February 19, 2023 - Bible Prophecy Update - Distracted From Our First Love

Thanks @FaithHopeLove and @DBF for your research!

5 Likes

21 Feb 2023 (Continuation on Asbury “Revival”)

Copied from Facebook:

Another red flag at Asbury. I don’t know who the speaker is, it may be a staff member, but regardless, he was given the platform.

I think one of the reasons why this “revival” has captured so much attention and is viewed as the real deal, is that it’s contrary to what has been touted as “revival” in recent years. We’re used to celebrity speakers hyping up crowds in stadiums. We’re used to the “revivalists” at Bethel spouting their fanciful claims that God is moving in their midst - when all they can offer is glitter, false prophecies, unverified miracles, and vain imaginations of encounters with God. All you need is a bible and a brain to see through their shenanigans. This is different. Instead of the usual boisterous, pompous, and narcissistic apostles, prophets, and worship leaders in the NAR, there are nameless and quiet people on the stage. No celebrities, no official leader, no program, no bizarre manifestations. It’s gentle, it’s of a contemplative nature…and there’s the problem - subjectivity. Asbury is no stranger to the contemplative aspect: Contemplative prayer is practiced: “Jan. 17 – Pause: Silence, Reflection & Contemplative Prayer – 11 a.m.”

https://www.asbury.edu/…/spirit…/chapel/attendance/flex/

Former dean Dr. Brian Russell was allowed to promote his book on centering prayer during an Asbury Seminary podcast called Thrive.

The description of his book (Centering Prayer: Sitting Quietly in God’s Presence Can Change Your Life) on Amazon - “A new, but ancient, way to pray can turn your life around. Discover how to experience God’s love at your core, freeing you to love others, and even yourself.”

https://thrive.asburyseminary.edu/dr-brian-russell…/

It boils down to a subjective experience with God, quiet, and contemplative, unlike Bethel’s grandiose encounters with God, but mystical nonetheless.

Furthermore, we cannot ignore the first-hand testimonies of others:

• A Roman Catholic’s experience: "Father Fischer, who wore his alb and stole while at Asbury, told OSV News he “got into praise mode” during what he called the “modernized Taizé experience,” and found himself “filled with love.”

https://www.detroitcatholic.com/…/jesus-was-right-next

• Laura Levens, assistant professor of Christian mission at Baptist Seminary of Kentucky wrote the following in Baptist News:

"A revival not heavy on preaching

Some who were present at the beginning of the current revival say it began in a mood of contemplation and a search for connection, repentance and calling. This revival is not preaching laden. On the contrary, it seems almost preaching averse."

https://baptistnews.com/…/what-i-witnessed-this-week…/

And that brings us to this clip. People don’t get saved by experiencing a “presence,” they are saved when they hear, repent, and believe the gospel. The power is in the gospel, not a subjective presence.:

“For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.” Romans 1:16.

“And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone preaching?.. So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ.” Romans 10:14&17.

While God may be doing a work in some folk at Asbury, we cannot ignore the many red flags present, and we cannot call this a revival.

---------------------

11 Likes

Agreed! What I find missing is:

• The Diety of Jesus as God.

• In Scripture, Jesus isn’t only our Example (their text reads as if Jesus’ life is an example or a suggested way to live), but rather our Example as we’re commanded to live by and through His grace. (If He’s our Lord, He’s our Lord. There’s no gray area.)

Just my humble opinion.

15 Likes

He characterized the church as a gift to Pope Francis, and he described its namesake, St. Francis of Assisi, as “the saint of universal brotherhood, peace, and reconciliation, and the saint of the custody of creation.”

Following each religion’s building traditions, the mosque is oriented toward Mecca, the synagogue is oriented toward Jerusalem, and the church is oriented to the east, the direction of the rising sun.

5 Likes

Above post by Dennis hits it right on the head!

I have no doubt that Asbury “revival” is a "revival " of mystery
religion.
Mysticism is the common thread that runs through Asbury, NAR,
Catholicism, New Age and Eastern religions.

Mysticism teaches that experience is above scripture.
They believe they can receive further revelation from
their practices.
Practices such as Contemplative prayer, meditation, repeating
words or phrases, walking labyriths and other practices are used
to “experience” God and awaken "Christ ", the Divine, within
ones self.

This is the “Christ Consciousness” state one attains where
it is actually the “Cosmic Christ” who is being worshipped.

Asbury like other colleges practice Spiritual Formation
and it is a big part of their agenda.
They even offer Spiritual Formation Master of Arts Degrees.

Here are some resource books they use.
Here are the mystics a few of the mystics they recommend:
Dallas Willard
Richard Foster
Henry Nouwen

Mysticism was a major focus while I was in NAR.
Asbury will readily accept Mike Bickel and Francis Chan who
speaks of Gods “crazy love” because they are of the same spirit.
It is “peace. love, and joy” that is the fruit and draw of this
revival.
That is a message that joins the in this budding Universal Spirituality.

And of course Rick Warren is accepted:

Asbury already has joined with Catholics. They offer the
the Eucharist (which they call a “mystery”) daily at twelve.

We are in the process of watching the process of “Mystery Babylon”
come together as one entity–the false church.

Although we’ve known this was coming it is still a major sober
realization to see it accutally take place.

These students and all the other people who place aside
scriptural Truth to compromise with the vast majority
who will offficially join in “spiritual unity”–Global Spirituality
will soon face the wrath of God.

We must pray constantly that our loved ones and other
naive uneducated people are not seduced into this
monstrosity that will clad itself in peace joy and love
and experiences and encounters with God.
May God open eyes. Time is so short.

Rev. 17*:1And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters:*
2 With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.
3 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.
4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:
5 And upon her forehead was a name written,
Mystery, Babylon The Great,
The Mother Of Harlots And Abominations Of The Earth.

The “mystery” of the mystics is Babylon and the Awakening is Luciferian.

16 Likes

And so comes the new universal religion just waiting for Satan to come to full power, and his false prophet to come to life.

8 Likes

Agree YosemiteMountainMan

Re: the Pope, Assisi and the Sun

The Pope’s favourite poem is Cantacle of the Sun by Francis of Assisi

It is interesting to read up on Francis of Assisi and the Cantacle

Pope John Paul II called all religions to pray at Assisi in 1986

World religions

In 1986 John Paul invited the leaders of all major religions to Assisi, Italy, for a universal prayer service for world peace. The meeting was scorned by the ultraconservatives of several religions, including his own.

Pope Benedict Vi called the youth of all religions to pray at Assisi 25 years later in 2011

The first Jesuit Pope chose his name after Francis of Assisi…strategically chosen I believe for our day re: the recent documents Pope Francis signed with the Grand Imam re: brotherhood and King Mohammed Vi of Morocco over Jerusalem

Francis of Assisi was also an environmentalist as is Pope Francis

8 Likes

Excellent write up @Gigi.
I did not follow the Asbury service or waste too much of my time with it, I knew what it was.
I knew that it was just a matter of time before they shut it down, especially when people started coming in from all over the place. And the wolves started flocking to it.
It was so predictable.
I would not be a bit surprised to find out later on that the Kundalini Spirit showed up at the service.

For those who do not know what the Kundalini Spirit is.
The kundalini spirit is usually related to Hinduism, but it has been creeping into the Christian churches masquerading as the Holy Spirit on many occasions.

The Kundalini Spirit and the Shaktipat Diksha response is NOT THE RESULT OF THE INDWELLING OF THE HOLY SPIRIT OF OUR HOLY BIBLE.

IT IS EVIL…… IT IS NOT CHRISTIAN AT ALL.

YOU WILL NOT FIND THIS BEHAVIOR ANYWHERE IN THE WORD OF GOD.

What you will find is behavior that is exactly the opposite, and completely self-controlled and sober minded.

Worshiping God as creator, is Spirit and in Truth.

Here is an example of the Kundalini Spirit.
Never be fooled due to lack of knowledge.

Blessings, Ken

15 Likes

Praise God that this fellowship benefits from the discernment and wisdom (from above) of so many brothers and sisters - not least yours @Gigi :blue_heart:

20 Likes

22 Feb 2023

Distraction 1: Social Media and Internet ( Asbury “revival” promo )

----------------------------------------

----------------------------------------

Pastor Brandon’s RHC midweek prophecy update slides:

10 Likes

Bless you sister. I understand. I would agree we are to share His word straight. But we are on a forum that does not posture our generation like any other. Pastor JD shared that he came to the Lord by seeing evil first. When he shares updates with a focus on deception to hopefully open the eyes of others (like 911), some might consider that applying man’s wisdom. I for one would think it not actually wise that Pastor JD expect people to come as he did or use such controversy to get people to see. The gospel does its work, not the recognition of deception. So in one way I’d say that is man’s wisdom.

BUT GOD
But even though I don’t think Pastor JD should share like 911 stuff to wake people up, I actual admire his creative spirit in so doing. I believe that what God is doing in general in our age is waking people up by the “revealing” of such obnoxious evil afloat these days. So in that way i would see what some could see as a boutique style share from JD (of his own mere preference), but instead since i see God also doing it in huge order during our age–I’d see risk taking with JD, but enginuity in his spirit in so doing and taking that risk. Pastor JD makes quite a many accusations also with prophecy updates. The prophecy updates do as well also serve as evangelism in ways (as Pastor JD has stated). And many of them i don’t believe belong actually in the pulpit at all. And they certainly are his “opinions.” Now some of those I would not say are enginuity but just his conviction. And that i would believe not belong on prophecy videos that also serve as outreach to the lost, because I would view some of JD’s views as mere opinion. Or mans wisdom. I am not saying that having a chip on my shoulder. I differ with those things, but I want to support Pastor JD where his childlike heart in Him performs in stellar spiritual fashion for His glory, amen. So in this sense if we look at something like how these updates function, while looking down on some other methods like HeGetsUs, I would guess I would see that potentially as the church maybe having a blind spot of sorts.

THE CHURCH AS A CARE PACKAGE
But in no way is that the prime reason I bring this up. I just see in general over the course of the years (a church i went to before) a sense where the focus was more on how people should hear where they are coming from rather than taking the time to God honestly understanding the mission field so as how to relate best with them. This has been a concern of mine for decades. The church has tended to want to conform the image of what the mission field is supposed to look like for it, not liking it when the world tells the church what it should look like. I don’t side with either. I just have a heart for people that won’t track like us or in general society and its on us to take the time and concern to care enough to understand them. Not to market to them. But just that, to care to understand.

THE MISSIONS APPROACH – FOR CENTURIES
A dear ladie i know in ministry in the Australian islands was part of painstaking team to write out the bible in their Indian tribal language. It took years. Considering the differences in their culture and the need for helpful metaphor to match their perceptions taking years. And I just don’t see that kind of zeal to care as much in the church in general and it kind of saddens me (well this is why i bring it up in any case). But rather, maybe we feel the culture should understand us. To me its kind of a recipe though of our age unfortunately perhaps not so clearly seen maybe…i don’t know.

WHAT IS 21ST CENTURY PAUL?
What’s more important than what’s wrong is what is right. At least that is what attracted me to Pastor JD to begin with. And i am always looking for those things even though there have been many developments over the past several months that can tend to separate that a bit. When Paul said at least Christ is being preached, well that meant something. And perhaps it can mean something today.

THE BLESSED HOPE AS A SPECIAL EVENT TO THE FATHER
Speaking of today, do we not see ourselves as not just another generation but “the generation.” Do we not see ourselves as the Figtree generation ready for the Blessed Hope? Why not consider what might reach more quicker at 90 seconds to midnight? I understand the theological concerns and they are valid. But would not the figure of $6 million minutes of advertising during the most famous televised hour not also potentially agree with us of the lateness of the hour? We may differ sister, amen. Where i don’t differ with you is the staple clear presentation and love toward the lost should be the focus. Where we might differ though is just that I see that on one hand we can put forth our version of men’s wisdom, but not perhaps consider how God might use other’s versions of that. Especially in such a late hour. If we had a month or two left here, and thousands actually got saved from where the spirit led people from that commercial, would we enter the presence of Him telling those rapturing up with us they should not have responded to the wisdom of man? No. I mean i guess in some ways it feels like we as being human (not you just saying in general here) can want it both ways in some ways. Here is what i mean…

IN ATTEMPT TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION
We want to have the pristine presence of conviction on perhaps how things should best be done, had we years and years to come. Yet make our own boutique concessions often of what it should look like at 90 seconds also to midnight. Don’t vote, don’t plan on much of a future, get ready, just look up, do this, think that…but then also not see events right in front of our eyes perhaps that scream the lateness of the hour equally like filthy mammon galore spent on a prime time tv ad that might actually (because of His spirit) make huge use of thousands rapturing with us? To me this view baffles me. I try hard…it does not come naturally, to get very much past my own biases where I differ with many a watcher’s views. But i do try and do strive because i care about the family of God in general regardless of how much we differ. I am not always sure how best to share those kinds of things where my concerns might otherwise be better stated. I am trying. I am not just trying to be a contrarian. Or certainly not standing up for seeker friendly Christianity.

I guess one way we could reach Gen Z is understand it is a generation that does not think like us not in it. And take the time like we would if it were a different country and prep for missions to another country. And help the church understand how best to reach them. Not marketing. This is missions 101. But it sounds pretty foreign, don’t it? lol. Not funny. But yeah…that is kind of my point. Hope it makes some sense any way. Bless your heart for reading and considering.

One question in that respect though we might ask is: To what degree possibly, in respect to perhaps a general downplay of missionary minded approaches in our Christian culture these days, might HeGetsUs seem odd? Or another way of viewing that perspective is: In what ways might HeGetsUs suggest we could be more missionary minded? Or perhaps an even deeper potential observation: To what degree might seeker friendly “marketing” reflect man’s wisdom attempt at offsetting a vacuum of the church perhaps not mindfully considering the missionary mindset the church has practice for centuries toward other international cultures? When a new language to be learned and a new culture is to be undertaken to consider (that of a foreign land) it is easier to see. Often it is not the case when it is so close to home maybe? Well that’s kind of the best i can do for now. Love in Him dear sister. blessings.

And now there has been “slain in the spirit” activity in the chapel. Click the video on the left:

https://twitter.com/TerriGreenUSA/status/1628493578698690561/video/1

Adding:

There is speculation as to whether or not it happened during the ongoing events or if it happened at the seminary in 2021…but red flags are raised. Screen shot:

10 Likes

As I said before

What @Myrrh added from Terri Green is the Kundalini Spirit.
“slain in the spirit” is just another name for it. Great catch Merrilee

10 Likes

This looks very encouraging as a Worship Service, and I hope it does spread thought our land and world if led by responsible pastors in their churches, to spread the Good News.
I believe that this is the way the Holy Spirit would move and do it, but in churches.
Maranatha
University provides a shining light for Evangelicals, Jewish believers in Jesus

6 Likes

Thank you so much for your observations. A lot of these wierd eastern things creeping into churches . I have tried to speak up …one tine a brother heaveniky into judo when i tried to warn him.he said but this is used by Holy Monks? Whrn i said nothing Holy about worshipping false Gods i got chewed out for intolerance. And the slain in the spirit stuff always creeped me out

6 Likes

@YosemiteMountainMan
Ken, I’m confused by your post and link. You seem to be saying now that this (video link) that started in asbury is the way the Holy Spirit would move?

What am I missing? Sorry if it’s obvious, but I’ve been following this conversation.

Thanks,
Letitia

1 Like

I think many of us were probably watching out for this, Ken, yes? It’s sort of that last straw that you never want to see.

I do hope that it was fakery, at best, because if the Kundalini spirit has been drawn in at any time on that campus, oh my….:grimacing:.

4 Likes

People are very protective of the extras that they believe in.

4 Likes

Yes , one of our leaders tried introducing the contemplative prayer thing but i wasnt the only one who objected

7 Likes

6 Likes