

In other words…to the extent this forum deems it proper to protect our members for whom Christ died from unnecessary exposure to a current member as it relates to their connected status in other social media is in their jurisdiction to act upon. But to the extent God permits what He might in our midst to interact with…well because we are His in His kingdom in reference to our trials (in part) given, we know that God causes all things to work together for good in us…and also James 1:17 comes to mind (partially in context to our trails also given as it is in that context also related in James):

“Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or [p]shifting shadow.”

There are many believers that are from a more reformation background. Most of them believe the next thing to come is the millennial kingdom. We know NAR is among them. But NAR has not existed all that long, whereas believing that the next thing to come is not the tribulation but the reign of Christ has been a reformation belief for centuries. To the degree this is not our focus here, amen. I believe the tribulation is coming (having come out of the reformation movement myself). But the reality is there are likely more believers that side with the reformation position. And in that they are born again yet see differently is what we are faced with today as a church dynamic. Where some might use heavier roughshod tactics may speak to an unrefined disposition, a spiritual immaturity, or perhaps in a worse case scenario be an unbeliever (which could be the case in any denomination). This is where I believe James 2:12:

“So speak, and so act, as those who are to be judged by the law of freedom. 13 For judgment will be merciless to one who has shown no mercy; mercy [i]triumphs over judgment.”

…comes into play…even if the said opposition is not exactly operating in this sphere of obedience to scripture…it is incumbent upon believers to strive in refining our heats per James 2:12 when acting upon and facing adverse conditions. Or at least this is how I might look upon it currently…in the short term. Hope that makes sense to a degree. Blessings brother.

1 Like

Hi Bruce. I looked up some commentaries on the verse you brought up. Actually this is a good verse to bring up because it is the kind of thing the whole body can grow from working through it. Here is what I found in some general online commentaries. If you have some commentaries that suggest otherwise with sound biblical proof…I think this is where we might be able to further clear things up. Thanks :slight_smile:

Cambridge Bible for Schools and Colleges

shall … be cast out ] By the gradual conversion of unbelievers. This is a process which will continue until the last day.

Pulpit Commentary

“Now shall the prince of this world be east out” describes the gradual victory of truth, which is pursued more explicitly in the next verse. John 12:31

Barnes’ Notes on the Bible

Be cast out - His kingdom shall be destroyed; his empire shall come to an end. It does not mean that his reign over all men would entirely cease then, but that then would be the crisis, the grand conflict in which he would be vanquished, and from that time his kingdom begin to decline, until it would finally cease, and then be free altogether from his dominion. See Luke 10:18; Colossians 1:18-20; Acts 26:18; 1 Corinthians 15:25-26; Revelation 20:14.

1 Like

No. I agree James. Although if Satan were outright lying, Jesus would know Dan 4:25 and be like “Whatever dude.” I mean Jesus knew that. So whatever power Satan had, Jesus would know already His Father had more. I don’t think it is a matter of being deceived or not. That is not an issue on my table. Jesus would in no way be deceived by Satan.

Even if Satan had power, Dan 4:25 affirms obviously God had more. So no matter how we slice it, even if Satan did have power like that, in Jesus mind it would be more like exaggeration. Now Satan could have had this power, granted. But even so, Jesus would know its limited sense anyway. To derive doctrine from what Jesus did not say I don’t think is the best approach here. Jesus did not say Daniel 4:25, which He could have…and even in this context…it would have been true.

The temptation i see likely here is what I explained about the garden. When Jesus was crying out to the Father to take this cup from Him…He was willing to consider not going through with it if the Father permitted. So, if that was a test for Jesus without being in the wilderness and weak, to me it is possible that it would be a challenge for Christ to claim His stake in the game. An affirmation that He would go through with it and rightly received the inheritance of ruler of earthly kingdoms from the Father…because that is who Jesus was and was to become.

It’s almost like Jesus could have said, “Silly rabbit tricks are for kids, but as to worship…that only belongs to my Father…next.”

This is possibly true James. But I am ok with the tension that Satan may not have had all of that power. We know to some extend he did and does and will be most realized in the tribulation. But to what extent and exactly how that impacted the temptation, well scripture is silent there. You are welcomed to your conviction on that. But it is your conviction.

James, brother, I would ask you to please take some times in your replies. I took time to put this together. I did not rush to the judgement of my conviction. I considered. I am not saying Judas was a prince…lol. Nor were the commentators. Please hear what I am telling you. Disagree if you may…but please understand where I am coming from. The commentators see that when Jesus said “he is coming” it was in reference to the near term assault on Christ at the cross. Judas was a pawn in that game.

If you look at my latest post to Bruce, you will find my answer there. I believe those theologians are accurate on this point.

I believe my last post to Bruce in this regards in how I would be seeing it. I think it holds biblically. Blessings.

1 Like

I remember as a Calvinist it was understood that the devil was God’s devil and that everything was meticulously pre-ordained and that nothing happens that is not coming direct from God’s intent and sovereign will. God is sovereign but I do not see that to mean that God’s intent in His will is all the evil the devil does. Which I trust you are not saying…it just reminded me of this. But as in Job God was permitting Satan to assault him (limited reign). I think in this sense we see JFelts example of prince and king a reasonable analogy.

I know my posts can tend to be long, but I addressed this earlier…hopefully to some effect. But i would just say here Satan is “no god.” Nor do I think that is the issue. There is no sense at all in which satan is a god. He is a created being. The use of “god of this world” is metaphor. It would not mean that Satan is said in scripture to be a god. But scripture does recognize that he does have a measure of reign over it. Men and their eyes are on “earth.” That place in which Satan effects them. Therefore, he effecteth the earth in this said realm way. He seduces the elite, the elite use money, power, influence and prestige to effect his plan upon their vulnerable hearts. In this way doth this world system come under the influence of a demonic kingdom.

Expositors Greek Testament

2 Corinthians 4:4. ἐν οἷς ὁ Θεὸς τοῦ αἰῶνος : among whom the god of this world, sc. , Satan. αἰών is an “age,” a certain limit of time, and so ὁ αἰὼν οὑτός (1 Corinthians 1:20; 1 Corinthians 2:6) is “this present age,” over which the devil is regarded as having power

Ellicott’s Commentary for English Readers

(4) In whom the god of this world . . . —The word sounds somewhat startling as a description of the devil, but it has parallels in “the prince of this world” (John 14:30), “the prince of the power of the air” (Ephesians 2:2). The world which “lieth in wickedness,” perhaps in the evil one (1John 5:19), worships the spirit of hate and falsehood and selfishness, and in so doing it practically deifies the devil. And the work of that god of this world is directly in antagonism to that of God.

Barnes’ Notes on the Bible

The god of this world - There can be no doubt that Satan is here designated by this appellation; though some of the fathers supposed that it means the true God, and Clarke inclines to this opinion. In John 12:31, he is called “the prince of this world.” In Ephesians 2:2, he is called “the prince of the power of the air.” And in Ephesians 6:12, the same bad influence is referred to under the names of “principalities, and powers,” “the rulers of the darkness of this world,” and “spiritual wickedness in high places.” The name “god” is here given to him, not because he has any divine attributes, but because he actually has the homage of the people of this world as their god, as the being who is really worshipped, or who has the affections of their hearts in the same way as it is given to idols. By “this world” is meant the wicked world; or the mass of people. He has dominion over the world. They obey his will; they execute his plans; they further his purposes, and they are his obedient subjects. He has subdued the world to himself, and was really adored in the place of the true God; see the note on 1 Corinthians 10:20. “They sacrificed to devils and not to God.” Here it is meant by the declaration that Satan is the god of this world:

Matthew Poole’s Commentary

Though some, by the god of this world, understand the true and living God, the Lord of heaven and earth; yet the notion of the most interpreters, that it is the devil who is here called the god of this world, because he ruleth over the greatest part of the world, and they are his servants and slaves, is most consonant to Scripture: for though we no where else find him called the god of this world, yet our Saviour twice calls him the prince of this world, John 12:31 14:30; and our apostle, Ephesians 2:2 , calls him the prince of the power of the air. The effect also doth more properly belong to the devil, than unto God, who no otherwise blindeth the eyes of them than either permissively, by suffering them to shut their own eyes, or judicially. And the apostle declares, that those who are so blinded are such persons as.

CONCLUSION
The Catholics believe as such as you that the reign of Christ is next to come and not a tribulation. This is why the reformation church also believes that…they got it from the Catholic church. Sure there may be many false alarmists as we see all over youtube (as well as those who may more accurately see trends to be concerned about as well). And some people do over reacting to said end times. Sure, that happens. I believe we are seeing “some” strong indicators that it is end times and a tribulation ensuing. But whether I do or don’t, all those things have no bearing on your take of the future as an accurate one at all, necessarily. Having the Catholic church having its long held doctrines passed over to the reformers is not your strong suit. Although I do see you make genuine attempts to understand. Amen.

1 Like

This rings so true. Have you seen this testimony? DR. BAKER BRAVELY SAYS HE WILL NOT SEE ANY VAXXED PATIENTS!
About spiked protein affecting non vx people. Masks and distancing is good now.

2 Likes

This Sunday BP:

https://www.rt.com/news/522967-germany-global-reset-pandemic/

3 Likes

I state unequivocally that it is not my place as a member of the community here to decide if or how long you will stay. That is a decision for the moderators. My question is why are you here? This has nothing to do with not being able to handle different views or opinions but everything to do with the question I ask, “why are you here?” since you detest and mock Pastor Farag on your YouTube channel with such words and phrases as below:

1. J. D. Farag has gone off the rails. He’s officially lost. He is no longer a verifiable teacher of God’s Word.
  2. You vilify him. You called him a charlatan and wished you didn’t have to talk about this guy anymore.
  3. You state he is dividing the body over the vaccine and teaching hogwash with hysterical mind-numbing conspiracy theories.
  4. You don’t think he is doing well mentally.
  5. He no longer teaches on the Middle East and hasn’t for over a year. That is an outright life, but I’ll leave that to you to find his update speaking directly about Israel and Saudi Arabia and a pipeline.
  6. He is going to look like the fool he is in a couple of years.
  7. He just makes up stuff. Right-wing conspiracy nut-job theories.
  8. The guy is a showman, disgusting and a pervert.
  9. You are so ill-educated, Bruce, you did not understand when Pastor JD spoke of LENIN, you thought he was talking about Lennon (John Lennon, I guess). That showed a lot about your educational level.
  10. You state Pastor JD is scripture twisting that the vaccine is the mark of the beast. JD has never said that. It is the forerunner for the mark of the beast. You should view all of his prophecy updates instead of cherry picking as you did in your latest video to get some understanding of just where we are in this end-times timeline and how the vaccine applies.
  11. Calvary Chapel should tell JD to shut up.

I’ve only touched the tip of the iceberg with you and your vendetta against Pastor Farag any and all Holy Spirit filled, Bible believing, biblically grounded, Jesus loving pastors and teachers such as Pastor Farag. The members here love and appreciate his ministry to each one of us. We are here on this forum individually to encourage, minister to, and love each other. Why?

John 13:34: A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

Luke 6:35 - But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.

But I also warn you:

Proverbs 12:8: A man shall be commended according to his wisdom: but he that is of a perverse heart shall be despised.

Proverbs 19:1: Better [is] the poor that walketh in his integrity, than [he that is] perverse in his lips, and is a fool.

Again, I ask you why are you here? Why are you here at this forum at jdfarag.org, a site that you hold in such contempt for its beloved pastor?

Let’s indeed let the community decide whether to have you. There will be no further conversation between us because I am dusting my sandals and walking away. I will pray feverently for you that you come to that place on which our beloved Apostle Paul found himself - the Damascus Road.

25 Likes
13 Likes

wow I really relate to this sentence. thank you for your expression here

3 Likes

Bruce, I really do wonder why you’re here. I’ve gone to websites tied to the enemy, like Planned Parenthood’s site, and I sent these types of places a single message that I felt they needed to hear. something to give them a slice of accountability. if they’d had a forum on their sites, I probably would have posted at least one thing on them. and yes, to hopefully show them the errors of their ways. in love, the best I can at least. is that why you’re here? I just haven’t noticed any posts from you that were for pure fellowship, giving someone support or a kind word or prayer, etc. I have not looked at your file of posts so I’m sorry if I’ve missed those types of posts from you. I am just saying I notice your pattern from what I’ve seen is a lot like what I have when I’m somewhere online for the purpose of shedding light in the room. is that why you’re here? or do you really want to be one of the community? I think we all want to know that, and I can’t see you and I love giving benefit of the doubt when I don’t feel totally right about someone, so even though some people are already familiar with you, I’m going to wait it out before making a call on it. thanks for coming to talk to us, really. makes the forum interesting to see how these things turn out. <3

6 Likes

https://sputniknews.com/middleeast/202105071082829781-at-least-178-reportedly-injured-as-clashes-between-palestinians-israeli-police-ongoing-in-jerusalem

2 Likes

Dear Gracings, I have always found that it helps to cut a big thing into small pieces. So when I go shopping I may buy 2 things instead of one. In your case you could begin with buying some bigger containers with water and put them away. Because we have often disasters (flooding, bush fires etc) here in Australia, I have also bit by bit collected camping stuff (even though I don’t do camping). Because I don’t want to end up in a big hall with lots of people. Having the basics of camping stuff means we can chuck it in the ute and trailer and set it up in a place where we are can look after ourselves. Just start with one thing instead of looking at the big picture. Blessings from Down Under.

3 Likes

Thank you, Geertje.:heartpulse: I need to step back and see what I already do, because, to be honest, I live in the country and really do keep a lot of things on hand. Your posts reminded me of that as I popped into a couple of cupboards, today and noticed my “stash” of more than a few things. The water issue would be a great and doable focus for me, yes, Thank you, dear sister.:revolving_hearts:

3 Likes

However, a bidet does not work when water fails. :slight_smile: