September 3, 2023: 1 John 4:7-12 – Do You Want to be More Loving?

:bible2: 1 John 4:7-12 – Do You Want to be More Loving?

Pastor JD :hawaiianshirt_1: answers the question of, “Do you want to be more loving?” by explaining the source of love, as well as the showing of, and the seeing of God’s love for us.

Watch on JDFarag.org
JD_MoreLoving_cover

Or watch here on youtube

:mag_right: More recent services can be watched here!

16 Likes

Philippians 1:9
And this I pray, that your love may abound still more and more in knowledge and all discernment,
10 that you may approve the things that are excellent, that you may be sincere and without offense till the day of Christ,
11 being filled with the fruits of righteousness which are by Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God.

jesus cross love

12 Likes

A poignant study and interesting question for the follower of Christ to ask of themselves and continually re-examine themselves upon.

10 Likes

Can someone please tell me where I can get a copy of slide he showed of the prophecy’s that we are living in now?

5 Likes

The best way, often times, is to screen capture it. Actually hold on, there’s [SOMEONE] that posted them (I believe) in the Prophecy update. Let me find the post. Please hold.

Plays elevator music because I don’t have the budget for MUZAK

Here it is.

First two images he shared are what I think you’re after.

8 Likes

Hi @Uhan36 / Rhonda,

Just posted these over on the Bible Prophecy Update topic also:

In Christ

lelz.

7 Likes

Thank you both so much! I believe it will really help me to show some fellow Christians where we really are in the time line.

7 Likes

/pms @Jon about splitting the finders fee…

8 Likes

You can take credit. Just consider me a drone that you controlled to get to the answer before you were done washing your hands or something lol.

9 Likes
6 Likes

Great explanation on Love, and how to gently handle service calls when you have been on hold a long time.
Does not work for telemarketers or telephone scammers, they hang up.

8 Likes

Cleaning out the fridge today was such a JOY! I laughed so hard at times I was in tears. Thank you Pastor JD for being so transparent with us and leading by example. The love of Jesus is so very evident in you. I’ve been tuning in before the big C and have watched Jesus soften you up like butter over the years.
We can all be a little bit “butter” for Jesus when we allow Him to melt us. ( Is that JD corny?)

9 Likes

Dairy I say it…yes ;p

13 Likes

Udderly

10 Likes

Scammers - how joyful they are. Ever have your phone number ghosted by scammers? Ever have the victims call to chew you out? It took a few phone calls till I finally got one on the line. Obviously it started with anger from the caller, but I was able to explain the situation (I think) happened and the guy apologized for his anger. I said no need to apologize, I’ve been there myself. Instead of a few seconds, we spent 15 minutes talking about Jesus and I shared the Gospel with him. We even came up with a solution for him to block my number. I told him:

“I promise you as we speak, I will never call you. Not that I have anything against you, this is to prevent you from wondering if it’s me contacting you or someone else. I can’t promise you’ll never be contacted by this number again, but you will know I promise you it won’t be me. I pray you will find guidance through Christ Jesus now and He will lead you out of where you are to where you ought to be, sir. Enjoy the rest of you day and I pray it’s a blessed one.”

One of the best wrong number/angry calls I’ve ever experienced. I share this with hopes you all will find a moment like this and turn it into something God wants instead of Satan delights from. It’s difficult and hard to find the moments, but when they show up - I pray you use them to the fullest.

10 Likes

I love my Pastor JD and i love this forum :yellow_heart:

8 Likes

I can’t believe i am actually the first heart for one of Jon’s posts. I don’t recall that EVER happened before. Nice job Jon. :slight_smile: blessings brother.

5 Likes

I’m not setting a date… i’m just saying that i have to pay my car insurance on SEPT 19 :trumpet::cloud: :eyes: and i love Jesus so much i long to hug Him!

5 Likes

I can’t believe it’s not butter!

Sorry, I couldn’t resist. It was just taunting me to write. Thank you, @TCC. In many respects, I’m like cinnamon-flavored toothpaste to people. You either like it and use it, rebuke it and tolerate it, or dip your bristles into baking soda. I’m also obstuse and sometimes a derailer of threads. So some people kinda skip over which is fine. :rofl:

I thank you though for starting the trend today!

10 Likes

Alright, you are both (@jasonacts177 ) are so cheezy! :hamburger: :cheese: :pizza:
Keep’n the Joy (the hope) alive.
Good to laugh - need to laugh.
:cow: :cow: :cow: :cow: :cow:

7 Likes