September 24, 2023: Bible Prophecy Update -- The Lord Will Protect Me From All Evil

The interpretation is in error. The letter that the Apostle Paul commits to the Church in Thessalonica refers to the Day of Christ which is distinct from the Day of the Lord. The Day of Christ identifies with our bodily redemption and the Day of the Lord identifies with the wrath of the Lamb.

2 Likes

Wow-thanks to each of you for such a warm welcome!
I live in Winnipeg, Manitoba as I have for much of my “earthly stay.”
I first learned about the Rapture in the early 80’s when my older brother read me excerpts from Lindsey’s “Late Great Planet Earth”-I was so excited.
I’m not sure exactly what month or year I was saved, but I know it was the moment I chose to trust in Jesus Christ as my personal Savior.
I love Bible teaching with emphasis on God’s grace (Johnny Tatum at radical grace is my favorite).
I used to love watching NFL, MLB & NHL, until I discovered and realized that it is a simulation played out for profit-mostly for the gambling industry.
Anyway, I am a pre-tribber all the way; saved by grace through faith alone all the way, born again believer; and I have seen plenty enough winters up here in Canada to say, “Lord, please come-I don’t need another winter here!”
Grace and peace to You, reader.

24 Likes

The critical text (USB & Nestle/Aland) translates it the Day of the Lord, rather than the Day of Christ.
Grace and peace. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I am not concerned with their translation quite simply the text of verse 1 already identifies with the Rapture and is the subject the Apostle Paul is addressing. The Apostle is making it clear that they have not missed the Rapture or that it will not come.

This automatically identifies the belief that the falling away is the Rapture is a huge error in translation.

1 Like

The Day of Christ is distinct from the Day of the Lord this is where their error comes from.

2 Likes

https://truthandtidings.com/2002/02/the-day-of-christ-and-the-day-of-the-lord/

3 Likes

Hi Robbie nice to see a new fellow ABC’r nice to have you around :+1:

8 Likes

Fantastic Prophecy Update JD, so good to know God has our backs!.

6 Likes

Robbie has an interesting observation. Because even though he would see it as Day of the Lord, he would still see (as it appears JD does) as a passage that renders toward a pretrib rapture position.

Rodney, i went to a KJV only church for 2 years and they would argue as you that it says Day of Christ (as that is how it is translated in KJV). They would argue for this in order to come to the same conclusion as you. But if you go with the KJV, it introduces the initial statement about being gathered with the Lord as a salutation and sense of authority. Not as a topic of discussion to makke points on.

2 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,

2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.

This approach can very easily be understood as saying the following:

• We ask for you Theselonians to hear us
  • By the very coming of Christ
  • And by the fact that we will be gathered with him
  • That you not be concerned about being in the Day of the Lord

Especially in notice that at the end of Paul’s previous letter to them had a similar encouragement about the Day of the Lord. Even though Paul’s seems below to be saying “Yes you know these things,” he still then goes on to help them understand they are not going to be caught off gaurd. Paul goes out of his way to express to them they will not be caught by surprise by the Day of the Lord.

1 Thes 5
5 Now as to the periods and [a]times, brothers and sisters, you have no need of anything to be written to you. 2 For you yourselves know full well that the day of the Lord is coming just like a thief in the night. 3 While they are saying, “Peace and safety!” then sudden destruction [b]will come upon them like labor pains upon a pregnant woman, and they will not escape. 4 But you, brothers and sisters, are not in darkness, so that the day would overtake you [c]like a thief; 5 for you are all sons of light and sons of day. We are not of night nor of darkness; 6 so then, let’s not sleep as [d]others do, but let’s be alert and [e]sober. 7 For those who sleep, sleep at night, and those who are drunk, get drunk at night. 8 But since we are of the day, let’s be [f]sober, having put on the breastplate of faith and love, and as a helmet, the hope of salvation. 9 For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, 10 who died for us, so that whether we are awake or asleep, we will live together with Him. 11 Therefore, [g]encourage one another and build one another up, just as you also are doing.

So we could ask, what makes more sense, that Paul was addressing in 2 Thes 2 this revived concern he seems to have need of having to address it again even in 1 Thes 5 “You have no need?” Or, that the Thes church had no concern about the Day of the Lord? For they just did in the context of 1 Thes 5.

There is no way you can make a case Rodney that they missed the rapture in this context because the KJV has “is at hand” and the Greek as “present ongoing…now.” Your thought of having “missed” something is outside of both KJV’s own “is at hand” which is = to “Happening right now,” and the Greek rendering of “present ongoing.” For the Thes church to feel they missed the rapture is entirely opinion though brother. Its not in either KJV language which uses “Day of Christ too” nor Greek interlinear “is present ongoing now.” You would have to prove what is being said is “past tense.” And past tense is foreign to both KJV and Greek in that passage. Its not in the text. But you are saying it is clear? Brother you may differ in your conclusion, but to not consider how others might see it based on the simple grammar used in English and Greek does not make your observation affirm God’s word in your view necessarily “clear.” Does that make sense though that you might be considering this in a way of overly affirming clearlity wher there is sound reason to not? Blessings.

6 Likes

So sad that Canadian Prime Minister Trudeau was honouring a Nazi war veteran in front of a Jewish Ukranian President and the Canadian Parliament. Crazy thing is, Zelensky knew all along who he was, it was Ukranian intelligence that hand picked this one to be honored. Makes perfect sense when you have full-fledged Nazi Brigades in the Ukranian military.

The Rapture is already addressed in verse 1 and this is the subject of concern. Therefore the accompanying theme is directing them to the fact that they have not missed the Day of Christ. It would make no sense to identify the Rapture in verse 1 and then say that our gathering together unto him will not happen until the Rapture happens and then the Son of Perdition be revealed. Just common sense here.

1 Like

There again he applies the Day of the Lord!

i hear you brother. But it actually does make sense. I’d just ask you to consider how it might. I just spelled out how. But it is not something you are open to consider as a potential. Scholars would see it, as well as laymen. I think perhaps a friendly way of saying it might be, “it makes no sense to you.” But it does make sense. It might be you are just not used to seeing it in a potentially different light?

5 Likes

You’re right, it makes no sense to me and violates the whole subject already identified with in verse 1.
Sorry, not going with the crowd on this one!

1 Like

Can I ask you why you are really here?
I mean, you know this is a pre trib forum and everyone here believes in a pre trib and imminence. So why have you chosen to fellowship here.

I just don’t understand your reasoning. Are you here to teach YOUR truth?
You seem to have your mind made up already. If so, then why not agree to disagree and drop the subject?
You know what the majority of us believe and we are just as sure of our position as you are.

Most of us will not get into a debate with you because we have been over this so many times already in the past to the point the forum was nearly closed down because of it.

Let it be and move on. Believe what you like. You are still our brother in Christ. If you must discuss it, why not do it in private with someone else that might agree with you.

I don’t mean that as an insult or anything of that sort. I really do wonder if you came here to fellowship or to cause trouble and arguments.

If fellowship, then agree to disagree and let it go.

Blessings.

23 Likes

Understood. I believe brother that would have more Phil 2:3 impact if you could find why others might reasonably see it differently. Blessings.

3 Likes

Dallas, I appreciate your kind, yet firm words. God bless you!

15 Likes

Hi Rodney,
“The interpretation is in error.” Help me with this, Rodney. I used the Strong’s Greek concordance so as to be able to see both the literal translation from Greek and the coordinating definition numbers. What I copied verbatim was the literal words put into English. I cannot speak or write Greek or this step into English would not be necessary. I am also relying on the multiple contributors to the Strong’s concordance, who appear to be experts in Greek and English. Do I know in fact that they are perfectly equipped to correctly translate God’s word? No. You would have me at this disadvantage. If you are aware of a more precise translation, I will consider and compare it to Strong’s.

Without another concordance utilizing the original Greek used to write the New Testament, I will continue to rely on Strong’s. With this, I compared three verses; each using the English phrases, “For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.”, 1 Thess. 5:2; second verse is, “Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him.”, 2 Thess. 2:1; and thirdly, “That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.” 2 Thess. 2:2. Italicized by me.

In all three verses the Strong’s reference number was 2962. The definition is given as lord, master. Usage is lord, master, sir, the Lord.
A person exercising absolute ownership rights, Lord.

Whether the translation into English was decided by those translating it in the 1600s used “day of the Lord”, or, “day of Christ”, the same person of the trinity is identified, our Lord Jesus Christ.
For God has not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ.

The believers are removed, caught up, prior to the same day in time when Jesus will bring his wrath to the inhabitants on Earth that chose not to believe in Him.

If you have any study materials that you think will help me better understand your understanding of a time of rapture post the day of the Lord, I will consider it. Simply stating that I or others are wrong is not helpful. Let us deal with each other as children of the day, being sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love, and for a helmet the, the hope of salvation.

Blessings

4 Likes

Hi my brother.
You as wise to stay away from Stone and those like him they are at times in gross error that effects their overall
hermeneutics. At times they are scripture twisters and false teachers.

The True Body of Christ and the Bride of Christ are one and the same.
People have thrown the question around for a long time.
Who will be invited to the wedding feast of the Lamb?
The entire Bride of Christ?
Or just those who did the Will of the Father and became Disciples of Christ as they lived out their lives on Earth.

6 Likes