October 29, 2023: Bible Prophecy Update – The Truth In Love

Amen, brother :pray:.

1 Like
2 Likes

“This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance,

that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief.”

‭‭I Timothy‬ ‭1‬:‭15‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Thank God for His grace towards us, without Jesus we would all die in our pride.

2 Likes

Rom 8, 9-10 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

Gal 2, 20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Joh 1, 11-13 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

1Jn 5, 18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

Mat 3, 11-12 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:
Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.

2 Likes

Who is who John speaking to? And are you saying believers will not or can not sin? If so I posted these scriptures if not they may still relevant.

Paul is speaking to us in this age of grace.
Context: Addressed to Sinners
Dead to Sin, Alive to God
Romans 6
…5For if we have been united with Him like this in His death, we will certainly also be united with Him in His resurrection. 6We know that our old self was crucified with Him so that the body of sin might be rendered powerless, that we should no longer be slaves to sin. 7For anyone who has died has been freed from sin.…

Context: Paul to the Gentiles and to any Jew that would accept it
Struggling with Sin

Romans 7
…19For I do not do the good I want to do. Instead, I keep on doing the evil I do not want to do. 20And if I do what I do not want, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it. 21So this is the principle I have discovered: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me.…

22For in my inner being I delight in God’s law. 23But I see another law at work in my body, warring against the law of my mind and holding me captive to the law of sin that dwells within me. 24What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death?…

25Thanks be to God, through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, with my mind I serve the law of God, but with my flesh I serve the law of sin.…

Context: To Believing Sinners waiting to be Glorified.
Romans 6
Dead to Sin, Alive to God
…5For if we have been united with Him like this in His death, we will certainly also be united with Him in His resurrection. 6We know that our old self was crucified with Him so that the body of sin might be rendered powerless, that we should no longer be slaves to sin. 7For anyone who has died has been freed from sin.

We are not finished work if we were then why would we still be here?

If we can’t sin one would think we have been glorified. Spiritually we are not sinners right now on earth Paul seems to say in the flesh we still are.

Shalom

6 Likes

Giving Thanks in Times of Trouble

By Hal Lindsey

As the Bible describes the days leading up to the Lord’s return, a word pops up over and over again. That word is “trouble.” The seven years of tribulation are known as “the time of Jacob’s trouble” (Jeremiah 30:7). But that won’t last. Isaiah 65:16 speaks of the millennium, a time after the tribulation when, “the former troubles are forgotten.”

The world is rapidly being prepared for the tribulation period. Christians are destined to be rescued from the world before the actual hurricane hits, but the outer bands are already kicking up quite a storm.

Whatever your view of the end times, you probably agree that the world is in a particularly troubled state right now. And it looks as though it could get much worse very quickly. I feel for today’s politicians, ordinary men and women trying to stave off chaos even as they watch the house around them rattle, creak, and break.

The Bible has much to say about God’s people in times of trouble. Psalm 9:9-10 says, “The Lord also will be a refuge for the oppressed, A refuge in times of trouble. And those who know Your name will put their trust in You; For You, Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You.”

Do you know His name? That involves knowing Him and the kind of Person He is — that He is ever faithful and ever true. Have you put your trust in Him? This is a good time to renew that trust, to remember who He is, and that you can always count on Him. Psalm 107:1 says, “Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever.”

Psalm 69:30 says, “I will praise the name of God with a song, And will magnify Him with thanksgiving.” In the United States of America, our ancestors bequeathed many gifts to us — not the least of which is a special day set aside to do exactly what the Psalm says, “magnify Him with thanksgiving.”

Psalm 147:7 says, “Sing to the Lord with thanksgiving.” We sing because our hearts are full when we consider God’s goodness and graciousness to us. But even when our hearts don’t feel full, we sing anyway because His goodness and graciousness are real and true regardless of our mood or circumstance.

Maybe like Martha in Luke 10:41, “You are worried and troubled about many things.” If so, try to be more like her sister Mary. In verse 42, Jesus said, “Mary has chosen that good part, which will not be taken away from her.” Choose the good part, and it will not be taken away from you. Choose thanksgiving. Choose to see the infinite expressions of God’s love for you.

Never forget what Jesus said in John 14:1-3. “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.”

In verse 27 of that chapter, He added this. “Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.”

That’s for you — a gift this Thanksgiving from the Lord of the universe.

The soul of the new creation awaits the new spiritual body it will receive at the rapture. I’m talking about souls filled with faith (“that we should no longer be slaves to sin”).

We know from Scripture that flesh and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom. There must be a separation of the soul (blood) and the spirit, because the blood in which the spirit is immersed does not inherit the Kingdom of God, but the spirit is saved. And what’s next? This spirit, in the process of new birth, is first immersed in the Holy Spirit, and then it is filled with the Spirit. We know from the parable of the wise and foolish virgins that the foolish (50%?) did not purchase enough oil in time.

It all depends on what stage of the new birth process the disciple of the Lord is at. It is like the journey of the Israelites from Egypt into Canaan, but spiritual. Although today, those who have broken with sin once and for all and fully believed, fully trusted, have entered into His rest (Heb 4, 1). If looking back (to one’s own justice or old conscience) were not possible, there would be no warnings. Unbelief is sin, and entering rest has a price.

However, these words seem to be addressed to everyone:

Rev 3, 17-19 Because you say, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and noint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.
As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

So let us break our hearts before God, let us ask, let us knock while there is still time (“lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.”)

Shalom!

1 Like

Is that even possible, that sounds like a work of God, not man. I can see that we should allow our hearts to be broken by the Holy Spirit, Is this what you mean?

The Sabbath Rest
Hebrews 4
…10For whoever enters God’s rest also rests from his own work, just as God did from His. 11Let us, therefore, make every effort to enter that rest, so that no one will fall by following the same pattern of disobedience. 12For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it pierces even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow. It judges the thoughts and intentions of the heart.…

And when we fall short:

Context
Romans 3
Righteousness through Faith
…22And this righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no distinction, 23for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24and are justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus.…

Shalom

First repentance/penance, then zeal. I am also sure that it is God who creates in us both the will and the doing, and at the same time wants us to seek Him. In one word - Predestination. We need faith in God’s providence and mercy without moving away from fear of Him. I think that everyone on the path of discipleship will honestly admit that you have to ask God for everything, but you also have to give (back) everything to Him. Also Faith is a gift from God.

Rom 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference

There is no “in” in this verse.

2 Likes

Pete just curious. What is your position on Calvinism and Lordship Salvation? And how might you view 1 Cor 3:10-15…

10 According to the grace of God which was given to me, like a wise master builder I laid a foundation, and another is building on it. But each person must be careful how he builds on it. 11 For no one can lay a foundation other than the one which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12 Now if anyone builds on the foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, or straw, 13 each one’s work will become evident; for the day will show it because it is to be revealed with fire, and the fire itself will test [e]the quality of each one’s work. 14 If anyone’s work which he has built on it remains, he will receive a reward. 15 If anyone’s work is burned up, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet only so as through fire.

Is the person that builds with wood, hay, or straw using those ingredients in good faith? Are those lesser works? Or in what way would sin (pride, sloth, indifference, selfishness, jealously, envy etc.) not be a conssiderable application of what is meant by wood, hay, or straw?

1 Like

It is building on the right foundation, in zeal and good faith, but isn’t it in human, sensual faith? Faith, which cannot withstand the test of fire, is now a contrast, and at the same time it is fire (the symbol of Love) that tests this faith. And if these works are burned, are they works at all and not a ‘waste of time’? Isn’t this the same fire we are talking about as in Matthew 3:11?
1Co 3, 21 Therefore let no man glory in men. (so as to divide into parties on their account). So I am not talking about Calvinists or other groups either.

1 Like

Thanks. Ok, so it sounds like you are saying that the real point is that the works you have indicate your foundation? Like “by their fruit you will know them?” So you are saying that the people whose works are burned are not saved? The reason i ask is because in the next verse, doesn’t it say:

15 If anyone’s work is burned up, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet only so as through fire.

It seems that this person’s works were burnt up having nothing to do with the founation. It had to do with the works. How if his works are burnt up is he saved if he had the wrong foundation and that is why his works are being burnt up though?

I would see them as diffrent fires. Here is why…Matt 3:10 (the verse before) to me suggests destroying the temple in 70 AD, and the added 70th week for rejecting their messiah…as he was speaking with the Pharisees (in Rev 14:18–the reapers–implies judgement).

V. 10
And the axe is already laid at the root of the trees; therefore, every tree that does not bear good fruit is being cut down and thrown into the fire.

There is also a sense where God refines Israel through fire by taking them through the 70th week:

Zechariah 13:9
“And I will put this third into the fire, and refine them as one refines silver, and test them as gold is tested. They will call upon my name, and I will answer them. I will say, ‘They are my people’; and they will say, ‘The Lord is my God.’”

Context can become very tricky, i know, i have had to unravel so much improper context over the years…an i am sure will still have years of it yet to go, amen. But maybe something like this you might find helpul in some way in your studies?

25 Bible Verses About Tested by Fire (With Commentary) - Scripture Savvy

. . . . .

The way i understand fire in the bible seems to be especially intricately related to context, context, contextt. The pillar of fire (representing the fire of God…the glory of God) guided them in the wilderness in Exodus. The fire discending from the sky in Soloman’s time represented the glory of God which immediately filled the temple man could not enter: 2 Chronicles 7:1-3. Acts 2 “tongues of fire” represents God’s glory resting upon men…or God to now dwell personally with men. Fire mentioned In 1 Peter 1:3-9 is closer to 1 Cor 3 in that it is a fire that refines us with difficulties and/or trails…refining us for our good…fire to burn away the fat and dross of our character that is not still yet pleasing to God–as we live and move and have our being during our lifetime on earth.

1 Peter 1:3-9
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 to obtain an inheritance which is imperishable, undefiled, and will not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, 5 who are protected by the power of God through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. 6 In this you greatly rejoice, even though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been distressed by various [b]trials, 7 so that the [c]proof of your faith, being more precious than gold which perishes though tested by fire, may be found to result in praise, glory, and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ; 8 and though you have not seen Him, you love Him, and though you do not see Him now, but believe in Him, you greatly rejoice with joy inexpressible and [d]full of glory, 9 obtaining as the outcome of your faith, the salvation of [e]your souls.

. . . . .

As for Calvinism, i think that is a good and helpful answer. Thanks Pete. It reminded me to look up the deeds of the flesh and how making divisions like that are deeds of the flesh. Which puts a whole new universe on my journey out from reformed theology. I was just asking because Lordship Salvation is often associated with Calvinism. And some of your views kind of sound like a Lordship Salvation theology…which is often associated with Calvinism. Lol…yeah i could see how you would see a man’s last name branding a view of God’s word and you not even to be open responding to that hot mess…lol. Had to laugh because i see that is kind of an issue these days where i would in great part concur with some of your concerns. Blessings.

2 Likes

I pointed out that they build on a good foundation, which suggests a loss of reward rather than salvation, because they built on human doctrines, on theologies, making divisions and distinctions. And that’s what this entire passage of Scripture is about. The loss of reward awaits every backslider who has not fully used all his talents for the glory of Him who gave them.

Joh 15:2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth* it, that it may bring forth more fruit.

(*) kathairō - to cleanse, that is, (specifically) to prune; figuratively to expiate: - purge.

First repentance/penance, then zeal. First purity, then fruitfulness.

Pro 11, 31 Behold, the righteous shall be recompensed in the earth: much more the wicked and the sinner.

2 Likes

Stacey,
Read 1 John with him. We are supposed to test our faith. Ask him how his faith stands… if he has evidence for it… then share the full gospel seriously… Most likely they are both professing Christians not born again.
Gotquestions has a great article on it titled, “what are some of the signs of genuine saving faith”?
Its time to get serious with him.

4 Likes

The link you provided no longer works, but if anyone would like to explore this topic further, Gotquestions has a useful article on this topic called: “What does it mean to be tested by fire (1 Peter 1:7)?”

1 Like

Sorry to intrude, no need to respond just making a point that I believe is important in this discussion.

The Apostle John tells us,

“If we walk in the light, as he is in the light,
we have fellowship with one another,
and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin.” (1 John 1:7)

Notice this does not say cleansed us but cleanses us. In other words a little dab will not do you its all and always going on.

Brother it would seem the Blood is Continually washing your sins away. The Lord continually upholds the creation. He is never stopping the process of upholding all creation. It doesn’t seem to be any different than Yeshua will always have the nail scars as a continual reminder to all what price He paid and it is eternally continuing by and for Himself…

Hebrews 1:3
The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of His nature, upholding all things by His powerful word. After He had provided purification for sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high.

Proverbs 8:22,23
The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old…

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only-begotten Son, that whoever believeth in him, should not perish, but have everlasting life.

eternal
αἰώνιον (aiōnion)
Adjective - Accusative Feminine Singular
Strong’s 166: From aion; perpetual.

It sounds to me that we are continually being saved, we always will be relying continually on Elohim for everything.

Salvation and Creation are not stagnant they are a continual eternal event.
At least that’s what I see with my understanding of scripture.

Shalom

3 Likes

There were two hunchbacked men. One of them, seeing the Lord of Peace passing by, kept calling to Him: Lord, have mercy, straighten my back!
The Lord had compassion on him and it was done as he wished.
He jumped joyfully, danced, and spread the word about the Lord who had straightened his back.
But when he met the other one - no, no, he didn’t call him: You hunchback! (lol) - the hunchbacked man started telling him that he still had a hump, but he couldn’t see it…

1Jn 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

If, after all I’ve wrote, you say that I sin, that I am a transgressor, show me in the Law.

Salvation includes:

• 1st step - justification (by faith, NOT dependent on my works)
  • 2nd step - growth (requires my collaboration, my works will affect my growth)
  • 3rd step - glorification (not dependent on my works)

In the 2nd step, we are supposed to grow by conforming our minds and actions to the will of God.
We play a role in this step, not only our actions, but even the tiniest thought has to be conformed to the Lord Jesus.

Perfection is attained in the 3rd step - our glorification.
Once glorified, we will have no more sinful nature in us, no more ability to sin.

Until then, we’re still in the GROWTH step (number 2). Unfortunately, even though we grow, we still miss the mark at times. Sad but true, and hence our longing to get to Glorification. God’s requirement is nothing less than perfect. We can miss the target even by a tiny thought, let alone actions.

That’s my understanding.

God bless you brothers! I look forward to our perfect fellowship in Heaven!

2 Likes

We can only miss the target if we look back.

Blessings!

Amen. And sometimes that fire is a camp fire out of control. And sometimes that fire is a forest fire.

1 Like