September 24, 2023: 1 John 5:6 -- I Only Need Jesus

:bible2: 1 John 5:6 – I Only Need Jesus

Pastor JD :hawaiianshirt_1: talks about how the Spirit of Truth testifies that Jesus is the Truth and the only One I need, especially during difficult and painful trials.

Watch on JDFarag.org
JD_JustBeatDown_cover

Or watch here on youtube

:mag_right: More recent services can be watched here!

15 Likes

Wonderful job, Pastor JD.

12 Likes

16 Likes

Jesus saved my life❣️
I love Jesus with every fiber of my being❣️

17 Likes

Wonderful to hear the Word preached with grace unmixed! 2 Tim.2:1.

11 Likes
8 Likes

Thank you Pastor! I am so happy in Christ Jesus. He is ALL I have and ALL I need! He is Everything to me.
He knows everything about me and STILL loves me and I love Him more and more and more!I can never get enough of knowing Himbetter and better

There is None Other than JESUS!. He is everything He says He is!

11 Likes

Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.
Matthew 5:16

Dr. David Jeremiah

9 Likes

Oh Pastor, you’ll be in another line alright along with John, Peter and Paul. We will proudly wave to you as our earthly Good Shepherd who loved, protected but most importantly fed us so well .
I can truthfully say I always come away full

10 Likes

This was such a great teaching!!! And as Pastor JD said, where you are in the word is where you are in life! Well, this is a triple play for me cos I just started a bible study of the Book of John, Sunday’s message at my home church was on this same truth. Jesus is certainly God! I have accepted this in my heart years ago, but maybe that’s what He wants me to be telling people! I’m going to pray about this, to ask Him what He wants me to know about it and how He wants me to share using it! Jesus is THE Way, THE Truth, and The Life! Nobody comes to the Father but through Him!

11 Likes

I can’t watch the update. It just freezes. Happens a lot. I can’t even get the sermon. Someone really doesn’t want me to see and of it. I live in a rural area where internet service isn’t the best, a mixed blessing. I would love to see a summary. Since my surgery, my eyesight isn’t the best. Can someone tell me where I can find out what JD said?

Blessings to All my brothers and sisters!

7 Likes

I also loved hearing that the Word is where you are.
It’s great to have so many studies in john. Ya know there is no such thing as learning too much about Jesus. The HS will always steer us toward a deepe understanding or maybe just what we need to hear at the moment

More about Jesus would I know
More of His grace to others show
More of His saving fullness see
More of His love who died for me

More, more about Jesus
More, more about Jesus

More about Jesus let me learn
More of His Holy will discern
Spirit of God, my teacher be
Showing the things of Christ to me

More, more about Jesus
More, more about Jesus

More about Jesus on His throne
Riches in glory all His own
More of His Kingdom’s sure increase
More of His coming, Prince of peace

6 Likes

Hello Deborah! I pray that you are healing and getting better and stronger every day. Will pray that your eyesight gets better! I wish I knew how to help with the issues you are having with listening to the sermons! Did you try watching on YouTube? The second service sermon is posted there in its entirety and was so good! Will pray the message comes through to you! Not sure if the transcript is posted here, too, but I’ll check!!

5 Likes

HELLO DEBRAH!
I tried my first comment in all caps in hopes that you could see it easier; however, the software would not allow it. I guess it thought I was yelling at you.

If your internet will connect better to podcasts rather than videos, may I suggest that you go to the home page, scroll down to the bottom where you will find in the center column “Podcast”. Click on it and all of Pastor JD’s updates and sermons are listed. Use the sidebar to quickly get to the bottom of the list. This is where the newest ones are listed. On the right side is a yellowish-colored box that allows you to sign up for upcoming updates and sermons.
I hope this helps.

BLESSINGS

8 Likes

Debrah,
Sometimes it happens to me, so I find that listening to the sermon the next day, once it is posted on the website, works best for me.
God bless you.

6 Likes

Deborah, I am sorry . I hope you can find that one of theseways will work for you.
Is your eyesight also faing? I have macular Degeneration that makes me only able to see in large letters, too

4 Likes

That is such a beautiful poem! Our Lord is certainly inexhaustable! :heart::crown::dove:

4 Likes

Regardless of how dark the night or how cloudy the day, Jesus—the Light of the World—can be a light to you if your eyes are open to Him.

Dr. David Jeremiah

9 Likes

Now, John Bunyan who wrote the classic Pilgrim’s Progress in the late 17th century. He was converted remarkably and told his conversion story in his testimonial book, Grace Abounding to the Chief of Sinners. And as he was struggling with the gospel and with his own wickedness and his own efforts at saving himself and all that, wrestling with it, trying to come to some kind of assurance that he would, when he died, that he would go to heaven and not hell. Very concerned about his soul. This is what he wrote:

“One day as I was passing into the field and that too, with some dashes on my conscience, fearing lest yet all was not right with my soul, suddenly this sentence fell upon my soul, ‘Thy righteousness is in heaven.’ And I thought I saw with the eyes of my soul, Jesus Christ at God’s right hand; there, I say, was my righteousness;” right there, “so that wherever I was or whatever I was doing, God could not say of me, ‘He lacks my righteousness’, for that was just before him. I saw moreover that it was not my good frame of heart that made my righteousness better, nor was it my bad frame of heart that made my righteousness worse; for my righteousness was Jesus Christ, himself, the same yesterday, and today and forever. Thy righteousness is in heaven.”

Now, later it troubled Bunyan as he searched in the Bible, that he couldn’t find the phrase anywhere, “Thy righteousness is in heaven.” It bothered him. And it actually isn’t found anywhere. But, the doctrine certainly is, and he lighted on the passage I just read to you, 1 Corinthians 1:30. “It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us righteousness.” It’s the same thing. Christ is in fact our righteousness.

10 Likes

7 Likes