★ The Rapture Survival Guide (TRSG) ★

Hello Online Church!

I’ve recently completed a major rewrite of ‘The Rapture Survival Guide (TRSG)’ and I was hoping you would be able to help critique, spellcheck and verify as much of it as possible. (Acts 17:11)

You can download the rewritten version below:
TRSG 12.08 Download

And here’s a summary of its purpose:

“The Rapture Survival Guide is a comprehensive document focused on the events leading up to and succeeding the rapture of the church. It’s designed to guide you through the end times, prove that the Bible is from God and save your eternal life.”

It’s not actually about ‘surviving’ as the name suggests, but to discover God and reach the lost for all those who have been left behind - living in a time of extreme calamity and judgement.

Feel free to use the final version any way you like since there’s no copyrights on it. So print it, email it to unsaved loved ones or read through it to (hopefully) learn something you didn’t know!

FYI - Below is the link to the download webpage on my site which includes additional information on the document and other download options.
https://fluidicice.com/trsg

Let me know what you think,

Yours in Christ,
Chris

7 Likes

(Reserved for future use)

1 Like

Hi, I checked quickly and one important remark:

• it’s not really readable on a smarphone in portrait mode (I used the pdf reader Librera Pro).

The pages seem too wide and the font small.
We have to scroll in all directions instead of only vertically.

Did you check the standard parameters for book/ebook?

Font arial or Times new roman…

• another remark: on your web site, why didn’t you add a pdf reader in javascript to your code or converted the pages in classic html (a really better solution) to be viewed by all devices?
2 Likes

Thanks @hotchiwawa
Yeah I agree, I was looking to use a unique layout and format so that it stands out a bit. I’ll look at converting it tonight to a regular word document style and will let you know.

It’s actually supposed to be downloaded directly and then opened in any pdf reader you want. Sometimes it opens in the browser rather than downloading depending on your system.

I’ll have to look into adding a fluid reader directly to my site, thanks for the tips :slight_smile:

3 Likes

If you need help, I’m there. @fluidicice

A full html version with simple tags would be really useful, and based on a low version of html without javascript. Without styles. Just bold, underline.

Even a readme.txt version (like on most Linux distribution without images would be very useful).

Think at a lot of computers with reduced bandwidth (there will be wars, internet brokken if I can say, tools reduced…), a lot of people will use their smartphones if they can!

Maybe also copy all your versions on torrent.

1 Like

@fluidicice another update.
I realize that it’s +130 pages!

Well I don’t know for the readme.txt file or a one pager version.
Changing the styles could take a lot of work.

I would suggest you to include your pdf document in my applications (check the topic with my apps), specially in “The Life” and maybe “The Light”, if you agree and if I can find a pdf client. “The Light” has more than 56000 users. The apps are also distributed on F-Droid and various configurations.

The urls are not clickable.
Maybe you can also change the urls to browse inside the document, not going on Internet.
My apps are at “100%” offline.

You can also add Bible apps references to your document and specially mine loul :smiley:

When you will adapt the width of the document (to be like a book, not a tablet), we can think to add it to my apps.

I read you also have a 2000 pages version!

What license are your books?
Common License?

Did you already publish them on Google Books, iTunes, Apple Books?
Rem: I have an Apple account :smiley:

Let me know asap, what we can do…

2 Likes

Heya @hotchiwawa
I haven’t checked back here since your first message - but I’ve spent all that time converting it to a word document format (Technically I’ve only converted half of it since I decided to split the Rapture part from the Christianity section)

I’ve updated the direct link above for your perusal - hopefully the issue with it being hard to read is solved. You should have the option to convert it to ‘fluid’ mode provided your PDF reader supports it as well. The fonts have been updated as well for easier reading on the eyes.

This is still technically a ‘draft’ since I have a few minor things to fix up, but additional feedback on the contact from anyone would be great too :slight_smile: (I’m hoping that even the most astute Bible scholar would discover something new)

Think at a lot of computers with reduced bandwidth (there will be wars, internet brokken if I can say, tools reduced…), a lot of people will use their smartphones if they can!

Good point, I have outlined this in the document as well. Noting that new believers should download as much data as they can before the antichrist deletes it all. I assume it would be an on or off situtation with regards to the internet - I’m not sure it would just slow down (besides right after the rapture).

Maybe also copy all your versions on torrent.

I’ve made 6 backup locations outside my website including links and QR codes at the bottom of the document so if one is shut down, people will be able to download it from another place :slight_smile:

I would suggest you to include your pdf document in my applications (check the topic with my apps), specially in “The Life” and maybe “The Light”, if you agree and if I can find a pdf client. “The Light” has more than 56000 users. The apps are also distributed on F-Droid and various configurations.

I’m not quite sure what you mean by this? Do you mean having a text version downloadable from your app? I do strive for as much 100% offline content as possible, perhaps I could make my whole site portable within a .RAR in the future.

I read you also have a 2000 pages version!

My 2,000+ page document is a preparedness guide, that’s really my area of expertise along with the Bible, so I thought I would combine the two into this document.

What license are your books? Common License?

I license them as creative commons: CC / BY / NC / SA. None of them are published as I have no idea about that whole side. My aim was a free document that can help others find salvation after the rapture. (Although being an official book would be great)

Thanks so much your your replies Hotchi, I will continue to convert the rest of the doc while thinking about your replies and my next steps.
God Bless!

1 Like

@JamNL @Amela @staceylovesJesus @Pax @jasonacts177 @Tina @Twi @oweng
Hi Everyone, I’ve had lots of discussions with you all in the past and world really appreciate any feedback you may have if you have time :slight_smile: Totally cool if you’re busy though!

Yours in Christ.

7 Likes

@fluidicice you should add a table of content on page 2 as there are a lot of pages :wink:

My primary idea was to include your document in my app and let the users to read it inside the app with an internal pdf client (library).

Now, the solution I will try is to point to your document in my app and let the users to download and read it outside the app (a normal way). So, I let people install a pdf reader or use a default one. The bookmarks, font, backcolor settings… will be managed by the outside pdf reader. If your document is “conform” with the pdf standard it should work everywhere.

I will put a warning message as I did for the youtube videos, to suggest them to always check in The Bible and be careful. It’s also better if they want to open both a Bible App and your document in split mode or switch tab on a computer.

Rem: I will promote your book :slight_smile:
Just be sure that all the URLs pointing to your book are UP.
I will not be able to change them without recompiling and publishing the app(s).

1 Like

I’ve wanted to look at this for a few days :slight_smile: I’ll put some time aside tomorrow.

2 Likes

Hi @fluidicice,

Thanks for looping me in, Chris. I’m so blown away every time I see just how comprehensive your rapture survival guide is!

I’m no techie by any stretch of the imagination, so my feedback is purely from a layperson’s point of view. I’m able to use the website pages quite easily and I have no problems using landscape mode for reading. I’m so used to doing that because I’m comfortable reading books from apps on my phone. My only comment on the website pages is that your site header keeps popping in and out and sometimes obscures the view at the top of what I’m reading. Not a major problem but can be somewhat inconvenient.

The word document looks crisp and clean, and all the hyperlinks seem to work fine.

I’d like to work with you on making this survival guide available on my store site in the blog section. Maybe we can put together a blog article specific to the rapture with a link to the survival guide. You might have an existing article we can use or we can easily put together an abbreviated intro from the wealth of info you have here.

Your Accepting Jesus blog piece has been getting so many hits on my site through organic searches since I installed a SEO app. I’m going to sign up with a Christian SEO company that will further refine our capability to appear on first page of organic searches as a way to ramp up our game in leading people to Jesus as they continue to search the web for answers to their problems in life.

We could also do an email campaign with maybe a new Rapture shirt and some current designs pertinent to the urgency of the times - and include a link to the survival guide.

In sum - with all the work you’ve put in for the revision of the rapture survival guide, I would love this to be the next big project for my site. I believe the Lord’s timing is right.

I’ll be praying about this and looking forward to continuing our collaborative efforts for Jesus’ kingdom work and God’s glory!

In Jesus’ service,
Amela

6 Likes

earnestly…what @Twi said…

1 Like

Thanks Twi and @jasonacts177 :slight_smile:
If you don’t want to start at the beginning perhaps you could just choose a section that most interests you such as the trumpets, the hotly debated timing of the rapture or the events immediately post-rapture.

1 Like

Hey Hotchi,

add a table of content

I have a table of contents on page 6 after a short introduction.

point to your document in my app and let the users to download and read it outside the app

Ah okay, I’m happy to go either way. I could make a text only version to condense the size for the app, otherwise if they want pretty pictures they could download it instead. Yeah Acts 17:11 (search the scriptures for yourself) is also littered throughout my document so they can verify these things themselves.

I’m careful with URLs these days as I have printed business cards that point to different pages. If I change the URL, I keep the old page but redirect it to the new one so people can still find the content.

Let me know if you need anything from my end. I’ve been making minor changes lately and can let you know when a ‘final’ copy is ready for your use.

Thanks again for the help! I’m hoping it will reach many people and help them to become saved :slight_smile:

Hey Amela! Thanks for your response.

your site header keeps popping in and out and sometimes obscures the view at the top of what I’m reading

Is that on mobile? Either way it only disappears when you scroll down (to display more text at once), if you scroll up it reappears again in case you want to use a heading.

I’d like to work with you on making this survival guide available on my store site in the blog section

That sounds good, I’m happy to help. Email me with the basics of what you would like to include and we can work it out from there!

It’s great to hear people are finding that blog post - I would say it’s the most important out of all of them :slight_smile: I will have to keep blogging as occasionally I forget to post something once a week.

We could also do an email campaign

Hmm, I’ll try to think of some new designs relating to the end times and see what I come up with. The email campaign sounds like a great idea though. It will get the message out there that this is imminent. (And even if they don’t believe, they can come back afterwards)

I believe the Lord’s timing is right.

Always :slight_smile: I’ve felt a new sense of urgency lately and have been pushing to get it done as soon as possible - but now the next stage of getting the word out there is beginning. I pray that the Lord uses it where it’s meant to go.

I actually started the document as a place to collect the information I learn from my studies (so I don’t forget it), and over time it grew so big that I figured I would share it with others.

Thanks for your continued prayers, you and your family are in mine too!

Yours in Christ,
Chris

1 Like

Thanks, Chris, for inviting my feedback.

I don’t think I can manage to read and comment on the whole document in the short term. Would you like to suggest a particular section for me to start with, say a different one to what you proposed for @Twi & Jason?

Also, I will need to obtain some more of those business card size tracts soon, if possible… (I’ll send an email.)

Hi Pax!

Oh haha, no I don’t expect anyone to read the whole thing. Just pick a section you find interesting as you feel led (or you want to know more about) and see what you think.

I’m happy to post some more cards to you or help you put together a new combination (front + back) for printing.

1 Like

Hi @fluidicice :slight_smile:

Yes, I saw the table of content was in page 6!

Be always careful with the wide and font used, your file should be readable on smartphone (portrait mode). If I’m in portrait in 100%, the font size is too small.

I tried Play Books (Google Books) with another book and they adapt dynamically the content to the screen orientation and screen size.

With your book (uploaded) they don’t adapt dynamically the content to screen orientation and screen size, and it doesn’t allow to change the font type and font size => you have to check this in the settings…

The same result with Librera PRO (free on F-Droid).

I would suggest you again to push it on Google Play Books… (for free).

• What I need is your URLs: from main URLs to alternate URLs (backup…), so I can suggest them in order of importance

• Be careful that all your web site is not accessible if we block trackers.
    Trackers during the end times will be not be good for Christians.

You are welcome :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Chris,

Yes, it was on mobile. I’ve not seen that feature a lot on other sites.

At any rate, yes - I will be reaching out to you on email to work out the details.

Thank you so much for all you do to support several of us on the forum. Yes, let’s continue to lift each other up in prayers along with our loved ones!

God bless,
Amela

3 Likes

@fluidicice I’m working to add the links to your ebook, alternate backups and web site.
Please consider to add some of my apps in reference in your document/web site.
I’m not Jan Markell, Amir Tsarfati or pastor JD, but I did my best for the applications.
It’s incredible how people don’t want to share or help.
I contacted several known Youtubers in the past but nothing, not even a reply.
(except a Linux distro packager who included one app immediately, Thanks God).
Maybe they have a too big head :smile:
It would be so easy to share the gospels if we work together.
We are in the same team and in the same boat.
God bless…