September 10, 2023: Bible Prophecy Update -- God’s Got All Your What If’s

I am not that much of a baby that my world will fall apart if I am still here next month however, I am man enough to know that my faith is not set on a date but rests in Jesus Christ.

That being said, if there are those who are excited about the Lord’s return for us at a time that we do not all agree on, LET THEM BE EXCITED. if there are those that are expectant for the Lord’s return for us at a time that we do not all agree on, LET THEM BE EXPECTANT.

I am excited and expectant regardless of if this is the exact time or not. DO NOT PUT OUT EACH OTHERS FIRE FOR THE LORD !!!

WE CAN ALL AGREE TO DISAGREE AGREEABLY !!!

LESS JAWBONE AND MORE BACKBONE !!!

18 Likes

Amen brother amen - thank you Lord for our blessings - MARANATHA

6 Likes

Amen Jimbo! Very well said.
gr

5 Likes

I agree 100% every word you said Jimbo! You nailed it! :blush:
Jesus come quickly
Maranatha
yes-please
yess-yes
clapping-mr-bean

9 Likes

Interesting you put that in your post as it can cut both ways. Just because people are excited, there is not requirement to broadcast it everywhere. Some people have their own struggles to deal with and seeing other all giddy often times makes them feel worse. If they pick up on it and believe it and it does not come to pass they now have and additional burden they did not need. Not always a good thing to dump new burdens on those already suffering. So yeah less jaw bone does cut both ways.

I got no problem with people being excited and expectant but not everyone one who may see or hear it is in a place where it becomes encouragement. Sometimes silence is the best encouragement of all. We can all get excited but that does not equate to a requirement to share it where it may not sit well.

As the old saying goes, preach the gospel constantly and if necessary use words. Not all the time is it necessary to use words and in many cases words only ruin the message.

I agree less jaw bone and more back bone. It takes more backbone in this day and age to remain silent. Sad that is a dying art.

3 Likes

For you, sweet @staceylovesJesus . :blush:

20230921_174204

6 Likes

@Jimbo thanks. For those that are familiar with me in this forum…i am kind of too far left…brained. I tend to analytically implode upon my self. I love study, research, and can be a firebrand of sorts with biblical sticking points, hermeneutics etc.

Having said that of the two 1) hardcore biblical accurace OR 2) thriving joy with some sober measure of abandon for His soon coming. As analytical as i am…i opt for 2. I think we can have both. But of the two i would favor 2. Not becuause i prefer emotion over doctrine. I would see in general we are in Laodicean period of church and to me, the whole thing is kind of off in ways. So in that scenario actually the safer thing is walking in the joy of His return. Because at a time doctrine might be too one sided in places…His return is just simply that. We may get some escatology or doctrine wrong…but His a coming we will not.

We have come to be familiar with the “another date come and gone” language. But in one big way the push for biblical accuracy (although should be present and stressed) is out of place as the forefront. Coming from an analytical abolutist, please allow me to explain.

This is the place we meet. This is our townsquare. That townsqaure is JD’s forum. Pastor JD is high on the expectation of Christ’s return. In fact he is known for that. And he himself encourages a high watch focus on the rapture even in your sleep. Since this is his attitude and his very clear ascertion, this townsquare kind of belongs to the children of his child like affection toward His coming. In that sense the house is hospitably belonging to all, but “especially” to the family holding most closey to JD’s affection. That would contextually place those children in prominance.

As a stauch analytical geek, of course the proper and definate biblical accuracy weigh-in is important. But it would likely be most complimentary as it serves along side those who share the forum owners sentiment. In that way, it woud be upon the analysts to best understand the believer mission field of Pastor JD’s townsquare. And contextually would biblically be honoring to him, and those who are here because of his child like (and striving in biblical accuracy) passion for the any minute rapture excitement. If JD is the host saying passion passion passion…in contrast to that (being his house) it would pale in comparison to those well meaning but at times a bit too enforcing perhaps “i told ya so’s.”

That being the case, i believe the onus is upon those who have deeper grasps on biblical accuracy to discover best how to honor and approach the children of the household. Somtimes it seems like we have it the other way around. My favorite verse in the following context is how its ok for the children of the kingdom to enter in by (David dancing naked) and extreme passion compared to what might have been thought in their day as more socially acceptable. In great part this is why a lot of us are drawn to JD. I know there are serious issues with doctrine out there in the wild. But if there were ever a time this sort of contrast of festive mode vs some other mode…these would be those days. And perhaps we can draw some flavorful echos cocerning…

Matt 11:11-19

11 Truly I say to you, among those born of women there has not arisen anyone greater than John the Baptist! Yet the one who is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he. 12 And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven has been treated violently, and violent men take it by force. 13 For all the Prophets and the Law prophesied until John. 14 And if you are willing to accept it, John himself is Elijah who [l]was to come. 15 The one who has ears to hear, [m]let him hear.

16 “But to what shall I compare this generation? It is like children sitting in the marketplaces, who call out to the other children, 17 and say, ‘We played the flute for you, and you did not dance; we sang a song of mourning, and you did not [n]mourn.’ 18 For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, ‘He has a demon!’ 19 The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, ‘Behold, a gluttonous man and a [o]heavy drinker, a friend of tax collectors and [p]sinners!’ And yet wisdom is vindicated by her deeds.”

Blessings.

10 Likes

If I want to get exited (or is that excited?) I will… :stuck_out_tongue:

Neener neener neener…

:fox_face: :heart:

11 Likes

Dude I am an idiot who knows nothing but this:
1 Corinthians 2:2
For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified

If we can all agree on this, and I am sure we all do, then opinions that do not contradict this are not a problem, well at least not for me.

11 Likes

I just meant the thanks part @ you. For your post. The rest was just me to the forum in general. Not saying you are saying what i am saying. But i am saying…thanks for your post. It was a blessing and ecnouragement to read. Blessing.s

2 Likes

Teren, my brother. I really understood everything you wrote this time. Bravo. I LOVED IT!
I hope you don’t take offence to that. It is my fault I often don’t understand you - not yours.

Everything you wrote was PERFECT. Thank you.

UNBRIDLED JOY should be a mark of the Children of God in these terrible times. We have the greatest news to rejoice about. Our King is coming.

Most people when they find a good movie, book, sports event, etc. that they really enjoyed, get all excited and tell all their friends 'You’ve got to see this" and they share it with them. Their friends get excited also and want to know more about it.

Excitement can be catchy, just like depression can be catchy. There is plenty of depression going around these days. Spread some excitement instead.

We are supposed to be a peculiar people - different from the world. They will know us by OUR LOVE - and dare I say for our exciement as well.
There is nothing wrong with being excited about our Longing to see our bridegroom and King.

When a King or Queen or Pope is about to visit a country, there is all kinds of excitement and planning going on in the place that is expecting them.

Christians should be ALL THE MORE excited that the King of Kings and Lord of Lords is coming to take us where he is. Hellelujah.

GLORY, HALLELUJAH.

MARANATHA

P.S. To those who choose to WARN US. You are preaching to the choir. We already know. Thanks anyway. Blessings.

11 Likes

Just wondering which of the meanings below Chuck Missler had in mind…? Maybe the 1st one, and he was possibly referring to people who rejected the truth of the Bible?

pre·sump·tion

(prĭ-zŭmp′shən)

n.

1. Behavior or attitude that is boldly arrogant or offensive; effrontery: She was offended at the stranger’s presumption in speaking in such an casual manner.

2. The act of presuming or accepting something as true: the presumption of innocence of the accused.

3. A condition or basis for accepting or presuming something.

4. Law A conclusion applied by law as to the correctness of some fact, ordinarily subject to rebuttal by contrary evidence.

5 Likes

Not just non-believer and believer, he also meant within the body of Christ as well. He spoke about this in some of his sermons.

I had the blessing and pleasure of knowing him, and sitting under his teachings at Calvary Chapel of Costa Mesa for a few years. God is good :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks Dallas. If you think you struggle with what I am trying to say, imagine what it like living in my head…lol. I pitty the man…oh…guess I am that man :scream_cat: But yeah I work hard at being more clear. Thanks for sharing back it seems to be working :slight_smile: amen. And thanks for your reply.

No matter how sound the argrument seems in toning down things because of false info etc…its cute, but to me, its like a man standing on a sand bar with a big beafy mustache curled at the ends blowing in the wind as he preaches at the top of his lungs with book in hand and finger waving in the air. We can hardly hear him because of the incredible amount of wind force carrying his voice away. He is warning of the coming storm as just behind him a 500 foot wave comes arching over his shoulder…leaving him very few moments to make those points.

I’m very grateful for those truly gifted in bible research and bring good points and info to the forum. The Lord knows we need that. But it stands to reason that what is loudest is “we won’t get everything clear…but what is clear is almost too loud for what we don’t know we don’t know to matter so much.” I think that is an awesome indicator of His grand and unique influence upon our age. Also a way we can know He is really here with us in this.

In thinking about it, maybe one consideration addressing the waves of focus on this date or event or that, with those who see these dates as hype could maybe consider to watch parts of those videos to perhaps identity with the family fold their sphere of influence will be held account for too. When they were hungry, confused, not understood etc…did those seemingly more mature reach out in condescension with the language of the missionary village they lived in? Ways they would understand? I realize that is kind of pushing the envelope. But it is speaking in the same vernacular as to also proportionately not sugar coat it. If that makes sense?

3 Likes

Also keeping in mind, its a 2 way street in a postmodern age. Blessings.

3 Likes

Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Great Analogy and FUUUUNNY.
YES! Like we can’t see the storm for ourselves. Hee Hee. Ha Ha. :joy: :upside_down_face: :crazy_face: :rofl: :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I do pity the man. :slight_smile: Many times, I really struggle with just getting words out. In my head they are all scrambled and jumbled, and I often wonder if people are really understanding me.
When they comment how great it was, I KNOW it had to be the Holy Spirit Helping me.

There have been quite a few people on this forum that have really helped me to be more relaxed and open about writing and accepting me like I am. That has helped soooo much and I am ever thankful for this forum - really the first I’ve ever been on.

Yes, if I am understanding you correctly, we do need those truly gifted in Bible research etc. to bring good points. The problem I have is that it seems “some” that come on, seem to be lost in their ‘own self-importance’ or pride or whatever it is. Their way of presenting the information is lost in the delivery. Like a bad comedian with bad timing.

After the insults, inuendoes and scolding, the rest is lost on me and is just loud clanging symbols that I tune out. Just like I would tune out my mom or dad when they would lecture me over and over again in anger.

Their own arrogance and self importance is like the man crying in the wind like you explained. Hee Hee. They seem to be too busy seeing everyone else’s faults that they don’t see anything else around them and they have blinders on and ear plugs in. They only want to listen to others that agree with them.

My thoughts are that they see themselves as 'too superior or self-important to be bothered trying to ‘identify’ with others. I could be wrong.
They are so sure of themselves and that their own ideas are the only correct ones, that it would be ‘beneath’ them to do such things.
Perhaps I am being harsh, not really sure, but that is how I see it.

I think I understand. I myself am probably pushing the envelope in my assessment but as I said, that is how I see it. I don’t know how to sugar coat it. I pray and leave it all in the Lord’s hands. I know he will take care of it in his own time.

After all of that, I do wonder if we were even both talking about the same thing. Hee Hee. probably not but that is o.k.
I rarely talk to you and now you know why. Hee Hee. I am probably more mixed up in my head than you are. Just different.

Wow, look at me. I think I wrote as much as you usually do. Hee Hee (No offense meant)
I sure hope Jesus comes soon so we can all fully understand one another totally and completely.
Love you brother.

6 Likes

Since you guys are having so much fun, I thought I’d throw a very cute piece of humor in here:

Sometimes, I get the feeling my dentist doesn’t like me!

I was concerned that my teeth were stained, so I went to the dentist.

He asked:

“Do you smoke or drink coffee?”

I said:

I drink it!

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

11 Likes

Hi Dallas. You have always been a very dear sister to all of us. :slight_smile:

Your posts are filled with your lovely heart and His spirit. That is enough :slight_smile:

So blessed you shared this and blessed to see how strong God’s hand is upon your heart in your first forum. This forum, from what i have seen, is very unique compared to others…and a huge sense of family. Even though it has its wild west moments, the level of devoted heart in Him and toward one another is huge (especially in any wild west context). Which speaks loudly as an extension of God’s intent upon JD’s heart. It obviously carries over here. What honorable blessing…wow.

Well said.

Its a difficult tension. Because the things those mature in the word see going on on youtube are valid. Its a madhouse. Its exploitive. And a desire to defend God’s truth and even saints on this forum from perversion of His word and also where strange doctrine could effect our hearts perhaps in ways unawre, is actually a commendable concern…and actually necessary (God forbid this love not be in play…amen).

But in that here is where i would understand the rub: The tendency of those mature in the word has been seen to be leaning over time toward a similar qaugmire they hope to dispell perhaps. If the desire to defend the faith is a title wave higher than how the Spirit has outlined to do that in the word, a blind spot of sorts could form from how best to use that concern to edify. And in that sense, one matuture in the word might be in a state of hysteria themselves. “I have to put out this fire.” And that become a tunnel vision mission. All the while potentially dismissing what ways that sort of approach can be most effective.

In my understanding, one way to look at this is: What is more important a) you people need to be “here” at this level or, b) meet people where they are at and you are more likely to take them many places. Which of those two have gravatas? Which of those two have His patience, His insightful longsuffering supernaturally interested care? In that contrast, if we don’t meet “a” then just slap a label on them (lazy, insolent, rebellious etc). Thinking this has come from the Spirit of God within themsleves. And this be practiced potentially regardless of likely lacking due dilgence to just befriend and care for a soul.

I don’t believe that when scripture says “I was hungry, naked, in jail…etc” it meant: "Throw a shirt at them from across the room and see if they respond favorably. If they do, then you have won your brother. If the person needs clothing or better undergirding for greater understanding…meeting people where they are in hopes the spirit grows the two of you/us seems to be the gravatas of scriipture: Galatians 6:1.

I think this is a way. As a forum we have two choices. We can settle for slapping labels on each other all over the place, or we can mature together Eph 4:16. It takes both sides. Those who frollic, and those who enforce. If not, we get shade, but its not the best cover. If both extreme sides work together in His spirit, how could God not bless where we could never imagine?

In a nutshell i’d see it come down to the difference of laballing vs. talking to one another in grace for His spirit to do His work in all of us. Conversation vs. Labels. The Twilightzone choice is ours. We see how labels may make us feel good about our own position. But i would say it does not experience the transcendent supernatural transformation be were built for.

In that I think we are not only talking about the same thing, but your lovely heart in Him is in the very practice of His “still a better way” direction our forum can head. In spades dear sister. A Royal Blessing to you dear saint :slight_smile:

6 Likes

stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye laughing rofl crazy_face joy

That is cute. I hope I can rememer it. Thanks.

4 Likes