October 22, 2023: Bible Prophecy Update -- Whose Side Are You On?

Thanks brother for your kind and considerate post.

You know i probably never should have used “stoic” lol. But the core sense of that i think occurs (in what i mean) regardless of how moderators are. I understand your point i think. Would i want moderators too monitoring or loosley monitoring? I would favor the latter which is what we have and is i believe correct on a host of levels. With that though we will get members who might want more policing. So we kind of self police. Use of flags is awesome…and when i do i really enjoy it…lol. I should not admit that. I guess i allow myself that because i don’t do it much at all.

But this stoic thing is probably not all that fair to use such a term in our forum. It makes sense in how i mean it. But its colloquialism is not something we use much here. So to specify, by it i mean that we toughen up one another via virtue. In some ways this is scriptural. But I come from Lordship salvation which is all about that and the kitchen sink. So i see well meaning (what i would call) hyper virtue nudges as kind of the last thing i would find helpful. But my past does not equal anyone’s present. So i see there is a bit of unfairness in my overlaying that term here. Having said that though, the sentiment is still the same in a way. I just mean like I understand the passion to protect the forum and keep things safe and sound. We lost chunks of the forum when it was not so caring toward one another. Its just that whatever ruminates as closing things down on members early…well…i’m just not wired like that. I understand the practice of this can be right and needed in instances. I just see something like that can be hurtful too. I’ve been here for 3 years now. Sometimes people are not the best at communicating and given room…welp…maybe God could minster. This is my main point in the stoic thing. We all operate from virtue hopefullly. To me i guess its just like worth the discussion which we are having…lol…amen…about this kind of thing.

In this case there is not a lot we can do. I’ve experimented a bit myself. But all in all it kind of comes down to people want to see what we want to see. In that sense i would rather talk with people who disagreed with me but have dynamic ability to communicate rather than talk with those who do agree with me and don’t have that. Which is why i am here…lol. I mean this as a massive compliment. :slight_smile:

No you are correct. I have talked with both mods in varying sistuations. I know they don’t. If they did you are so right brother…i would have been removed long ago…lol. This forum has a lot of grace and mercy, amen. I mean nip it in the bud as a practice on the forum. Not that the mods do it. There isn’t all that much of that sort of thing, but some of us are more wired like that. I am learning to see it as a diverse way in which the body functions. So i was just meaning that i am glad our forum is not moderated like that. Amen.

No like that right there you have accurate. Now please note, in my heart of hearts, i am a firm believer that drawing it out is the right thing. Does that mean the way in which i might do it is equally right or fruitful? No. In that it is true, there is a way to maybe draw things out that won’t be hypertension like. But Dan, its like a place i can get on occasion, not as a rule. In that sense no i don’t favor hypertension. Ima flower child hippie in that respect. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I just believe in open discussion…but yeah even there it should have its limits. Amen.

Hi Dennis,

I see others have now weighed in and I am glad.

The Forum belongs to all of us.

Hopefully the following will help clear things up for you. If not send me a PM and I will try to help.

I believe @jasonacts177 recently summed it up well when he was responding to Teren when he stated,

“Teren brother for the most part I concur with all you have espoused. Equally for the most part my experience - subjective, ethnographic and myopic as it may be - remains that this body and fellowship under Christ has and continues to exemplify and exercise God-gifted grace, forbearance, patience, kindness, gentleness to all who sojourn.

When it becomes objectively evident that division and disruption is potentially being sown repeatedly, deliberately and determinately in spite of reasonable and replete responses in the spirit of such aforementioned longsuffering, the question eventually emerges:

Is this serving God?

2 Tim 2:25-26 are well cited and well placed. As is 2 Tim 2:23.

Acts 15 saw Paul and Barnabas part ways over an issue of unreliability with Mark.

This rift was seemingly reconciled, aptly enough in light of your citations, in 2 Tim. 4:11.

Such is my hope for all believers regardless which point of the rapture (de)fence they currently sit on.

In Christ

Note Jason is following the “principles” laid out in in 2 Tim 2. That are also cited in our (TOS) They were just some of the principles that were being laid out to a young Pastor Timothy by the Apostle Paul. (Pastor to Pastor, Shepherd to Shepherd prior to Paul’s death) In part on how the Lord wants His “Body of Christ” to operate.

As such we adopt these “principles” on our Forum.

The biggest issue I see on the Forum is people failing to walk in the Spirit as mandated by the Apostle Paul. When we are walking in the Spirit, the Holy Spirit that indwells us all, will then produce the Fruits of the Spirit through us by speaking the Truth in LOVE.

1 Corinthians 13:4-7 (The Old NIV)

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.

5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.

7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Galatians 5:13-36 (The Old NIV)

13 You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love.

14 For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”

15 If you bite and devour each other, watch out or you will be destroyed by each other.

16 So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh.

17 For the flesh desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are in conflict with each other, so that you are not to do whatever you want.

18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

19 The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery;

20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions

21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,

23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.

25 Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.

26 Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other.

Our Mods track records speaks for themselves, and they are very lenient in their approach in keeping with how Pastor JD wants his Forum run.

You asked me “ Face it brother you tend to enjoy a hypertension conversation! I would say even at the expense of stirring up things. Confusing the forum by allowing someone to create a spiritual protest as their defense inside of the forum goes too far, don’t you agree?”

Well Dennis, I understand what you are saying, but I would phrase it very differently, with a very different intent.

I do “tug on hooks” occasionally to draw out a response from people to see where their heads are at. Then I consider the above in Galatians 5:13-36 and 1 Corinthians 13:4-7.

Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.

Agape,

Ken

6 Likes

OK, I believe this is what comes to mind when I receive this flashlight type of post.

Hey, if you Deeper into this Area you may Need a Life Preserver! I always stop and count the cost, problem is I am not so good at Math.

Thanks Brother

Welcome to the crowd, that’s one of his shining points! :person_shrugging:

Shalom

Hey, Brother
I call myself Dan but now I am back to Danny to make Medicare Happy.
I use to use my name until I learned Jack Masters (Jack of all Trades Master at None) had an Alias so I followed suite., for kicks but also seemed to be wise too…

I believe we are all responsible for it for a large part.

I readily agree with all you said.

I believe I could have given Brother Teren a bit more grace on the subject no doubt. We have a long track record here and he has cut me slack many times. Something triggered my too-focused response for that was my bad.

I agree with your way of looking at it, even though the response came from an exchange we had much earlier, even that earlier exchange could have been better.

Maybe I should just use a few of the scriptures you shared next time when FoxMan throws me a Life Preserver when I am in deep water.

I believe those types of scriptures could make things simpler but not always resolve it as usually the other side of the conversation absolutely believes they are walking in the spirit and you are not… But they would then have to argue and defend that also.

Hey, Thank you Ken for your shared words of wisdom. I know the scriptures you shared well and have loved them and shared them myself. I may need to dust them off and have them ready as we all move forward!

Shalom

3 Likes

Several channels on Telegram posted this:

"In a significant move, the Algerian Parliament has officially authorized President Abdelmadjid Tebboune to enter the conflict in support of Gaza, with a unanimous vote of 100/100.

Algeria becomes the second Arab nation to declare official support for Palestine and to confront Israel.

Just two days earlier, Yemeni Houthi forces also declared war on Israel and initiated a series of attacks using cruise, ballistic missiles, and drones on targets in Eilat and Eritrea."

3 Likes

Hey Dan,

My apology for getting your name wrong.

The Forum belongs to all of us.

I believe we are all responsible for it for a large part.

Yes, we are, from top to bottom. We need only pattern ourselves after our Mods lead, and follow our code of conduct, and we should be fine. AND WE CAN HAVE FUN TOO.

I believe I could have given Brother Teren a bit more grace on the subject no doubt……

Sorry, I no longer remember that.

I agree with your way of looking at it, even though the response came from an exchange we had much earlier, even that earlier exchange could have been better.

Sorry, I no longer remember that either.

My attempt at humor.

Konfusing Ken Says: The best way I have found to avoid deep water is to learn to swim first, before jumping in so I don’t drown.

So, for me, I need to search the scriptures first if I don’t remember it, and or understand the topic. Then make sure the water is not full of sharks before dipping my big toe in to test the temperature. Then sometimes I go for a cannon ball or buttercup to create a tsunami. Other times I slither into the water unnoticed. (All of this all requires a miracle from God)

I believe those types of scriptures could make things simpler but not always resolve it as usually the other side of the conversation absolutely believes they are walking in the spirit and you are not… But they would then have to argue and defend that also.

Yes, I too see the same issue. But there is no getting around Galatians 5:13-36 and 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 to discern what you are dealing with. That is why you will see me agree to disagree with someone agreeably on occasion to avoid conflict. Often, they will then go on and make a fool of themselves for all to see.

Galatians 5:13-36 and 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 as well as many others

We all need to dust them off and have them ready as we all move forward.

I consider them a part of my armor.

Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.

Thanks for the kind response, it moved me.

God Bless You (Dan the Man)

Ken

3 Likes

Sound like a future rapper in the making :slight_smile:

So sad, so true.

6 Likes

Not sure when I will have that plan down. But until then I will call on the Lord for a helping hand up, the same as Peter. Seems I usually follow the learning examples of not, 1st. Still Keeping my Eyes on Jesus.

Same here without Him I am a zero, just a placeholder.

Thank you for sharing the Heart of God with me this morning.

Maranatha

2 Likes

Well? Everyone is joining into war now and we have a global Jihad going on - Which one of us has the keys to the cage to release the Rabbit of Caerbannog? Also, we need the Holy hand grenade, if you’re willing to part with it.

9 Likes

Holy Hand Grenade 2

6 Likes
3 Likes

Love listening to Dr. David Jeremiah. Such a brave man!

In the dutch msm they are now stating that palastinians who worked in Israel, have been arrested and kept in captivity for the last 3 weeks under horrific circumstances, including being tortured. They have now been transported back into Gaza.
What do you guys think? I know the Israeli are only human, but this doesn’t seem to fit as they have gone to reasonable trouble to minimize the number of casualties.

2 Likes

From what I am hearing, those Palestinians you are talking about have work papers to go to and from Gaza to the west bank to work. That is they live in Gaza but work in the west bank area somewhere. I can’t attest to the torture or horrific conditions aspect but, they were detained in part to be interrogated.

There are people on the ground trying desparately to get facts out as best as possible. At this time Israel is not letting any press into Gaza so what little comes out of Gaza comes from PAO offices in the IDF. PAO = Public Affairs Office. Of course they are going to put the best positive spin on the events in Gaza of their actions so how accurate that is actually we don’t know.

Of the IDF people that I have seen interviews with some were involved with the initial response on Oct. 7 and came upon those Israeli families attacked in Israel. Some of the stories are horrific. Palestineans raided a police station, took uniforms and then started going door to door pretenting to be Israeli police. When people opened their doors thinking they were getting help, they were gunned down. Descriptions of many of the bodies and body parts I will not describe here. Other interviews speak of the clearing work inside Gaza in and around Gaza city where Hamas operatives have been capture instead of killed on site. Much of that has to do with intelligence gathering and the final disposition of those captured Hamas has yet to be determined.

One of the interviews of a SF Commander IDF soldier who is dual citizenship US and Israeli spoke to says his personal take is to make sure his subordinates always consider the basic human factor that is not every person in the Gaza strip is Hamas and not all support them as quasi government. That is to say they are cautious to protect themselves as best as possible but to give high consideration that the person in their gun sights is also human as in kids, women, even elderly and unless they pose a threat they are to be conisdered a non combatent. That indicates many in the IDF are struggling to be as humane as possible.

On the other hand the documented used of schools, mosques, hospitals, even high rise apartment buildings as weapons caches, operational offices by Hamas is well known. Then there is the fact that Israel slowed its initial assault on Gaza to take the time one to warn all of Gaza that they would turn off services and gave them a week to evacuate to the south and many that tried to evacuate were held and blocked by Hamas before they could reach the safety of the south end of Gaza. In short they were not allowed the opportunity to remain safe as Hamas has forced them to remain as shields in northern Gaza. Given the amount of time given for Palestineans to separate themselves from Hamas, several weeks before ground troops and armored troops moved in and yet the IDF is still finding them as they start to clear Hamas from known locations being used as shields say more to Hamas’ treatments of Palestineans than that of Israel.

Could there be mistreatment of Paletsinean civilians by Israel? They answer has to be yes. Yet if we ask the same question of treatment of them by Hamas the answer is again yes. But what we have to remember is many Palestineans allowed Hamas to gain power, to gain a foot hold in Gaza and from that time they have indoctrinated many young boys and men and forced them to become Hamas warriors. Sadly those that are considered the leaders don’t even live in Gaza. They live oppulent lives in places like Doha and Abu Dabi among the wealthy Arabs of those places. They have high life styles while they send children and young men off to die and to kill Israelis.

What many fail to understand is sadly Hamas exist because of Iran and take the same radicalized view of Israel that Iran has and that is the only good Jew is a dead Jew. So this is what Israel is facing, fanatical people who are willing to stop at nothing even their own death if it means killing Jews.

As PM Golda Meir once said, “If Israel laid down its weapons, in 24 hours there would be no Israel no Jews. If Hamas and other radical Muslim groups backed by Iran were to lay down their weapons there would be peace tomorrow.” We are looking at to different mind sets here. One is seaking peace and responds to terror attacks as cautiously and carefully as they can to avoid collateral damage. The other is ruthless and cares nothing for human life such they will strapp a bomb to a child and them to be killers at the cost of their own lives. One is evil, very evil killing, stealing and destroying. The other is trying to surive.

If your neighbor moved in next door started harrassing you, attacking you without provocation, would you accept that knowing your children, family young and old were at serious risk of being killed, just stand by and allow that to happen. Yes you want to live peacefully with them but they hate you so much they will stop at nothing to annoy, harrass, even kill you if they can get away with it, what would you do. Would you just allow them to wipe out you and your entire family for no other reason than they just don’t like you? If you answer no to that question then you can apply that to stories coming out that Israeli authorities are mistreating Palestineans. Otherwise it would be best to wait for the fog of war to settle, the smoke to clear to find out what happened after the fact. For now there will be much information, many claims that each side is committing war crimes. We cannot know for sure till this is over. Ultimately there is coming to Israel a point where they will stand alone and their salvation will be of God. This is in part a lead up to that time and so God knows what is happening and I would have to guess that some who die are innocents and some who die are guilty of horrific sins and crimes. Best not to accept all that is being said now as absolute. Propaganda is the way of news in these very deceptive end times.

5 Likes

@TheNetherlandsJet

I would just add that I heard an ex Hamas person telling of the atrocities happening in Israeli prisons.

What he said is the stories you hear are untrue.
What is happening in those prisons is that when the Hamas are mixed in with the Palestinians, it is the Hamas that is torturing and killing the Palestinians.
Those that come out tell the stories of the horrors in the prison, but fail to mention it is Hamas doing it to them and NOT the Israelis (for fear of their lives).
(I may have misunderstood the interview, but that is what I heard.)
Anyway, just thought I would share my 2 cents.
We may never know the truth.

12 Likes

I would not be surprised. Prison life is harsh everywhere especially among those being held. Prisoner against prisoner crimes are common occurences.

8 Likes

Good information, the numbers speak and the rocks cry out.

Shalom

That were my thoughts exactly, but it’s always good to hear other ppl thoughts about it. There will we lots and lots we will never know the truth of.

5 Likes
6 Likes