September 5, 2021: Bible Prophecy Update

About the Bible - I’ve been trying to make remarks to see if they peak his interest. He sees me reading my Bible. I’ve told him a few times about how it’s the best book I’ve ever read. Here and there, while I’m reading it, I’ll say something about what I’m reading, to see if it peaks any interest. As an example, I would say, “wow! I never realized just how much evil the people did in the Bible - the child sacrifices (passing them through the fire) to Baal, idols, etc.” I had no idea about that history - until I read it.

I put some of my favorite verses taped to our refrigerator door (Joshua 1:9, Deuteronomy 31:6, Isaiah 40:31, Joshua 1:5). The verses about how the Lord will never leave nor forsake me. That He will give us strength and to not be afraid.

He doesn’t seem interested, but I keep praying! Maybe I’ll start changing up the verses - maybe adding new ones each week, that kind of thing. Heck, maybe I should put the ABCs on the fridge!!!

7 Likes

According to the scriptures you could say yes, if he truly believes in his heart 1 Corinthians 15:1-4
Only God and himself knows his heart so I pray that he will be more open to reading God’s Word

You could try leaving little sticky notes with scripture verses to have the Holy Spirit work on him!

You know like the coffee machine, his favorite cup, the milk jug and sugar jar!

It may only take one verse to have the Holy Spirit convict him to open God’s Word.

The first time I heard;

Behold the Lamb of God, who taketh away the sin of the world.

The Holy Spirit convicted me that I am just a useless sinner but more importantly, that verse is what made me believe that Jesus is the Son of God

Shalom!

6 Likes

Thank you so much for the prayers Katherine. I love what you do with praying over him at night and in the morning before he wakes up. And of course I pray lots of times during the day, but I really like the idea of praying over him physically as he sleeps. Thank you for that recommendation.

The Catholic Church. It’s all so hard to figure out what to say. The Lord showed me and put me into the right places online, so that He would expose this info to me. I was a Catholic my whole life till a few years ago. Now, knowing what I know with its true history, and how it is not, in my opinion, a good place to be. The Lord says in the Bible that we are to only call God as our “father”, no one else on earth. So the whole priest “father” thing, bothers me. Confessing sins to a man (a priest) bothers me. The Pope - gosh that’s a whole, huge, other conversation. Here on the forum, we know pretty much what he is all about.

My entire family. All of them. On my side of the family (which is big), and my husbands family (which is enormous) are all Catholic. I know they believe in Jesus and his death and resurrection. But the sacraments, the way the Catholic Church is set up, the Vatican… all of it - yikes.

It is interesting- you said your husband was an altar boy. So was my husband. I have thought about trying to show to him the real history of the Catholic Church, but I don’t know if he’d be patient enough to listen, since he thinks everything is a conspiracy theory.

Sorry about the rambling…

8 Likes

I love this! Thank you - I’m going to add stickies not to just the fridge. :+1:

Praise the Lord that that verse brought you to Him! God bless you!

5 Likes

This is kind of cliche but 80 years ago, many Christians were convinced that Hitler was the antichrist… but there were some elements missing (Israel not yet a nation being the primary one) that evidenced against that belief. So today… one major element of the MOB is that one must pledge their allegiance to the AC… this is what he wants. There are many similarities in our current situation to the beast system but until there is a god-like individual that people start to worship… it ain’t the MOB… BTW… still a million and one reasons to NOT take the jab… just sayin

6 Likes

I second that! Thankyou JD!

Oh my word. My husband was raised catholic and was an altar boy too!! I personally have tried to revoke the catholic belief system and show him short history about it. Sometimes I think he is second guessing it but at other times I cannot be so sure. It’s a tough battle.

2 Likes

God bless you!

1 Like

My dear sister,
Here is my 3 pennies worth.
I was the one raised Catholic and came out of Her! Praise God!
Now hubby, was raised churched and is passionate about a number of things that bring God glory.
However, on so many issues such as the prophetic we are day and night.
I have found praying scripture over my beloved has by far been one of the best things I have done. It accomplishes more then I can do otherwise. Psalms is my go to: 1, 27, 91, 119 to name a few.
I insert my dh’s name liberally. This works for your kids as well.
:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

7 Likes

Nessie, thank you for what you said. I think I need to somehow put together some sort of preso or maybe there are some online folks that have videos about the truth about the RCC. God bless you

3 Likes

No problem at all. Would be an interesting video. I know that this guy has videos of all sorts of false religion online including mormons.

4 Likes

Thank you - I’m going to add those psalms as I pray over my hubby. And now I’m going to do that over my children too! I have given to my 2 sons (18,15) an email that explains what it really means to be saved. I provided the ABCs, and explained that this is literally how easy it is. And that it’s not about us “being good enough”, or performing works. I told them it’s belief in Jesus, and His death for our sins, and his resurrection. I do face-to-face conversations with our 12 year old. He’s 100% all in and has accepted Jesus as his savior (Praise the Lord!).

I want to share a quick story. We were at our giant family reunion weekend in July. There were over 100 people. Part of the festivities are fireworks. One of my nephews (he’s in his late 20’s) does fireworks shows. Well, our youngest has never been a fan of fireworks. He’s just been kind of afraid of them since he was little. We usually stay inside the house and watch from the windows. This year, he decided he wanted to come out and watch them live. We sat far away - further away than most. There was an errant firework that grazed right above our heads. My husband threw his body over our son. We had to start patting down some very hot spots. My husband’s hand got a burn. My son was very scared (we all were). I asked my son if he was ok. He said essentially that when it happened, he thought about Jesus and that he’d be going to heaven. JESUS is who he was thinking about when this happened. It makes my heart sing that he loves our Lord!

16 Likes

I’m going to watch this - thank you!

1 Like

Oh, wow - that makes my heart sing for Joy!
Amazing how great our God is!
Our daughter use to be so afraid of them as well.

Taking his role as a father seriously - very precious. He took the burn over your son.
Thank you for sharing. So much redemption in this story. :grin:

4 Likes

I can’t help myself!
This is sure to make you soar. A warm up …
Ready?

8 Likes

Just for starters… Rev 13:8 and 13:12 but it is really throughout… Look at what the enemy did with Christ himself during the 40 days in the wilderness (worship me and all this wiil be yours). He wants to be worshipped like God is… Remember the 5 “I Wills” in Isaiah 14… He wants the worship God receives and he will get a shallow version of it… when the Mark is instituted

4 Likes

You are so welcome. :heart:

WOW. That video was great! Thank you so, so, very much! God bless you!

3 Likes

I am so pleased you liked it. Glad I could help.

P.s I follow Robert Breaker the guy in the video on You Tube his channel is listed just as Robert Breaker. He has lots of wonderful teachings on there.

@Faith1

4 Likes

Well, sort of. He is also very New Age and a Coach. But I like his humor too. Just sad, that he is totally believing in New Age.

1 Like