December 31, 2023: Topical Study -- How Minds Are Renewed (with Worship)

I hear you :slight_smile:

God bless!

1 Like

Thanks for understanding! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

If you send something to me, I would prefer that it is somewhat short and kind of makes it clear as to what the point is. When I am reading things I am anxious to discover what the main point is and will constantly be trying to figure that out.

To be very clear, I am not at all saying you are doing anything wrong, it is me that has some issue whatever it is. I actually tend to bypass anything that I see that is long and skip to something that is more brief and the point is clear.

I tell you this as I don’t want you to change what you do because of what I have said. Most people probably prefer a longer post. :+1:

God Bless! :heart:

I was raised in the Catholic church when Latin was still in use and watched the change over but i was way to young then to understand what was going on. Even so I was also encouraged by my parents to be studios in things like math and science as well as learning how to live from scripture. I see now it afforded me not only an understanding of the world from a Biblical stand point once I was actually save but from a stand point to see science not as some new religion as many are now trying to make it but a way to look into the great wonders of God’s creation. I have no problem with science except when it get used wrongly and attempt are made to turn it into a religion. I also have no problem with the Bible and its often lack of details. I get it. There is only so many words we can put out such that we can carry it in book form to have around always. Yet God in his wisdom has layered understanding in the limitation of words used. That I find remarkable and admire greatly. So am I Renaissance believer or a radical Bible thumper? Actually I am neither. I accept the short comings of science as fast as I can accept the less that minute detail in scripture. I can enjoy the newness of new findings in science as easily as I can jump with joy when God opens up something new in a passage I have been over so many times.

I hope I am not a Dark Ages kind of person in this respect. Even so there are things from the Dark Ages that can also teach us.

As I was saying to another, and this is just my view, we are very close to going. So close in fact I am of the mind we really can’t just play around with what ifs. Too much is at stake and time is just too short. It is like we are down river and there is a flood coming. We don’t have time to figure out what to take because if we dally then we lose it all by losing our lives. So I am just no much up on what ifs these days.

As I said to someone else my persona view of the times is not like that of say Abraham going to see the promised land but more like Lot or even Noah. We have so little time left that like Lot is move, move now, and don’t look back for any reason. So I just don’t bother getting into such academic endeavors now. I just don’t think we have time for it. But then again that is just my view so I prefer to steer clear of such things.

Additionally I don’t see where the academics of whether the flood was global or just regional does much in presenting the Gospel. I do see where the ABCs is extremely useful when speaking to people but even so I also understand that not all will be saved no matter what we do. Even Jesus said that on judgment day many will say we prophesied in your name and He will still turn them away. This to me points that there are likely a lot of religious people who will never be saved like the Pharisee types of Jesus’ time.

Then there is the admonishment by Jesus to the apostles that when they go into a home if the occupants receive them and listen then great. If not then don’t tarry their but move on and knock the dust from their feet. So that is the approach I take for the most part. If someone shows a real interest in the Gospel and even if they have a few extra questions then I will try to address them if I can from scripture. Otherwise I know I have at least attempted to plant the seed and turn it over to the Holy Spirit through prayer for them and move on.

To everything there is a season. Our season now is coming to and end probably sooner than many realize even in the church at large. Ultimately though our test will be at some point do we hold fast to what we believe or do we falter under the pressure?

It is a matter of priorities as best as I can see and majoring in the minors that have nothing to do with bringing people to Jesus. So I avoid it as best as I can and try to focus on what is pressing at this time. Just my way of seeing things. Does not mean others have to.

You stated this well brother. Amen. By Renaissance, i would just mean the rhetorical value of the period. Not really intending its realtionship with science so much as the explosive attitude toward the arts literature exploration politics etc. Like seeing how we can honor and appreciate God through His general revelation – like how we approach exegesis like even.

Wow i love that answer. :slight_smile: You bring up a good point Jack. I would need to do research to see how that is. But they would be there, amen. Typically the dark ages associates with limited learning, superstituion, and torture. But you are well known here for having a wealth of learning, are often aghast at the level of superstitution that can enter the church, and i doubt any of us are into torture…lol. So i’d say you are good on that front.

As for the study and research of his word, or varying ways of evangelism, in part our differences or orientations may be in relation to the kind of body part we are in the body of Christ. As for the video guy and approach to exegesis, i think we both have an interest there…although we might have different preferences on tool or angles of study.

Gotchya. I hear that. To me though, what ifs are not my thing so much either brother. Like my interest is not local or global flood. However it happened it did. To me, being whatever part of the body this is that does that, I am kind of like this, here: I’m online, and i have 5 conversations going at the same time. A dash of this, a pinch of that, a slap of that, and a taste of whatever that is over there. Being in the fluid joy and interest of Him in conversation at whatever adventurous turn we may find Him. Like being in an orange grove wearing a belt with five outreaching arms i can lach onto 5 orange trees at once, standing in the center of the five…dancing, doing jumping jacks, shake, rattle, and roll…so that simultanously we get oranges a fallin’ from all five trees together. Its the adventure plus the amount of fruit we open tunnels for to come a rollin’ our way. Yeah too much of that will cause attention deficit. But it also could become orchestrating ones life (in slower motion of course) so as to almost find oneself in a massage of His words, His providence, His joy, love, beauty pouring forth from several directions as we move and groove through life. And so quite often in that, i end up wowed and surprised by quite a few things in His word. Both from how I ended up at “that passage,” as well as whatever moving from glory to glory (2 Cor 3:18) events and people in life God might use to grow me…i come to a passage or a verse then slightly being a different person…and its kind of new. A freshness sprout out of it I never saw before like you mentioned above. Because of Him and this of which we speak do i find Pastor JD’s child llike heart in Him very attractive and edifying. :slight_smile:

Yeah just meant llike if we run into someone who had those kinds of issues. Imagine being able to break out with some meat for them to consider. Not meaning to evangelize like from a “Local flood” booth or something. But just like how things like this (and more specifically things like the exegetical approaches in part discussed) can tend to open people up to some things. Just like a tool in the kit. But foremostly i would see for exegesis sensibilities in research. Like picking up on some things from the video exegetically can apply to others ways of thinking (before) we were not ever thinking llike before kind of thing. Something like that would not cause me to change my whole of conviction on all things flood. But it did change my understanding of areas and modes of resaarch. And further battoning down some exegetical hatches in general. Like coming across a verse and seeing prisms in that text we might not have before. I don’t see those things as downplaying plain written ideas. Those tend to bear themselves out. But just like, “What a minute…look at how this verse flows when considering xyz” which may have nothing to do with the flood. Just certain focuses in appraoch exegetically like.

Understood Jack. This could be a conversation for another time brother…but my understanding of that is that was to the Jews at that time. They had all the history. Today alot of people are pretty darn clueless. Might take some times…lol…just saying…

I hear ya brother. Its been an honor. :+1: Blessings

1 Like

I keep trying to send you a reply and the system will not let me

1 Like

@ jasonacts177

An error occurred: Your post contains a word that’s not allowed:

From the Code of Conduct: Profanity or foul language is not allowed. This includes using punctuation, symbols, or acronyms to bypass the profanity filter.

Help….I can not find the violation anywhere!

I Found it I found it…how ridiculous.

1 Like

It happened to me as well when i tried sharing Craig Bon_ video in Dec and the system wouldn’t let me because of his last name?! :face_with_raised_eyebrow: it said the word "Bon_ "was a violation. Anyway you get the idea what I’m trying say.

2 Likes

When you get that message it will tell you what the word in question is in the very top of the notification. I am not allowed to use the common vernacular of Latin terms used in universities because of the negative connotation of the middle term. So when I want to mention it I have to find a way to circumvent it with something else. It is annoying because while it is a good safety measure it is limited to spellings only and not how it is used in context. Try again, hit the reply and then read carefully the warning pop up from top the top line.

2 Likes

Yea I’ve done that numerous times now. I know what the word is but it is not found anywhere in my dialogue.

I am going to apologize ahead of time. I normally would not write such a lengthy post. It comes at the cost of many hours of study and is very condensed.

I said,
“The possibility of a newer laser weapon that is still top secret and it either had an accidental or intentional discharge cannot be ruled out just yet.”

The response was,

“If you have any sources on this I would love to see them.

I would not put a lot of stake in such an idea because of the already well known inherent problems with current weapons under development. I will check with my son this weekend when he comes through as he might have knowledge from his job that I am not yet familiar with. I will get back after that. Still I am not inclined to put much into such a device to be in existence at this time.

Watch “The US Navy just admitted they’ve created something so advanced and said it can’t be stopped.”

Considering that this information is on the older side, and the refinement of these weapons was expected in a race with the Chinese and Russians, it is easy to project one or more of them to be in existence and fully operational in the Maui area.

Perhaps being tested on Kaho’olawe, as it has been in use for decades as a military bombing range used by the Armed Forces of the United States.

I had noted that they still have much of Maui blurred out in the satellite images.

The response was,

Two possible explanations. First is of course to cover up blunders made in the various decision about power shut down, water shut down. closing off and escape route that forced the death of many. All things that give serious black eyes to the local atuthorities, things that could cost them their cushy jobs they don’t want to lose.

All true +.

It is always a standard procedure to treat a mass causality event as a crime scene. Quadrant off the area and denying access to allow emergency personnel to do their job. Fire suppression and body recovery initially, perhaps for a month or more. Beyond that seems fishy.

What many people on Maui questioned at first was the construction of a tall black screen (fence) that they could not see through leading many to believe that they were hiding something.

They were not hiding anything. They were constructing a dust screen; this is the logical explanation.

See

So, the possibility of a laser weapon that is operational on Maui or Kaho’olawe, and it either had an accidental or intentional discharge as a test during the hurricane high winds is a very real possibility, and I believe now, well within striking range from either location.

So then that leaves the line-of-sight problem.

Kaho’olawe lies about seven miles southwest of Maui. Its highest point is the crater of Lua Makika, at the summit it is about 1,477 feet above sea level. The line-of-sight to the electrical lines in Lahaina would be no problem.

The Haleakala volcano on Maui is at 10,023 feet. The line-of-sight to electrical lines in Lahaina would be no problem as well, and it is much closer.

I believe both Haleakala and Puʻu Moaulanui are within range of our current military lasers. They would only have to burn through high voltage wires to bring them down to start a fire.

AMOS is located on the island of Maui, Hawaii, and is comprised of two physically separate facilities: the Maui Space Surveillance Complex (MSSC) located on the top of the Haleakala volcano and the Maui High Performance Computing Center (MHPCC) located in Kihei.

Kihei is considered to be the South Side of Maui, located on the leeward side of Haleakala. So, I don’t believe line-of-sight is possible from there.

I then reviewed the entire transcript of Pastor JD’s sermon of August 20, 2023. Do Not Fret Over Evildoers.

Now we add in what Pastor JD had to say in part.

“A targeted attack using geoengineering (Hurricane Dora) and a directed energy weapon, a.k.a. DEW (laser). Did you know there are two sites in the US that have these directed energy weapons? One is Nevada and the other is Maui.

Question: Why Maui?

Answer: It’s a “New Smart Grid in Hawaii,” dubbed the [Quote] “JUMPSmartMaui Project.”

This because the state of Hawaii’s goal is to obtain 40% of its electric power generation from renewable energy sources by 2030.”

Jumping forwards Pastor JD makes the statement,

“I have the most amazing family, by the way, and the most amazing wife a husband could ever want or hope to have.”

Hold that thought for now. Continuing.

“I’ll say it this way, and I’m leaving time at the end for a reason. So just again if you would please hang in with me until the end. I know that they go by other labels, and people call them “the elite, the globalist,” et all.

I’ve chosen to call these evil people “demon-possessed conspirators” because that’s what they are. They are literally possessed demonically in this satanic conspiracy. Notice I didn’t use the word “theory.”

“Actually, it’s a conspiracy. They have conspired together, plotted together this evil, satanic, demonic plot, and they’re trying to appear innocent when, in fact, they are guilty.”

God allows evil quoting Pastor JD.

“It was all evil, but God orchestrated it. He choreographed every step with precision perfection. And then the time came. In other words, you don’t have the salvation of many absent the evil of some.”

Bottom line, God always uses the evil for good in the end, and too His glory.

Looking at the Big Picture of all the evil going on in our world today, I see it as a pre–Rapture Eminent warning.

Either Satan utilized the hurricane and a structurally weak electrical system to burn Lahaina to the ground through his minions. As a preplanned event.

Or he directly caused both through man, Geoengineering (Hurricane Dora) and a directed energy weapon, a.k.a. DEW (laser). Again, through and by his minions.

I have no reason to think that Pastor JD would intentionally mislead anyone. It is not in the content of his excellent character. So, when he says that this was a planned targeted event, I can see it easily through the lens of the resources that he provided to back up his sermon (motive complete), in conjunction with my knowledge of current and past worldwide events.
At the time of this event, it would have been great to examine the wires that came down first, starting the initial fire to see if a laser cut had them, or if they failed in the high winds. But that evidence is long gone.

Now for the touchy part. While putting this all together it suddenly dawned on me that Pastor JD is being sifted to destroy his church, and to stop his prophesy update work. Circling back to what he said.

“I have the most amazing family, by the way, and the most amazing wife a husband could ever want or hope to have.”

He also made the statement in a later sermon, after it had been announced that his wife (Kellie) has a very aggressive form of cancer. That he basically needed her by his side to do his job as Pastor.

The Rapture is eminent, and we all know it. All we must do is stay alive no matter what shape we are in, or how debilitated we get. Just stay alive and the Rapture is ours. Make sure that no one deceives you and keep looking up.

Agape,
Ken

3 Likes

I usually use the browzer search to find the word. Even though what you wrote is not yet sent it is still involved in the current page and the search engine will take you right to it. Ok let me qualify that, I use Firefox as a browser most of the time and it works there. I have never tried on Chrome, Edge, Brave or any other browser but hey it might work. Better than reading through the upto 8000 characters you just slaved over to put into a coherent thought. Never know.

1 Like

I am using Chrome, I don’t think it works like that but it sure would have been nice to find that one word. It was there all the time looking me in the face. I was just too fatigued to see it after the 1000th time looking. Fresh eyes to day found it. It is not even a bad word unless used in a very specific context. It sure did drive me nuts. I swapped it out for another word meaning the same thing without changing context and Bingo.

1 Like

Wow. When pigs fly, helll freezes over, and the cows come home. You be up in some serious treasure trovin’ dear brother. My goodness. Impressive, and rather deligent. Plus, thanks Ken for making what was only a commercial Halloween fright night into a real world version of our own Paranormal like psyche-out movie. I’m thinking after all that you might be sleeping for a week. :+1: After you have rested, get some poorage in ya…cuz now that you ate from the too hot big bowl (anyway), your next assignement will be brought to you by the ghost of Christmas future (aka: this poorage is too cold–bowl). Upon completion you will find at the end of the table the smallest bowl where the poorage will be “just right.” Which we are hoping aligns with the rapture timing. Should you accept this mission…this post will probably not self destruct within 3 seconds anyway…so we wrote it in code as a portable bag of chips to have along side you when you start trying out those 3 chairs…but that’s in another episode. Bless you dear brother :slight_smile:

1 Like

If that were the case which there is little to point to that, nothing in the air, nothing seen on the water or ground in a line of site proximity to indicate it. What is much more logically obvious is the winds from the storm caused power lines to go down and ignite the very dry vegetation north of town where very high winds were already to fan it into big flames and send it running through town towards the beach front area.

Ok you have to pay attention to what is actually said in the video. There is a lot of misdirection in statements for instance the claim that the US Navy has lethal advanced technology alluding to very powerful lasers. Yet as you watch the video it shows lasers as defensive weapons shooting down small targets like drones and only in the best condition trials testing. Then there is the next part where the narrator explains differences between light based weapons and radio wave based weapons. But it also goes on after showing entertainment’s version of light based weapons which already set into the subconscious that just like in movies where light based weapons are shown to shoot across vast distance of even near space and follows that up with a statement that when it alludes to the theme of the video the so claimed to be newest laser can shoot thousands of miles into space. Yet there is no evidence of that happening so far. On top of that as I have stated several times a laser is naturally degraded over distance even in space just like a bullet has a limited effective distance and like a bullet is still subject to atmospheric elements it passes through.

Generally when weapons are tested they are not tested in the target area of a testing range but fired from outside the target area into it. So looking at the available satellite images of Kayho’olawe there are only 3 if I remember building structures and they to small to house all the equipment necessary to actually do such testing as it will take a significant power source to test a so called killer laser.

Sorry extreme measures are put into place when testing new weapons designs of this nature. The likelihood of an accidental discharge is nill. Besides when I checked with my son just now and he with contacts within the DOD research area, the facility on Maui that the USAF operates is working on not a kill shot laser but a range finding laser as well as with the excessive computing ability to track a target. It is not the right kind of laser and does not have deadly force as its main objective. That is from the DOD R&D people familiar with the Muai installation. Think of the concept of laser range finders used by golfers. Some of them can be accurate out to over 1000 yards some less only 600 to 900 yards but they will still reach much further they are just not accurate in measuring distance. So from the DOD folks my son talked to and a neccisity of any weapons designed to reach out and touch some thing it has to be aimed and accurately. The Maui facility is working on the aim aspect that would be married to an actual kill shot type of laser.

I have already addressed the line of sight issue into Lahaina from the mountain top facility. There is a finger coming off the mountain directly behind Lahaina and its ridge at 4000 feet in the view of Lahaina from the MSSC. That would require a bending of the beam that one is not possible and two would degrade the effectiveness of beam on target if bent some how. And yes the laser facility on Maui is well with in range of a range finding, target acquistion laser system.

This is where I am putting an end to this discussion. This kind of statement is an insistence to try and justify a preconceived bias. Since it is agreed no line of sight to Lahaina lets pick a place a little higher but only by 400 feet or less. NO! There is no ability to view any part of Lahaina from the MSSC not at the beach front area or slightly higher up near the high school at the north side of Lahaina.

As such I am just dropping this discussion here on the forum. No matter what proof I bring there will always be someone who will have some ridiculously formlated “what if.” I am tire of dealing with that over and over. So any further mention of Lahaina will not include me. I am just not going to keep going around in circles over this. If people want to insist and believe fantasy then so be it. Let deception reign.

3 Likes

Hey all. Just some Lahaine event thoughts in general as we move along. In general, what is helpful to observe at this point is that we have seen over the years a lot of rapture date expectations. We have seen a lot of prophecy blueprints and outlines (defining prophecy trajectory along the way). We have seen views on the AC (in Israel? In Europe? In America? In the middle east?). We have seen 10 nation confederacy notions of Europe or BRICS. We have seen the VAX as the first seal. We have seen many hypie things in the watcher world. It is no mystery many of us on are high alert.

With these things occuring regurlarly, we are now faced with an epic election year in the USA. We see nationalism increase in countries like Argentina, El Salvador, and we were thinking maybe italy…guess we’ll have to see. We know the US has now become the international hub of globalism just shy of Davos. Now with COP28 and a year loaded for bear to probably super highten the amount of videos produced, we are probably in the year of the firehose (in terms of velocity of input, data, and distraction).

Because of COVID and massive government deception along with the Ukraine war and the US using money laundering tactics to fleece the Federal Reserve AND the incredible amount of lack of justice in the land now today…it is no wonder a people would be so distrusting of government ploys. I believe peeps just trying to make sense of things we know now the government may well twist right in our faces, that we are kind of left to our own devices to sort out the mess all over the floor, is compassion worthy.

As for Lahaine, there certainly are concerns of how negligent the government seemed to be on several fronts (including New Age ideology i believe to honor the water god more than people i believe in one instance). As for laser weapons there was some decent coverage dispelling that. And recent celebration of DragonFire attests to how far along we might actually be. i think we are priviledged to have @BayouBushi’s input and experience and connections and sound thinking.

. . . . .

On a somewhat more intimate not…

@BayouBushi brother we realize this is just a forum, and you come not in an official role of overseer. However, many on this forum look up to you as an overseer of sorts. And because of your great wealth of knowledge and experience and ability to get real time data, in your role here, i believe you kind of are in a way an overseer of sorts–by default of of “body” function. As a beliiever and in service without pay we are all bondservants, I would just encourage you dear brother to consider the role our sovereign God has afforded you to be on our forum. I believe Ken was just sharing from his heart and tried his darndest too meet you half way. Nothing in what he shared was ill willed or not in a desire of a good faith conversation with you brother. And understanablle that he would want to come to the defense of his pastor. Nothing wrong with that sentiment in general.

I have had many things i don’t see eye to eye with where Pastor JD is coming from. So i understand the concern in differences…baleive me i do. :slight_smile: And i have trieed to share them respectuflly in our forum. So we are all at we are where we are at here in all of our lives. God has or at least had (depending on how you may see it) provided you with a forum family that for the most part thinks highly of you, has a bit of history with you, and some are very grateful for what you offer here in our forum family. I would just like to be of encouragement that as we do have verses from of our dear Lord that echo how those entrusted with a measure of oversight compacity “by Him” can best walk according to His true spirit, these verses below might resonate pehaps in how to consider future interactions in our forum.

I imagine (accoding to what we see in those Timothy books) the stakes were a lot higher, and the issues a lot far more intense (perhaps by comparison making somewhat petty where believers find today to be disagreeable), and yet even as perhaps burtally different as they might have been than from that of our day, gentleness, patience, and taking no offense were staples. Something we are all growing in together. Blessings.

2 Tim 2
The Lord’s bond-servant must not be quarrelsome, but be kind to all, skillful in teaching, patient when wronged, 25 with gentleness correcting those who are in opposition, if perhaps God may grant them repentance leading to the knowledge of the truth, 26 and they may come to their senses and escape from the snare of the devil, having been held captive [l]by him to do his will.

Viral images claiming to showing the cause of the Maui fires are not true (youtube.com)

HammerDex US V7 (youtube.com)

. . . . .

PS – This came to me as i was working and just am hopeful this can make a helpful point on a
similarity. Jack I remember when there were deep discussions about Pastor JD and emphasis on 911 not using planes. There are some on this forum (self included) that would not see that no planes were used but would affirm 911 as an inside job. And there were some concerns as to whether or not that was the best use of demonstrating proveable deception. This was/is a rather controversial issue. One you greatly defended Pastor JD in. One that i would see as “fantasy.” I realize there are all kinds of stats and studies etc. Whereas here there is not (with laser fire starters). But it is fringe. I produced recently released video of new (old) footage of planes literally crashing with audience reaction. But some will hold to no planes because of the research available. Some will hold to no planes for what they understand and in defense of the pastor. Either way, you defended Pastor JD with what you understood to have merit. Ken was doing the same. There are more studies on no planes use, but they are fringe. Especially in contrast to air footage and testimonies. I admit even though i think its total fantasy there could have been no planes used. I give it a small percentage. But in deference to brothers and sister and Pastor JD i would have wanted that to have been an opportunity in discussion. One that hopefully glorifies God in our differences. And since it is something outside of what i can rip out of my pocket and show everyone…i just believe that where it comes to seeing differently…it is edifying to the body to make use of difference in such a way we can hope to be more edifying and glorifying God with…even though we see differenty. Which is what i would hope something like this (this post) might do. Even if it does not speak to you…perhaps others might be blessed. But hopefully you to. Double Blessings.

1 Like

I would accept that and had to a point. That point being a common style of debate when someone hold a strongly held belief for any reason. That is when their point is thoroughly refuted instead of stepping back and looking at the premise to see if maybe it is faulty, instead they look to variations of old points to try to push forward on. For example flat earth believers. For years they put forth argument points that were strictly scientific and mathematical in nature. As people will real backgrounds in both science and math came along and showed the faults in their arguments what did the flat earth believers do? Did they step back and reconsider their premise? No they shifted their arguments to something they thought the scientist and mathematicians were not familiar with to keep pushing their false narrative.

Do I think it was done intentionally? No I do not. What I think is that such a form of debate has become so prevalent and so many have seen it so often that it has seeped in subconsciously as an acceptable style of debate. A lot of people do it not to be mean but, because they have not witnessed legitimate debates held under strict rules of order. In short they don’t know what an actual debate looks like. I don’t fault people for not knowing. It is not their fault. They are influenced by what they have seen, heard, and experienced. Still when I see it and I suspect that is all they know of debating a subject I know it is time to leave the debate. It will only devolve into a plate of spaghetti with with arguments getting twisted around so bad that you end up with nothing more than knot ball of noodles that is impossible to swallow.

Pastor JD is a good man and a good teacher. At times I believe he is misled and a lot of that from other well meaning but subject ignorant people. It happens at times. I understand that. If you ever see me speaking out against something he might say then rest assured I am not trying to belittle him but set the facts straight. After that it is up to others to make up their mind. If they come with preconceived biases to debate and it becomes obvious then I will gladly step away and let people learn the hard way. Jesus told the Apostles when he sent them out that if when in a house their teaching was rejected leave and knock the dust from their sandals. That is all I did.

1 Like

Hi Jack, for the record on my end I did not see us having a debate. Just two brothers having a discussion as to the possible events that took place. We actually agreed on most things.

I think it is just as important to have the discussion without it becoming a heated battle, so others can see how to properly behave on our forum.

That is a fair statement, no one is perfect. One that can be made for any pastor in reality.

And you should. If they are of the same Holy Spirit it becomes the Spirits job to educate them, and you maintain the unity of the Spirit in the Body of Christ.

It was when leaving a rejecting home or town that would not receive their message…not to one who did not receive your message in discussion.
That would bring a worse fate on them than on Sodom and Gomorrah come judgement day.
I know you would not wish that on me, it would not work anyway by the way. But it would be considered an insult if you had meant it.

Considering what I just said I would advise against that. Otherwise them’s fighting words.

Nice brother Ken, really nice… thank you!
And behave we should if we call ourselves disciples of Jesus. Help us LORD!

Now I don’t mean to put too much pressure on any of us that would translate into:
“We should be perfect” because we simply can’t get to perfection. Perfectionism is a heavy burden to carry, Jesus doesn’t require perfection from us but rather He made provision for those times when we fail and blow it up.

We will blow our lines occasionally, and when that happens to any of us we just need to forgive one another, 70 times 7 every day if necessary. That’s 490 times :slight_smile:

Jesus’ Math is great, full of grace!

Thanks again Ken!

2 Likes

I would tend to agree with this stance. I am a dispensationalist and would see the view of that narrative of Jesus referring to Israel who had been exposed intimately to His leading for 1500 years. We know how this immediate context plays out…Israel’s temple is destroyed and they are exiled from their own land for 2,000 years. So yeah I would just see the statement about dusting off our feet to be a pajorative to a nation that had been exposed to God’s intimate activity for 1500 years and would not recognize their own Messiah. I would not see that as something the church does. When we visit John’s letters published 60 years later, we do see the church’s struggle with proto-gnostics. And warnings not to grant favor toward their false teachings (by a greeting or some form of endorsement). But this was while scripture was still being written. I believe it holds for today too that we should not tacitly endorse false doctrines, but we also live in a day and age where Christians debating other religions or athiestis etc. is platformed. Scripture is not still being written, so we have a little room for discretion I believe.

I believe though Ken you were seeing it as a discussion and I have known you to also have a great concern for best discussion practices on our forum. In general I would share that it is more a discussion than a debate. But in that, I also consider @BayouBushi concerns too that we can be prone to thinking along lines of defending things greatly out of subjectivity. I don’t think you were coming from that place. But there is a reasonable concern, I believe, to be a class of people who might become increasingly navigated toward subjectivity. In one way I would see concerns like “all politics is theater” or “just believe the narrative of any one pastor over and above all else that is going on in the world” to be atomic bomb caliber cannon fodder for SUBJECTIVITY central. In that respect, there are things that can be helpful to also consider.

As Anca has beautifully endorsed, yes regardless of the tension, the difficulties, the confusion, even the riff raff, I would understand that His spirit will work through vessels best as we seek for His character in our personal exchanges also be seen perhaps even from several vantage points. Like the prisms of a diamond, we might be chiseled along the way hopefully to reflect more and more of Him from increasing prism perspectives…if that makes sense.

Thanks Jack for your cordial and detailed reply. I hope some of these additional POVs shared here can also be what seeps into the body dynamic over time as well…possibly. Blessings :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I was in Laheina last month and found the church that is on front street just north of the downtown area that was burned - the church with the large sign that says Jesus Saves was still there - I was so happy to see it cause I had wondered if that small church and signed had burned - thank you Jesus !,
MARANATHA - our Blessed Hope is coming for us - see you there :latin_cross: :grinning:

3 Likes