June 13, 2021: Bible Prophecy Update

Good idea so what’s the agreed view before we start ? We have to have something to test against.

1 Like

The WORD of course… :slight_smile:

1 Like

ALRIGHT !!! Bible study time !!!.

1 Like

JaimieOxford

43245343_1813992135365586_2837186246764134400_n

1 Like

I take this as it is written:

Hebrews 10:1-18

8 When he said above, “You have neither desired nor taken pleasure in sacrifices and offerings and burnt offerings and sin offerings” (these are offered according to the law), 9 then he added, “Behold, I have come to do your will.” He does away with the first in order to establish the second. 10 And by that will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

11 And every priest stands daily at his service, offering repeatedly the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins. 12 But when Christ[b] had offered for all time a single sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God, 13 waiting from that time until his enemies should be made a footstool for his feet. 14 For by a single offering he has perfected for all time those who are being sanctified.

15 And the Holy Spirit also bears witness to us; for after saying,

16 “This is the covenant that I will make with them
after those days, declares the Lord:
I will put my laws on their hearts,
and write them on their minds,”

17 then he adds,

“I will remember their sins and their lawless deeds no more.”

18 Where there is forgiveness of these, there is no longer any offering for sin.

5 Likes

1 Peter 3:18
Verse
For Christ also died for sins once for all, the just for the unjust, so that He might bring us to God, having been put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit;

3 Likes

Those are just a couple of the verses of what I have read so this is for me a litmus test.

2 Likes

Your reasons are clearly stated.

Here is the view I propose in response:

Here we are in full agreement.

This is the debatable part.

2 Likes

We must then understand first ,before we continue, what happens the moment we accept salvation.

Other important questions are, who gives us the gift of salvation ? Who makes the promise of all sins past, present and future forgiven once ?

Which gospel ? How could they otherwise have believed in vain ?

Did they really eat ?

If we deliberately keep on sinning. This as far as I can see about not only general sins but works.

Which means if we try to do it ourselves then we are working our way to salvation and not accepting that Jesus did it once for us.

1 Like

Hi Saved-by-Grace, I’ve been wanting to ask a couple of question to you…if we can lose our salvation, how will we know when we’ve lost it? Where is the line drawn by God on how many sins, or how severe the sin, before we are cut off?
Also, I’m wondering why you chose your particular user name?
I guess one more…how do you know when you’re back in?
I guess I’m visualizing someone making the choice to jump into a lake to “save” a drowning person…then does that very thing successfully…but later finds out the person was unworthy in their eyes & then throws them back in the lake to drown again.
Also, I take this following verse to mean that those that are His, cannot be taken away from Him?

John 6:39, “And this is the Father’s will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.”

I don’t want to get into labels such as Armenians and Calvinists…but Instead, would just like to dissect scripture together. There is so much name calling and labeling out in the secular world, I think we’re all tired of being shut down with that…honest study with brothers and sisters would be fun, without our previous teachings, and only scripture before us.

3 Likes

Ok The questions are there to make you question them the way I do. If you understand the questions I ask when reading them then you know how I think of them. Not to frustrate you.

You might ask how and I might ask why concerning the same piece of scripture. Take the question I asked and think of the verse that way. Then you know why I think that way.

This is also the other thing I sin too, but do I believe that I can do what I want ? That’s the other issue too.

1 Like

Here is my input. When we accept Christ the Holy Spirit lives spiritually in us ? Correct ?

2 Likes

Yes!..that’s the difference!..we have been made a new creation!!..but like Paul, we are struggling between the flesh and the new man. …but the difference is our desires! We don’t WANT to sin anymore, even though we sometimes do…because we are still in these bodies of flesh.

5 Likes

Now thinking about who lives in us so now the question is who lives in us ? Read the verse.

2 TIMOTHY 2:13

If we are faithless [do not believe and are untrue to Him], He remains true (faithful to His Word and His righteous character), for He cannot deny Himself.

Next issue God gives us the gift and we accept it. Once the gift is given we cannot give it back. God WILL NOT go back on His promise because He does not need us to keep His promise.

You salvation and sanctification are not the same. 2 believers can accept at the same time, one will always crawl and never learn to walk, while the other has learned to run.

2 Likes

Carnal Christians do exist. We can’t always identify them but they are worldly and they do exist. Those are the ones, who when arriving at the Beoma Seat will have many regrets.

3 Likes