March 12, 2023: Bible Prophecy Update -- Unexpected, Unprepared

Oh, Loretta, I am so sorry! So very sorry. :cry::pray:

Heavenly Crochet! THIS we can aim for.:two_hearts:

8 Likes

My thoughts are that believing the rapture to be close and subsequently the horrible Tribulation, there is more of an urgency to get the gospel out.
Also , we likely have a more hopeful outlook which may seem odd given what’s coming, but is because we know that Jesus told us the signs to watch for and then to look up for our soon redemption.

It is absolutely the last of the last days because, it’s not just single signs but ALL of them NOW occurring together. He said “ when you see THESE things BEGIN to happen “… well , they have begun and have been going on for some time.

We also know that we are better off knowing that our endurance is soon to see it’s fulfillment when that trumpet sounds.

As we occupy til he comes , we are better focused and also more apt to be on alert and use more discernment so we are not deceived in these deeply deceptive times as we watch and take heed to what Jesus advised would occur just prior to our flight out of here.

Regard them being caught off guard and surprised, I suppose in that moment it won’t matter but they probably will be kicking themselves :laughing: on the way up that they were lollygagging around assuming they had 30 years to get focused.

20 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/live/a0eF758SDXw?feature=share

Revelation 3:10-11
King James Version

10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.
11 Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.

12 Likes

I have added the Britt Gillette update on 13 March post just now. This banking crisis is fluid right now. Globalist will exploit this to the end.

13 Likes

“Some Radiate the Love of Jesus.They walk into the room and You can feel the Love” :yellow_heart:

7 Likes

One place is Matthew 25:14-30, the parable of the talents. Diligence in utilizing the one, or many, gifts from God given while in the womb. We arrive into this world with our custom-made Father-board, so to speak. Free will is the determining factor in exactly how we will use them or if we use them at all.
The three servants knew their talents or capabilities. Two did not hesitate to use the tools given them and found ways to double their productivity for the Lord. Their reward was to enter into the joy of the Lord. (I want to be in this line)
I think the third servant, the one who dug a hole and buried their talent, did not think their talent was worth the labor. Akin to hiding your light under a basket. They understood the Lord could reach a soul for salvation without a human planting the seed or watering it. They felt it was alright to be lazy since God will complete His pleasure anyway. God gave and they wasted the opportunity. This servant’s reward was outer darkness where there is gnashing of teeth. NOT a place I want to end up at.
There are many areas in the New Testament which speaks to us about doing the Lord’s work.

@Anchored, you commented on a couple who are always in mission mode, but who do not concern themselves with BP. Through my years, I have come across those who feel that keeping their sword against the grindstone is enough for them. Some elderly find the events, especially in the past three years, to be too much for them. It scares them. A type of cognitive dissonance. Almost self-preservation. My parents were this way.

Blessings

14 Likes

:rofl: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue: :joy: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :crazy_face: :rofl:

6 Likes

14 March 2023

----------------------------

----------------------------

10 Likes

The grip of fear reaches out for each of us. We’re living in a dangerous world, filled with medical emergencies, family crises, global instability, and threatening situations. Unless Jesus comes again, we’ll face a moment of death. All this causes us feelings that range from unease to terror.

The grip of grace also reaches out for each of us, and we find safety in the protecting, guiding, providing hands of Jesus, still scarred from the wounding nails. Psalm 18:35 says, “Your right hand has held me up.” Isaiah said, “In the shadow of His hand He has hidden me” (Isaiah 49:2). Even Jesus, in a moment of incredible pain, prayed, “Father, ‘into Your hands I commit My spirit’” (Luke 23:46).

When you face times of fear, remember you’re in the hands of Him who stilled the storms.

Dr. David Jeremiah

Does anyone have the free link to the Orlando Prophecy Conference?

:arrow_up:Is anyone going to the next Prophecy Conference on Oct 5-8?
It will be in Norman, OK which is a 45 min drive from where i live and there will be 20 different speakers.

5 Likes

Wild that Brett Meador from Athey Creek used an almost exact metaphor in his Sunday sermon, too.

Things that make you go hmmm.

5 Likes

Hi Gabriele,

It is a very good question, and you have received good replies. I find that many of my own “how do I” questions have the same answer: ask God and watch & listen for the reply.

8 Likes

I call JD’s my “second church”, and I am not secretive about it (nor loud). The sermons at my other in-person one are not hollow (had that problem at other churches in the past), but they studiously avoid prophecy and world events, leaving a huge gap between what is taught and what the congregations (there are three) are going through. We make up for that in a limited way through small group studies and talking among ourselves (which is not discouraged).

It is good to assemble together in person. No church is perfect, although many have moved in a bad direction. I am glad to have been directed for the time being to an in-person one that is doing at least part of what it should be doing, not actively doing anything it should not be doing, and providing ways to serve. That kind of church is increasingly rare, and I am not sure how much longer this one will last. Leaving that “gap” is not a good idea.

14 Likes

Still cannot find it, saw Ps Brandon interviewed Billy and Tom in his channel.

4 Likes

I agree with what you are saying. And I’m wondering how you feel about the fact that most churches require baptism (and sometimes other things, such as signing a membership covenant or attending a class, etc.) to become a member? I’m a bit confused about that because my understanding is that when one believes/trusts Christ they are at that moment saved, sealed, and a secure member of the Body of Christ through the one baptism of the Spirit. So then, are local churches adding traditions of man to salvation in putting requirements for membership? Or should local church membership and being part of the Body of Christ church be seen as separate things?

God bless.

6 Likes

is this the meaning you mentioned: A church covenant is a declaration, which some churches draw up and call their members to sign, in which their duties as church members towards God and their fellow believers are outlined.

Theology of church membership

Christian theologians such as Bostwick Hawley teach that church membership is commanded in Sacred Scripture, grounding this in the fact that “apostolic letters are addressed to the Churches”, “Apostolic salutations are to Churches”, “Jesus Christ is the founder of the Church”, “authority and power of discipline are vested in the Church”, “Believers on earth are a part of the true spiritual Church”, the “general Church is the spiritual kingdom of Christ”, “Jesus Christ is Head of the Church, and Christians in an organized capacity are the body”, “Ecclesia, meaning assembly…designates a Church, or congregation of Christians, having the ordinances of the Gospel and discipline duly administered”, and “To the Church belong the ministry, the Scriptures, and ordinances for the perfecting of the saints”.

Reformed theologian Kevin DeYoung argues that church membership keeps Christians accountable to God. Missiologist Ed Stetzer states that membership in the church exemplifies covenant theology.

-----------------------------------

This discussion is off-topic though, what we need to do is prove all things ( 1 Thess 5:21 ) from Scripture. I also have a “membership” in my local church but that does not bother me at all. The church is not a building or organisation or club.

5 Likes

Some of the churches ( baptist) I became a member of wanted my baptismal record from when I was baptized after being saved.

When I joined the Green Orthodox Church when I married my husband, they required my being baptized into their church. I was ignorant and did.

When I joined my current Baptist church, I only had to give my salvation testimony and did also include being baptized at age 9.

Couple of things that are red flags … Baptist and Protestant churches that I’ve attended and was not a member offered communion to all who professed salvation but at Greek/ Eastern Orthodox, you can not partake of communion unless you are a member which is by baptism.

What I’d consider a red flag is if a church required a re- baptizing to join their church when that person was already baptized. More concerning would be if a church believed baptism into their church results in salvation (Eastern Orthodox) as they espouse that they are “ the true Church “.
They do not recognize other people as Christians because they are not baptized members of their church.

Also , it’s imperative to under the church’s view on the purpose of baptism when asked to be baptized to join. We know baptism doesn’t save but is for a outward showing that Christ has been accepted as Savior.
So , if a person who is saved but hasn’t been baptized asked to do so to join , I don’t see that as a man’s tradition but more of the church wanting the prospective member to partake of an outward showing that they are a believer.

Baptism in and of itself isn’t really a man made tradition as the Bible does speak of being baptized. But the issue is why are they asking someone to be baptized?

1. To show they’ve accepted Christ knowing it’s not required for salvation and have never been baptized- :ballot_box_with_check:

2. To become a member with a purpose of getting saved - :no_entry_sign:

3. Requiring a saved person to be re- baptized : this imo is a personal choice. Some church by - laws do ask this for membership BUT clarify the reason for wanting it. :ballot_box_with_check:OR :no_entry_sign: depending on their reasoning ( getting baptized again is not wrong )

In other words if the baptism is for anything other than to show a testimony that one HAS ALREADY NEEN SAVED , then I’d be concerned.

Just my personal advice. Hopefully it makes sense :blush:

14 Likes

This doesn’t exactly answer the question, but as I listened to the update tonight memories of my kids when my husband came home from work came to mind. When they were preschoolers, they waited with glee, asking when, dancing around in anticipation. As soon as they saw his car pull in the driveway or heard the door opening, they would yell, “Daddy’s home!” and fly to the door for hugs, maybe a surprise if he had one and to show & tell him all that they had done that day hoping to hear, “Great job, nice work!” etc.

As teenagers now (and even me having been married many years) they are usually too absorbed in personal things to run to the door and have lost the fun and excitement they once had for that personal family reconnection.

With Jesus’ appearing, I would rather be like a little child longing for his return and run into his arms than a teenager too preoccupied to care.

28 Likes

Thanks Steph. Wow its great to know you have insights into the Orthodox church. So I have a few questions. 1) What is their understanding of penal substitution? Or even substitutionary atonement? Do they see Christ as dying for sins for sinners as the West more reformed USA views hold? 2) I’ve liked the orthodox concept of Christus Victor. I believe there are actually a few atonement theories that seem to be in biblical view. Or is there something about Christus Victor that is off? And 3) Were you exposed at all to the Scapegoat atonement theory? In some ways that seems to have some relevance although it is a rather very new theory. Up to a few years ago, I was not really all that attentive that there even was such a huge difference of approach in atonement theories between Eastern, or other Orthodox and our more kind of reformed American offshoot atonement views. On the record, I believe both Penal Substitution & Christus Victor were understood to be accurate perspectives in the early church. But I don’t think we ever had a discussion in that way. In any event, thanks for your helpful details and passion to share Him in your life with us. Really glad you’re here. Blessings dear sister. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

A fav song of mine. Thnx for posting the words. It got me singing along with you.
I do relate to your feelings dear sis, and got tired of being lonely for fellowship with like-minded believers. Thru this forum, I saw many in need of prayer, breakthroughs and healing. As I began to make a list and pray for them, my thoughts didnt change much, but my heart became lighter and my focus on reaching the lost grew. It has been refreshing and does help on those days when I cant take this evil word anymore. I think, just one more soul and we can go home…yeah, hallelujah!!

P.S. clean your house for hubby and take a day to spend just with him. It will refresh you both. I lock myself away far too much and do enjoy even a trip to In N Out…lol.

9 Likes

Hey sis @Flamingogirl49563

Have you watched this? So encouraging and comforting by Tyler at Generation2434… may this bless you and anyone else that watches this.

https://www.youtube.com/live/vG4T03rwGdk?feature=share

7 Likes