October 29, 2023: Bible Prophecy Update – The Truth In Love

1Jn 1, 6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth

1Co 6, 9-11 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

Mathew 24:5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

2 Likes

Psa 103,12-13 As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.
Like as a father pitieth his children, so the LORD pitieth them that fear him.

1 Like

I rest my case.

2 Likes

Well don’t stop there… :slight_smile:

1 John 1:6-10

If we say we have fellowship with Him yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth.

But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin.

If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

If we say we have not sinned, we make Him out to be a liar, and His word is not in us.

Being saved does not mean you still don’t sin, but you no longer make a practice of it. You have the power through Christ to make the choice not to, since you are no longer bound to sin without control and choice. He gives us the way out of it if we choose, and if we don’t He does not forsake us, and when we confess, He is faithful to forgive us and cleanse us of all of our sin and renew our corrupted mind as often as need be.

We do and will constantly stumble throughout our entire lives either by doing what we should not have, or not doing what we should have. This is why we have Jesus as our advocate to the Father.

We are given a new spirit that does not sin, but we still have our corrupted flesh and mind to deal with until death and resurrection or rapture.

This is the lesson of washing the feet of the disciples. We still exist in the world though we are not part of it. We walk the corrupted dust of the earth with our feet, but our whole body does not need to be washed again. This is cleansing when we confess our sins in the present and He removes it and cleanses us.

This is also known as Sanctification, which will go on till we die or are raptured. It is Christ’s work alone, and He will finish it, since He has already finished it (past, present, future) on the cross for all who are His.

The moment we are saved in Christ,

• We were Justified, and saved from the Penalty of Sin (Past tense)
  • We are being continually Sanctified in our mortal life, being saved from the Power of Sin (Present tense)
  • We will be Glorified (at Resurrection/Rapture with our new sinless bodies fit for eternity), and we will be saved from the Presence of Sin (Future tense).

All this to say, that you can not tell someone that because you are a Christian that you don’t sin. Yes you do, we all do. We will until He comes again for us.

It may not be what you meant, but to say it that way sounds like pride and arrogance.

This is the objection that everyone is speaking to. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

You can explain it however you want. I have already pointed to the One who set me free. I trust! I believe! The Blood of the Lamb has washed me!
Praise our Lord Jesus Christ! May the Holy Name of Jesus be exalted always and everywhere!

1Co 6:12 All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.

Well that’s good. Praise Jesus!

2 Likes

I do not advise anyone to add or subtract anything from the Cross of the Lord.

Mat 12:37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified*, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

(*) be justified, declared righteous, acquitted

1 Like

I am a little confused trying to understand your way of thinking. You mention “We,” who is the we you are speaking of? As many here have shown frrom both scripture and personal struggles that they still sin from time to time. Yet you claim some as of yet unknown “We” does not. Can you clarify who that “We” actually is?

2 Likes

Interesting verse that most never discuss.

Matthew 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

James 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

So not only does this person break the commandments, but also teachers other to do so, yet he gets to Heaven.

Humm…

5 Likes

I agree Humm, good scriptures you shared with us thanks so much.

Maranatha

3 Likes

A Sinning Born Again Believer

We as Christians will never stop sinning while in our current undegenerated body, nor does God expect that of us. That does not mean however that we should not stop sinning to the best of our ability. If we choose to live a lifestyle of sin we will not be happy and God will discipline us.

1 Peter 2:11 Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul;

The verse above is stating that as a Christian our soul will not be happy when we indulge in fleshly lusts.

Hebrews 12:6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
Hebrews 12:7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
Hebrews 12:8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.
Hebrews 12:9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?
Hebrews 12:10 For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.

The verses above state that God will discipline (chasten) us if we choose to live in sin.

7 Likes

We who walk, not according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. We, whom the Grace of God was revealed, bringing salvation to all people. The Grace of God that teaching us that, having renounced ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously and godly in this world; looking for the blessed hope and the glorious appearance of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, who gave himself for us, to redeem us from all iniquity; and to purify for Himself a people for his own possession, zealous for doing good deeds, so that he who opposes may be ashamed, having nothing bad to say about us.

We who, by the Lord’s advice, went against the sellers and bought for ourselves (Mat 25, 9). We who, by the counsel of the Lord, have followed righteousness (Mat 6, 33), and have been convicted of sin by the Holy Spirit (Joh 16, 8-11). We who, by the grace of God, the Lord Jesus, have been brought out of darkness into light (Col 1, 12-14), and are saved today (2 Co 6, 2; Rom 8, 24). We, for whom Jesus Christ - the Son of God is constantly the only purity of our new hearts and new consciences of faith (1 Tim 1, 5-10; Heb 10, 2; 1 Jn 3, 2-3). We, in whom the righteous judgment of the Law of Commandments, which is Death, has been fulfilled (Rom 8, 3-4), are therefore guided not by the Law of Commandments (Gal 3, 10), but by the Holy Spirit in faith (Gal 3, 23-25); and we are no longer in the flesh, although we still live in the flesh (Rom 8, 9-10; Gal 2, 20). We, immersed in the Holy Spirit (Acts 1, 5), covered with the coat of God’s justice fulfilled by God when the Court judgment for our sins fell on Jesus Christ - the Man ( : justified) (Isa. 61, 10; Jn 19, 30), born of the Holy Spirit, and with faith in the risen Jesus Christ our Lord, which has risen in our hearts like the dawn (2 Peter 1, 19; Rom 10, 9 -10) see God even today (Matt 5, 8; Jn 6, 40), because we belong to His Kingdom in which there is no sin (Mat 5, 8; Rom 4, 5-8; Jn 8, 30-36; John 3, 3).

Isa 55, 6-7 Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

Heb 3, 7-8 Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice,
Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness

Heb 3, 13 But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.

Psa 145:18 The LORD is nigh unto all them that call upon him, to all that call upon him in truth.

I asked a simple question. I can look up scripture verses as well. That is not what I was seeking. That I can find. I am curious if your “We” is a specific domination, a specific church, or a specific doctrinal group.

Now I will add who is the “he” and “us” in your statement.

If you are going to go dig up another laundry list of scriptures, please do not bother, just say you prefer not to say.

1 Like

We - the Lord’s disciples. People call us Christians.

For “us” see above. By “he” I meant anyone who judges himself, convinced in his own conscience that “he” is doing wrong.

So is it safe to say the many in this forum who disagree with your claim of not sinning are to be considered unsaved and not Christians?

1 Like

Absolutely not. It’s a lie to say so.

1 Like

Pausing topic to review