September 17, 2023: 1 John 5:1-5 – When You’re Just Beat Down

:bible2: 1 John 5:1-5 – When You’re Just Beat Down

Pastor JD :hawaiianshirt_1: offers a message of encouragement for those who find themselves just beat down and need to be lifted up.

Watch on JDFarag.org
JD_JustBeatDown_cover

Or watch here on youtube

:mag_right: More recent services can be watched here!

12 Likes

Raise your shields!

15 Likes

Tishri 1, Rosh HaShana or the Feast of Trumpets, on the Enoch / Dead Sea Scrolls calendar (which sets Nisan 1 as the day after the Spring Equinox) is September 19th; so we have not yet reached the Feast of Trumpets for this year. Many people believe that Jesus observed the Enoch calendar and this explains how He and the Apostles celebrated Passover the day before the Pharasees and Saducees celebrated it.

4 Likes

shields

11 Likes

I’ve yet to watch this second service offering, but coming off this week’s update, I must admit that I hope this message IS for me. I finished listening to the update more discouraged, beat down, and anxious. I KNOW the day is fast approaching now and I DON’T KNOW HOOOOOOWWWWW TO GET THE ONES I KNOW AND LOVE TO JESUS!! I’ve been praying for a long time, speaking when and where I’m given an opening, trusting, then trying, then waiting patiently??, then the anxiety rises again because time is so short!!! Heavenly Father, in your great mercy, WE LONG FOR YOU, AND SO LONG FOR THE ONES YOU’VE PLACED IN OUR LIVES TO JUST COME TO KNOW YOU AND BE SAVED!!! OH, IN THE NAME OF OUR JESUS, MAY WE SEE YOUR GOODNESS IN THE LAND OF THE LIVING BEFORE THE TRUMPET SOUNDS!! SAVE THE ONES WE KNOW AND LOVE AND PRAY FOR!! BY YOUR HOLY SPIRIT, MOVE IN THEIR HEARTS!! Lord, in your great mercy, save the lost, rescue the perishing! They are our sons and daughters and mothers and fathers and brothers and sisters and neighbors and friends . . . And our enemies . . . My heart is broken. Have I failed you? Have I failed them? Forgive me, Father. Oh, Save them in spite of me!! I don’t know what else to do!!! Grant wisdom and revelation. I WANT to get these ones I love to Jesus!!! Show me HOW!! Please, show us how. This is my broken hearted prayer on the cusp of Christ’s promised appearing. Amen :broken_heart::pray:

14 Likes

Set phasers to ‘shake and bake’.

7 Likes

Don’t be! It won’t help with anything and your tummy will get the rumblies in a bad way. When it comes to sharing the Word - all you can do is plant the seed. Let God do the rest and if you need to reconvene, He’ll tell ya and how to do it. You know this though. All you can do is be an great example of why Christ is necessary in life and if they don’t get the hint, they’ll get it sooner or later. Hopefully sooner. I pray they are inspired and convicted to identify and flee the prisons they make for themselves and seek out and accept the Truth of His Word and repent and accept His Son Christ Jesus as their Lord and Savior.

14 Likes

What Happened Spock?

Sorry Jim, we had our shields up.

captain-kirk-spock-transpoter-malfunction-star-trek-6993684480

2 Likes

one in every crowd

11 Likes

Monday, September 18

Forget It and Move On!

Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.
Colossians 3:13, NIV

If you’re having trouble getting over an insult, hurt, or injustice, here are two verses that may help. In 1 Corinthians 13:5, we’re told that love “keeps no record of wrongs” (NIV). We have to take that list of grievances, give it to the Lord, then burn it in the fire and turn it to ash, putting it behind us.

Isaiah 43:18-19 contains this counsel: “Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland” (NIV).

If someone has done you wrong, your anger might lead you to want to seek revenge. Refusing to forgive another for their transgression can keep you bound by this anger. Choose today to forgive in the power of the Lord who has forgiven you, and free yourself from this sort of anger addiction.

Burn the list of past grievances, and go into the future knowing God is doing a new thing in your life.

Divine love is kind even when misunderstood. Love knows how to take sorrow and heartache victoriously.
George Sweeting

Dr. David Jeremiah

7 Likes

I can’t get into jdfarag.org! There’s a Cloudflare message and i can’t listen on thewebsiye. Is anyone else having this problem? I guess I’ll listen on YouTube, but really want the entire sermon on JD’s homepage.

4 Likes

For those that can’t get on the site to watch this message

You can go to the top of this page and watch it on You Tube.

5 Likes

You can also listen to prophecy update and Bible sermon on Jd farag app …

4 Likes

Michelle i jist listened on YouTube. Nothing can keep me from God!:heartpulse:

3 Likes

Jist did! Thanks!

3 Likes

I understand “jist did,” just fine. Just like I’m fixin’ to to watch it now. I speak fluent Southern. Born and bred. Lol I think most of typos are intentional because it’s how my culture talks anyway!

6 Likes

Yall talkin mah language as well. Ima go over yonder and sit fer a spell and watch the sermon. I done over with the BPU yestiday.

4 Likes

“Those who are wise shall shine Like the brightness of the firmament, And those who turn many to righteousness Like the stars forever and ever.”
(Daniel 12:3)

Recently, I’ve sadly seen many of my Facebook friends, mourning and rightfully so, over losing friends, who have passed away, sometimes even unexpectedly.
They often speak of how that person impacted their lives.

In this however, I had this thought and question:
“HOW DID YOU IMPACT THEIR LIFE?”

I mean this is a tough one for all of us, a real challenge,…me included.
Did you live a life of service to the Lord in front of them?
If they weren’t a Christian, Did you even share God’s plan of salvation with them?
Did you ever warn them, or encourage them?

I think these are HARD but needed questions my friends.
Make no mistake ,God will hold us accountable for how we handled His Word of Truth and how we lived our lives, and how we either did or did not impact others lives!

MW Breeden

4 Likes

Joining you in that beautiful heartfelt and timely prayer, Brenda. Just found out my brother believes in a God who will let everyone into Heaven (where all spirits go— no bodies) and of course, there is no hell, “It’s just something people made up so they could scare you into giving them money.” But he and his wife have lined up for every medical intervention put out there.**

He was raised knowing the Bible. Knowing the real Jesus. He had a massive brain injury many years ago… says he died and went to Heaven. Said he saw and spoke with Jesus. But now? He says Jesus told him there was no hell and everybody goes to heaven. grrrr

I asked him this: If there is no hell, why did Jesus leave His majesty and throne in Heaven to come to earth and be tortured to death? And if everyone goes to heaven, what’s the difference between there and here?

No answers. Just more ranting about religion and politics. We must pray for those who have been deceived, the lost, the rebellious— and those who have been deceived and are lost because they are so rebellious! May God have mercy and pour out His grace that they would have faith to believe, and be saved. In Jesus’ Name, amen.

12 Likes

You’re a good brother, Jon. And dare I say, a wise man? (and a bit of a wise acre too) Love ya!
gr

6 Likes