July 16, 2023: Bible Prophecy Update – Calm Down, Look Up

So should we be looking for an earthquake in scripture?

Re: “I told you so.”, no matter how heavily veiled is a phrase rarely appreciated and never helpful."

There is nothing “veiled” in my comments… I do not sugar coat. Or falsely flatter.

Because of pride, a fool never appreciates correction or rebuke… even when it is done for their own good, and out of Love, with no malice or guile.

A wise man considers correction and rebuke to be helpful.

Proverbs 9:8
Do not correct a scoffer, lest he hate you; Rebuke a wise man, and he will love you.

Proverbs 28:23
He who rebukes a man will find more favor afterward Than he who flatters with the tongue.

1 Like

Yes, @miraclewaterforme you’ve already explained your original comment to me in a lengthy private message, but thank you for clarifying again.

2 Likes

If you’re feeling anxious, sad and lonely, here’s a sweet reminder from God how much He loves you. :yellow_heart:

5 Likes

Been there done that he took me to the wood shed too!
I am calming down now, as it to will pass.

Shalom

2 Likes

Odd, I find myself posting this on a Calm Down Update!

railer

noun

1. One who makes or furnishes rails.
  2. One who rails, scoffs, insults, censures, or reproaches with opprobrious language.
  3. One who rails; one who scoffs, insults, censures, or reproaches with opprobrious language.

It seem that this scripture may not carry as much weight as one would think.

“Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD and shun evil” (Proverbs 3:7).

Reply to Objection: A secure and calm conscience is a great good, according to Prov.15:15, “A secure mind is like a continual feast.” Wherefore he that disturbs another’s conscience by confounding him inflicts a special injury on him: hence derision is a special kind of sin.

Ephesians iv. 32 and v. 1, 2
… For the man who will play the jester will soon go on to be a railer, and the railer will go on to heap ten thousand other mischiefs on himself. …

But now I write to you not to associate with anyone who bears the name of [Christian] brother if he is known to be guilty of immorality or greed, or is an idolater [whose soul is devoted to any object that usurps the place of God], or is a person with a foul tongue [railing, abusing, reviling, slandering], or is a drunkard or a swindler or a robber. [No] you must not so much as eat with such a person.

I have to remind myself of this on many occasions. I share it now in hopes that some others may be reminded also.

Adios For Now & Shalom

6 Likes

I actually haven’t read through the code of conduct in a while, good reminder for all.

Pondering if that would also include stating that another member is refusing to be a Berean…

5 Likes
1 Like

:thinking: If you get that far in the weeds maybe sounds reasonable.

Maranatha

2 Likes

The way i deal with this is just to see all of the church under the unbrella of Laodicea. That way, I’m like totally covered. One big rebuke to all including self. Now that we got that out of the way…we can work toward building one another up like Paul’s passion was.

2 Likes

Just some of my thoughts. Take them or leave them.

Just remember, J.W., Mormons, et al etc. all quote lots and lots of scriptures. Would one be offended if they said we weren’t being ‘good Bereans’? Hmmm. I wouldn’t be.

1Co 13:2 And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.

1Co 13:4-8 Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends.

I need to be more loving in my life for sure.

Blessings.

7 Likes

Buzz- Buzz Buzz- Buzz Buzz- Buzz Buzz- Buzz :honeybee:

3 Likes

What an awesome video Stacey! Thank you for posting.

3 Likes

Well now you did it Dan…

I have to go look up a new word again… :smiley:

opprobrious

adjective

• Expressing contemptuous reproach; scornful or abusive.
  • Bringing disgrace; shameful or infamous.
  • Expressive of opprobrium; attaching disgrace; reproachful; scurrilous.
8 Likes

Eh…

Paul levels the playing field for those who would pass judgment on other believers. All of Romans 14 is good meat, but verse 4 sums it up.

Romans 14:4

Who are you to judge someone else’s servant? To his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand.

6 Likes

Nice to still see some regulars here these days… :slight_smile:

8 Likes

What about the other sheep you walk with?

OK, that sounds good to a point. I receive that idea but I personally don’t believe a random sheep should decide its time to shear other sheep in public.

So how will we come to unity in Love if we are wondering who took the shears from the Shepard.

Maybe its better to just keep walking and maybe they will not see you and let the other sheep just deal with it.

Well I would Not see as very loving then as its not about you or I its about all of us together behind the true Shepard.

True sheep of the Lord will not follow the voice of another shepherd.

Shalom

1 Like

You can blame that on TCC he does it all the time. I have expanded my vocabulary because of him. Just not sure if I remember all he taught me :thinking:

Good to hear from you brother its been to long.

Shalom

4 Likes

Appreciate the sentiment… It’s good to see you too Dan. Went on a bit of a Sabbatical after the rug got pulled out from under us…

Anyone hear from NamDoc anymore? Thoughts and prayers for him and his wife.

4 Likes

No, not in a good while I tried to PM a few times when the Lord put him on my heart. Yes, we are agreement in praying for our brother NamDoc.

Seems we all have meet many wonderful brothers and sisters here. Praise the Lord for that and I can’t wait to be reunited with them in the air!

At least we know they are in the His hands.

Shalom Till Maranatha

3 Likes