November 19, 2023: 3 John 1:1-8 -- An Attitude of Gratitude

:bible2: 3 John 1:1-8 – An Attitude of Gratitude

Pastor JD :hawaiianshirt_1: talks about why it’s both spiritually healthy and physically healthy to possess an attitude of gratitude instead of taking everything for granted.

Watch on JDFarag.org
JD_Gratitude_cover

Or watch here on youtube

:mag_right: More recent services can be watched here!

13 Likes

Something I pray for each of us to have. “Please change our attitude to gratitude”. Kind of laughed and had my eyes bug out when I saw the title card (considering that part of my prayer). I think this should really hit home with us harder than it might. I mean, how many of us would enjoy hearing or reading a letter from someone who states:

I heard from a few people lately about your ongoing pursuits and how it shows a Godly change in you that your walk with Jesus is steadfast and of sure footing nowadays. I’m thrilled to hear of all the wonderful events that Jesus has been creating through you for so many and how in turn, they are following your example! That’s awesome!

The point was really driven home about the need, especially now to have gratitude in our hearts and to even go so far as to tie it in to James 1:2. Pretty powerful study yesterday.

14 Likes

I am most grateful to the Lord for keeping me centered and on the straight and narrow. Iam very grateful to you Pastor for bringing me the Truth of sound doctrine and being my earthly good shepherd.
I believe I have been blessed more than anyone!
It is extremely dark where I live but Thursday we will open our home to an unsaved family member and maybe a new neighbor. The thought is a little daunting so I will need to rely on the Lord to help me be gracios and loving.
(since May I have lost most of my eyesight)

May you and all the Farag family have a blessed Thanksgiving appreciating and loving one another!

13 Likes

10 Likes

This is just me.
Many here have made known, including me, of how Pastor JD has touched our hearts, said something just the right way at the right time and we give thanks to Jesus and our Father for him.

As our redemption draws so very close so too does the controlled release of satan. We have shared the battles of ours against satan inc. and the grace and mercy given us when we acknowledge that without these blessings we would be crushed by him.
Our ability to fellowship through this forum could be blocked any moment through the powers allowed by God to satan. Like me, many are living without a home church. I refuse to be conjoined with others that have an almost sound doctrine. Oh, it’s pretty close. Nope. I grew up in one of those churches. satan is subtle. The loss of this church, the work of my brothers and sisters in the administering of their gifts and time, the shear availability gifted me by God to reach them: I have and do give thanks to Him.

I have seen JD’s stress, his fortitude to resist satan’s attacks. His health, in all respects, is responding to the constant barrage of evil’s fiery arrows. It is easy to say, stand strong in the Lord, but it is a much harder thing to remain standing when the battle intensifies with brutality, bloodlust sought by satan. It goes on and on daily. Jesus said to the church of Philadelphia in Revelation 3:8, " I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name." Jesus knows JD. Still yet, he really needs our prayers. We can build him up again, renew his strength, make better his joy. And doing so the body, his and ours, will feel the blessings of hospitality in Spirit. Let us pray for JD, his wife who is carrying the same stress differently, and their children who I sense are living in satan’s crosshairs.

Let us pray for each other.
I’m listening for the shout from God’s watchman in Heaven, to be looking up already when the shofar blows.
Please Father, turn to your Son, tell Him, It is time, go! get your Bride.

Blessings

14 Likes

Good evening from the southern Canadian prairies!
Just wanted to share a message from one of my all-time favorites who you probably never heard of.
Grace and peace :slight_smile:

Let us praise the Lord! Giving Him thanks for His love, mercy, and grace. Praise Him even if you are going through trials, because it is good before God. He loves us and always wants the best for us. Jeremiah 29:11-13 says so. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::yum:

2 Likes

If anyone gets on here, I have a challenge for you all this Thanksgiving…either find a scripture or a song that is about giving thanks, glory, praise, and worship to our God in heaven. If anyone finds it…find some that are old testament examples of praise and thankfulness. One scripture verse or more. I hope you all will play along…my verse was already presented earlier

3 Likes

images.jpeg-3 (1)

My God and my Father, forgive me for complaining.

Grumbling comes as naturally to me as weeds to a garden.

Help me, Lord, to replace grumbling with gratitude.

Help me say: Thank you, Lord, for the sun, moon, and stars; “For the beauty of the earth, for the glory of the skies,
for the love which from our birth over and around us lies.”

Help me say: “Thank you, Lord, for the little blessings of the day—slippers for my feet, warm water from the tap, steaming coffee in the cup."

Thank you for the greater blessings of life, for every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places through Christ!

Thank you for every good and perfect gift coming down from heaven. And thanks be to God for His indescribable gift! Thank You for Jesus!

Lord, when I have too much to do or too much to bear, teach me to take things one by one, and each with thanksgiving,
and each in Jesus’ Name,

Amen.

8 Likes

@pbandj and all.
Praise God. He is still working.

11 Likes

Yes! The coffee. Abba is so good to us! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Psalm 121 and 91 took on a whole meaning for that soldier. Now, we should pray it was a move towards repentance and salvation for him and many in the idf and thier families, to know Yeshua as thier Messiah. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

God bless you :cupid:

2 Likes

God bless you too :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone who reads this.

Many blessings to you. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

Revelation 5:12
“Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honor, and glory, and blessing.”

5 Likes

…and to you too dear Casey. Hope you had a wonderful day filled with God’s love and boundless joy.

3 Likes

Thanksgiving dinner was very good and we enjoyed having Mike’s unsaved sister here,/ We kept the conversation lively during both the meal and dessert.Then I believe Mike felt it was time to be serious and began telling Denise that our time on this earth was extremely short now. Heheld up an extra house key he had made and said, “you know what this is” and she responded, "a rapture key’. " I did not know Mike had already given her our key and even called it the rapture key.Anyway, this happened a few years agoand she had lost the key so this would be her 2nd key.
We both insisted that she needs to call out to Christ who is the only One who can save her, etc
I followed Mike lead to keep it short. Wen ended it by saying we hope she accepts Christ and never needs to use our key.
Although a very lovely day of sharing our loove for each other, our hearts sank as we heard her resistance for the umpteenth time.
But Mike and I are leaving this in God’s loving and merciful hands. We can rest [n knowing we’ve done all we could do/
MARANATHA!

13 Likes

Yes, Susan. God will not stop speaking to her heart because you planted a seed there. Stick her picture on your fridge like people used to do in the 70’s when kids were missing. Pray for her every time you see it and ask that she will soon be found totally surrendered to Jesus. I will pray for Denise also. I want to see her face in heaven so badly.

Holy Spirit, hear our plea today for this precious soul who has been deceived. Impress on her heart the shortness of time and her need for a Savior. Give Susan and Mike complete peace that you are working it all out for their good. We ask this in the mighty name of Yeshua, Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior, amen!

10 Likes

Amen!
Thank you so much. I am blind so I will ask the Lord to remind me.
Please let me know if I can pray for someone on your hert ( Hug)

3 Likes