Prayer for upcoming Holy Land trip

I see that severe sandstorms are happening in Israel today…June 1, at about 5pm Israel time.

5 Likes

Wow, that’s awesome. I had a hope to visit the wailing wall, but I don’t think I will get to see Israel this side of the millennium

Thanks for going in our place.

3 Likes

Whew, now that’s a sandstorm in Israel.

6 Likes

I am not able to load all the Masada photos I’d like……
Today is my last day and I will get the rest of my trip including Masada posted soon

For now I’ll inform you all that made a friend the other day and am now contemplating getting a pet camel :camel: :grin:

11 Likes

Fun!
It was quite amazing to ride him while overlooking the city / Temple Mount area.

6 Likes

This camel might be one of my kinfolks, sure he has a bigger nose, but my smile is bigger :rofl:

5 Likes

Here are the pics of Masada , King Herod the Great’s compound he built to hide from Roman forces.
Father was Herod Antipotter , one son Antipas had John the Baptist beheaded :

10 Likes

Big Smiles are awesome!!

4 Likes

Garden of Gethsemane

11 Likes

Old City pics… the steps are to the temple and where I’m standing are the actually remnant steps where Jesus walked and where Mary and Joseph would’ve entered.
Because it’s impossible to type everything I’ve learned , please check out the history of these things for further details :grin:

One fact to share is that much of the city is still under ground despite much being excavated.
Ruins above ground specifically the walls of the temple area have larger stones towards the bottom and differing sizes above.
The stones that have an outer frame type carving are from what Herod rebuilt and are at the base up and are original structure. ( the wailing wall is actually a retaining wall by Herod but not a temple wall itself ( still ancient though ) Smaller rocks are from other empires …

10 Likes

Beautiful. I will read Chtist’s prayer here.

5 Likes

That’s a cute outfit! i’m godly jealous of you lol

4 Likes

Temple Mount
Dome of the Rock
Al asqa mosque

Of course the highest area of tension and disputing as we know the temple was here. The Dome is assumed to be where the Holy of Holies would’ve been and the Shekinah glory of God

I was bad , showing my calves so I had to put on this fashionable skirt.
In all seriousness though, it was a beautiful area and while peaceful, my heart went out to the spiritually blind Muslims here.

12 Likes

More old city pics and the Church of the Holy Sepulcher
( one reminder is that some of the areas are presumed sites for biblical historical events and some are certain )
The church here marking Christ’s place of death and resurrection is about 60% or higher accurate.
The stations of the cross as well. It’d be worthwhile to look up the stations for further explanation and photos to get a better reference of what all was believed to have occurred here at the time of his death, burial and resurrection.

9 Likes

It was really warm and very salty.

You could grab the mud from the bottom and rub it on your and after a few minutes when you wash it off your skin is so soft.
You’d also grab salt chunks with the mud.

5 Likes

Room of the Last Supper : this is the presumed site of the last supper

7 Likes

King David’s tomb

Some pics of an area of excavation revealing houses and what’s called bullas , ancient scroll seals with biblical names inscribed ( time of Jeremiah) … read the sign for reference

8 Likes

Hezekiah’s Tunnel: underground tunnel system built by the Canaanites (for reference read about the Jebusites) David conquered them and Hezekiah blocked the Northern entry as it was popular attack entry site with access to this water.
Also the pool of Siloam

8 Likes

The Garden Tomb : this is the second accepted site of Christ’s death, burial and resurrection.
While both the Church of the Holy Sepulcher and Garden tomb are probable sites , they both have pros and cons for support.

8 Likes

Valley of Elat where David fought Goliath

So while I have about 3000 photos , I can’t post them all. So to bring this thread to a close, I’ll post a few more pictures to share.

I hope sharing what I could has been a blessing to everyone.
It was a mind blowing, dream trip for which I’m forever grateful to have gone on and just validates the truth of scripture and of our Messiah who will be coming again soon.

And last remember who our Savior is ….

13 Likes