October 29, 2023: Bible Prophecy Update – The Truth In Love

Zep 3, 8 Therefore wait ye upon me, saith the LORD, until the day that I rise up to the prey: for my determination is to gather the nations, that I may assemble the kingdoms, to pour upon them mine indignation, even all my fierce anger: for all the earth shall be devoured with the fire of my jealousy.

1Jn 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
1Jn 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
1Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1Jn 1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
1Jn 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
1Jn 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
1Jn 2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

I don’t know how it could be any clearer. John is writing to believers because he calls them his little children.

If YOU say you DO NOT SIN, you are deceiving yourself and calling God a liar and his word is not in You.

The very fact that you say that you do not sin, PROVES that you are a sinner.

It is written in HIS word.

Blessings

4 Likes

There were two sinners… (before His Blood has cleansed us)

1 Like

Yes, there was Billy and Bob. Bob accepted the free gift of salvation but Billy did not.
Bob became a new creation but his old nature was still inside of him and he battles with it daily.

God tells us we will battle the old nature until we are glorified.
We will always have sin in us until our natural bodies are transformed.

The Spirit lives inside of us and helps us daily when we sin - and WE DO sin daily. He convicts us of that sin and we confess and are forgiven. That is part of our growing process.

As one grows in the Lord they realize more and more how sinful they really are. The Holy Spirit points out daily things that I never knew were sins before. I am more sinful now than when I started out - or so I think.

We begin as babies in the Lord and grow into the new person until we are glorified.
That is how I understand it all.

Edit: His blood cleansed us but did not remove the sin nature. That’s why a baby can be born totally innocent and yet it still has the sin nature inside of it. That was the curse put on us in the garden of Eden and that is why Jesus is coming back to glorify us.

4 Likes

No. WE DO NOT sin daily. We believe that Christ is justified by faith, not by works, and that those who are so justified do not live in sin. We are free from sin and live in this mortal body by faith in the Son of God. We are dead to sin. WE, who are born of God.

Rom 8, 1-2 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

1 Like

That is sooo true @DallasT.

If God were to show us the whole depth of our sinfulness before being born again, I don’t think we could cope with it, without the shield of His salvation.

But as you stated, the more we grow, the more we realize the depth of our sinfulness, and as a result, we appreciate more His amazing Grace towards us.

Praise the Lord for He has redeemed us with His precious blood!

4 Likes

That is what GOD’S WORD says.

There is no condemnation if we are in Christ and walking after the Spirit. It does not say there is no sin.
We are free from the law of sin and death but we are not free from sin and death. Christians die every day just as Christians sin every day.

Rom 7:14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
Rom 7:15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
Rom 7:16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
Rom 7:17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
Rom 7:18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
Rom 7:19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
Rom 7:20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
Rom 7:21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
Rom 7:22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
Rom 7:23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
Rom 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
Rom 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

4 Likes

Per the discussion about Christians and sin:

Yes, we have been and are forgiven. Amen!

No, none of us can 100% say that we never harbor any ugly in our thoughts, at the very least.

• Do we ever fret even a tiny bit? Worry

• Do we ever seethe just a little? Unrighteousness anger

• Do our eyes linger a little over that eye candy? Lust or idolatry or covetousness

There are far more things that I could list.

I have yet to find anyone who can admit that they have 100% control over their thoughts. There may be some/many who have excellent guards over their emotions and actions, but ugly thoughts come unannounced, sometimes.

Forgiven? Yes.

Still sinning in life? Unfortunately.

I should add that I HATE my sinning.

13 Likes

Good Morning, (Continuing)

AMEN! I agree with you. The verses quoted before the ones you shared, say as much. ( I will use the ISV because it is easier to understand)

Rom 3:21 But now, apart from the Law, God’s righteousness is revealed and is attested by the Law and the Prophets—
Rom 3:22 God’s righteousness through the faithfulness of Jesus the Messiah—for all who believe. For there is no distinction among people,
Rom 3:23 since all have sinned and continue to fall short of God’s glory.
Rom 3:24 By his grace they are justified freely through the redemption that is in the Messiah Jesus,
Rom 3:25 whom God offered as a place where atonement by the Messiah’s blood would occur through faith. He did this to demonstrate his righteousness, because he had waited patiently to deal with sins committed in the past.

So we all have sinned and continue to sin but by God’s grace, he freely justifies us. When we sin we are to confess our sins and God forgives us. It was already accomplished on the cross, but God wants us to know how sinful we really are and to remind us of how unworthy we are. By recognizing we are sinners, we show that we understand that there is no way in ourselves we could ever ‘earn’ our own salvation. In that way, God gets all the glory continually.
Anyway, that is how I see it.

I think in these past few years we have already been getting a glimpse of how sinful man really is. I could have never imagined seeing and hearing some of what has been revealed. It is incredibly evil - even in churches. It is like God has stepped back - just a little - to let man see how wicked and evil we really could be. But for the Grace of God, go all of us.
I can’t imagine what evil will be unleashed when we are gone. Heaven help the people.

It is sad that the eyes of the Jewish people had to be blinded for a time, but soon they will be opened once again.
I heard a few pastors say that ‘Everyone has to worship something or someone. It seems to be in our nature.’ When one doesn’t worship the true and living God, they will still worship something. Even Atheists worship something. It might even be themselves.

It is an amazing time to be witnessing but sometimes I really wish we didn’t have to witness all of this. Hee Hee.
I am SOOOOOO glad we have that BLESSED HOPE of His soon return.

MARANATHA and Blessings Brother.

6 Likes

Wow, I had some time to catch up in here and I find over a week of discussion related to this (do Christians still sin or not). While skimming through all of the back and forth, a thought came to mind after reading this statement.

For what its worth–and maybe to help clarify what @anon28331375 @DallasT and @BABBAB58 have been trying to express to you–just because a person is no longer a slave to something doesn’t mean they are immediately free from the effects that its hold had on them. I can’t speak from experience of actual human slavery, but here’s what came to mind. Just after my Grandparents were married, my Grandfather was drafted into WWII (essentially a ‘slave’ to the army), sent overseas, experienced horrific things, was severely wounded and sent home.

Once he finally healed up enough, he started a fresh new life with my Grandmother, free from the army. One day on a leisurely walk together, my Grandfather shoved my Grandmother off the road into the ditch as a large noisy truck came upon them from behind. He didn’t do it out of hatred or malice but simply because the noise of the truck was similar to the army vehicles he once knew. It triggered a reaction before he could think, and that impulse was based on his memories of war and acting to get a comrade to safety. He of course helped her back up, apologised and by the time I came along many years later, I never saw anything but a compassionate, mild mannered man. I think sin is the same way. God does the initial work in us and we are immediately free spiritually, but in our flesh while still on this earth, it is a process. For some easier, for others more difficult.
Hopefully this is a helpful visual object lesson.

That said, I don’t have any desire to jump in my race car and go the full 200 laps this discussion seems to be aiming for, so bowing out now. :blush:

11 Likes

Yes and Amen Sister!
It seems the original design of all things requires memory to repeat its processes.

Context: Best examples I have and I take them literally.
Genesis 4:10
Cain Murders Abel
…9And the LORD said to Cain, “Where is your brother Abel?” “I do not know!” he answered. “Am I my brother’s keeper?” 10“What have you done?” replied the LORD. “The voice of your brother’s blood cries out to Me from the ground. 11Now you are cursed and banished from the ground, which has opened its mouth to receive your brother’s blood from your hand.…

Romans 8:19
Context: All things remember and are waiting.
Future Glory
18I consider that our present sufferings are not comparable to the glory that will be revealed in us. 19The creation waits in eager expectation for the revelation of the sons of God. 20For the creation was subjected to futility, not by its own will, but because of the One who subjected it, in hope…

Context: from the beginning, there has been a memory and some say when things are made new, we shall be able to talk and understand animals and other amazing things.

God Challenges Job
…6On what were its foundations set, or who laid its cornerstone, 7while the morning stars sang together and all the sons of God shouted for joy? 8Who enclosed the sea behind doors when it burst forth from the womb,…

Yes, I went overboard but the research was enjoyable.

Thanks for getting me started.
Maranatha

1 Like

And the waters churn. Martha is fussing about.

3 Likes

I hate mine, too!

5 Likes

I hate mine too!

Shalom

2 Likes

1 John 1:8-10

If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
If we say we have not sinned, we make Him out to be a liar, and His word is not in us.

9 Likes

Me too…

39786170_10161079030130647_1264772954189725696_n

8 Likes

Seeing all these “hate my sinning” is a relief. I would be sorely disappointed to be among people who love their sinning. It would mean at some where I took a wrong, very wrong turn. I can breathe a sigh of relief as I wipe the worry sweat from my brow. Please don’t scare me like that. :crazy_face: :upside_down_face: :joy:

9 Likes

1 John 2:1

My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you will not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate before the Father— Jesus Christ, the Righteous One.

9 Likes

Nice, very, very nice. You be rockin the house. :+1: :+1: :dart: :hearts:

10 Likes

He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.”
John 3:36

9 Likes